Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone gotten the new TCM "Essentials Book" yet???

spence

Many may recall that I've been collecting movie books ever since 1979-(37yrs) started as a wee-lad of 14 to15 & to date own approx. 200 or more.

(NOTE: & please someone tell me-(TopBilled,etc) does this belong in another section, on movie memorabilia, books, dvd's, cd's,etc?)

anyhow, I hope to add this book to my own library & it's somewhat of a companion pc/book to a few others TCM put out a few years back>

"The 50 Most Unforgettable Actors of the Studio System"-"LEADING MEN"

&

"The 50 Most Unforgettable Actresses of the Studio System"-"LEADING LADIES"

PLEASE LET ME/US KNOW IF YOU ALREADY GOT IT & THESE (2) TOO?

PLUS, THE OTHERS IN THE SERIES

thanx

Many may recall that I've been collecting movie books ever since 1979-(37yrs) started as a wee-lad of 14 to15 & to date own approx. 200 or more.

(NOTE: & please someone tell me-(TopBilled,etc) does this belong in another section, on movie memorabilia, books, dvd's, cd's,etc?)

anyhow, I hope to add this book to my own library & it's somewhat of a companion pc/book to a few others TCM put out a few years back>

"The 50 Most Unforgettable Actors of the Studio System"-"LEADING MEN"

&

"The 50 Most Unforgettable Actresses of the Studio System"-"LEADING LADIES"

PLEASE LET ME/US KNOW IF YOU ALREADY GOT IT & THESE (2) TOO?

PLUS, THE OTHERS IN THE SERIES

thanx

Hey Spence,  I bought the book and I like it.  I don't have as many books as you have, so I don't know how much new information you'll get on the movies profiled, but I think it is a good complement to The Essentials series.  If you enjoyed those discussions, then you might think this is a good way to relive some of those showings.  Just my two cents.  Thanks!

Hey Spence,  I bought the book and I like it.  I don't have as many books as you have, so I don't know how much new information you'll get on the movies profiled, but I think it is a good complement to The Essentials series.  If you enjoyed those discussions, then you might think this is a good way to relive some of those showings.  Just my two cents.  Thanks!

THANX FOR LOGGING-IN, it looks like we are alone here though? Trust me, if you like it then get the others!!!

I especially love "Top 50 Leading Men" due to my idols being covered *Tracy & *Sinatra

& I had asked for someone else to help & cite the others in the series. I now remember, one is on "Movie Teamings"

• Like 2

THANX FOR LOGGING-IN, it looks like we are alone here though? Trust me, if you like it then get the others!!!

I especially love "Top 50 Leading Men" due to my idols being covered *Tracy & *Sinatra

& I had asked for someone else to help & cite the others in the series. I now remember, one is on "Movie Teamings"

Thanks for the recommendations - I'll check them out!!

• 2 weeks later...

Some of mine look as though they have been run over by a truck though

"The Films of: Spencer Tracy' in that superb & sadly now gone Citadel series

Of those I have "Films of Gable" Bogart" Sinatra & Hitch & desperately wanted the 1 of Natalie wood, but they closed it down?

But, a few of those raggedy books are from my going into them soo much over the years

"Final Curtain" "Hollywood WOF" & 1 that is an absolute for us on here "The Great Stars: The Golden years" (David Shipman)

matter of fact it was another TCM-ITE-(bansi/mongo) that urged me to rush to ebay & get it & very $cheap$ too.

My top (3);

1. "R. 0sborne's 85yrs of Oscar"-(huge & heavy)

2. "AFI Desk Reference" (Melinda Corey & another author) & it's not only about AFI, but EVERYTHING cinema related, but needs a revised edition

3. "The Great stars: The Golden Yrs"

My biggest was a gift from my mother around 1984/85 "David 0.Selznick's Hollywood" it close in size between it & Osborne's

Harvest Books has the Citadel series, or did a yr back

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings