Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"The Great Race" Natalie & *Edith Head

spence

By now TCM aired 1965's fun (***) "The Great Race' again last night, but I thought some may enjoy some fun true to life trivia facts from it & other stuff related

I saw some footage awhile back on youtube & the making of the comedy & all-time *Oscar champ for Best Costume Design with (8) victories *Edith Head-(l898-l98l)

did the costumes for several of the (46) films that NATALIE WOOD made, including this one & she said that Natalie's actual waistline was just '22 inches, but she could fit her into a size '17 very often, including for this 1965 movie

To the ladies' out there, is this truly a remarkably small size or what?

Via comparison, icon Madonna's is a '23 & that's after having 2 children

Natasha was tony all over, at barely 5'0 & approx 105lbs at best & had a shoe size of 5 & 1/2-(NOTE: Most don't believe me when I tell them that the legendary *John "The Duke" Wayne's shoe size was also only a 5 & 1/2. This was the reason he was 4-F for WW2 & accounted for his iconic walk as well.

The Warner Bros. publicity dept though for some reason always listed her hgt as being 5'3?

(P.S. Judy Garland & Gloria Swanson were even shorter at 4'11 & 1/2 & Mae west was also barely 5'0)

"SMOKE & MIRRORS"

THANK YOU

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings