Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Where is the December schedule?

skimpole

That's correct, but December seems to be a month where the usual films make their usual appearance. 

If you're referring to holiday films scheduled around the holiday because it is timely to do so, then I don't think we can fault TCM. In fact, there was one year when Barbara Stanwyck was SOTM in December (back in 2013). For some inexplicable reason, CHRISTMAS IN CONNECTICUT did not air. It was doubly noticeable because all of Stanwyck's other big films were airing. And people complained, because they expect CHRISTMAS IN CONNECTICUT to be on TCM each year around the holidays.

• Like 1

A while back, someone suggested that a "Holiday Films" section be added to the Genre section of the Message Boards.  I thought it was a great idea, but it looks like it didn't happen. 

Does anyone know how I can contact the TCM Administrator to renew this request?

As is probably obvious, the December schedule topic reminded me that discussions of Christmas movies are probably coming soon -- and a "Holiday Films" section would be useful for collecting such threads.

If I remember correctly, the person who originally suggested the "Holiday Films" section noted that it wouldn't have to be limited to Christmas movies.  I agree.  While I'd guess that Christmas is probably the holiday with the most associated movies, there are certainly other holidays with movies -- Halloween, Thanksgiving, New Year's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Independence Day (July 4th).

• Like 1

A while back, someone suggested that a "Holiday Films" section be added to the Genre section of the Message Boards.  I thought it was a great idea, but it looks like it didn't happen. 

Does anyone know how I can contact the TCM Administrator to renew this request?

As is probably obvious, the December schedule topic reminded me that discussions of Christmas movies are probably coming soon -- and a "Holiday Films" section would be useful for collecting such threads.

If I remember correctly, the person who originally suggested the "Holiday Films" section noted that it wouldn't have to be limited to Christmas movies.  I agree.  While I'd guess that Christmas is probably the holiday with the most associated movies, there are certainly other holidays with movies -- Halloween, Thanksgiving, New Year's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Independence Day (July 4th).

Hi BingFan,

Maybe you can send a request to the moderator using the Private Message function. And the mod will forward it to the ones who add new sub-forums.

If so, there is no guarantee it will be posted by Oct 1 either. As that falls on a weekend, that seems unlikely date for them to release the schedule. They could've just as easily decided to give only 30 days notice, or some other arbitrary advance notice.

I love seeing the schedule 3 months in advance as it helps me manage my DVR space so I can delete movies repeating in the near future (and right now I could use some help), but there's no guarantee they will continue this policy.

Perhaps TCM is starting a new policy. Not posting a new schedule for the third month until the first day of the two previous months. In other words the December schedule on October 1.  Once again, pure speculation !

A couple months ago it fluctuated the other way, it was released just in time for me to include it in my summaries which I do at the start of each month, so I did about 2100 records or 5 months worth of adjustments that time, instead of the usual 1700 records or 4 months worth (usual 4 months would include month-ending + 3 months).  As an aside, either way it doesn't matter to me.  Most of it is done using scripts.  Takes a couple hours or so either way.  So no big deal.  Keep them coming.

I'll take you're word on what it's been in the past but I would be surprised to see it posted Oct 1. Per previous discussions

It's always been posted 2+ months in advance on the website, normally in week 2 or 3 (but sometimes earlier) in the third month preceding the new schedule.

It always first appears on the website during a weekday, and never on a weekend that I can remember.

So unless they post December by Friday on the webiste, my guess is that the IOS apps will belayed as well and will not appear on Oct 1 (which is a weekend). But who knows, hopefully you are correct.

Speaking of the iOS apps, I had no idea the schedule showed up that far in advance. I took a look at mine, and I couldn't even figure out how to quickly scroll that far -- the best I could do is scroll one day at a time and it would take far too long for me to scroll that far in advance.

the IOS Apps for iphone and ipad always have the third month added to the schedule on the first day of the first month, so unless they change their standard procedure, December will be up on October 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings