Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

do you see JUDY in these early (very early) photos?

DickLindsay

Hello all:

As some of you may remember, I absolutely love Judy Garland; I am especially fond of the early years.

Recently, I purchased a bunch of early movie photographs and much to my surprise, I found three to be from very early Vitaphone shorts (circa 1929 and 1930) which featured Judy and her two sisters.  At the time, they were still in vaudeville and known as the Gumm Sisters with Judy being called 'Baby Gumm'.

Here are three photographs:  First is from 'BUBBLES' (1930).  This film exists and can be seen in its entirety on youtube.  You can see Judy in this photograph; she is on the furthest on the right, front row, standing next to her two sisters in a black-polka dot-starry costume.

The next photo (#2) is also from BUBBLES, a shot from the beginning of the film.  I don't think Judy is here, but wanted to show it to everyone anyway.  Anyone think that Judy is in this photo?I thought **maybe** the second girl on the left but, probably not.

And last photo #3 is from a film 'A HOLIDAY IN STORYLAND'; this film does not exist (I don't think).  The audio of Judy singing can be heard on youtube, but no footage seems to be around.  THis photo seems to have the whole cast (or many of the cast) in the shot, but I cannot see if any of them are judy; although, it's hard to see.

Anyway, three rare original photos from very early Vitaphone Judy short subjects.  neat, right?

bubbles1.JPG

bubbles10001.JPG

bubbles3.JPG

• Like 2

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings