Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM Announces October 2016 Guest Host for Robert Osborne

Barton_Keyes

Character actor Ron Perlman, formerly a guest programmer on TCM in November 2011, will be guest-hosting TCM's primetime films on Friday and Saturday nights in October.

Perlman is picture below (at left) with TCM VP of Studio Production Sean Cameron, at the 2016 TCM Classic Film Festival in Hollywood.

468039238-actor-ron-perlman-and-vice-pre

• Like 1

Character actor Ron Perlman, formerly a guest programmer on TCM in November 2011, will be guest-hosting TCM's primetime films on Friday and Saturday nights in October.

Perlman is picture below (at left) with TCM VP of Studio Production Sean Cameron, at the 2016 TCM Classic Film Festival in Hollywood.

Thanks for the info...he's certainly an interesting choice for October.

I'm beginning to think that as well. Just waiting for the announcement. When was the last month he was actually appearing? (which I'm sure were filmed months earlier)

I still really have to admire how he pushed himself to work beyond what perhaps he was physically fit for. A lot of people would probably have thrown it in 3 or 4 years ago, but he stuck it out I think in part for his love of classic movies.

The last film Robert Osborne solo intro'd was "Under the Volcano" on 2/21/2016. I'm guessing that was probably taped a couple of months in advance.

When you look at all the people who now introduce movies on TCM it's mind boggling to think Robert used to do it all by himself.  And now most nights there are only 3 wraparounds instead of 4.

Hard to believe he'll be 85 in May.

Whenever the time comes for retirement I hope TCM will air Robert's original wraparounds for the first film shown, Gone With the Wind.

Yancey

• Like 1

Has it been announced he's going to show for the cruise, or is that still up in the air?

Robert Osborne will not be attending the cruise.

The last film he introduced solo was UNDER THE VOLCANO on February 21, 2016. The last film he introduced with a guest was THE FRENCH CONNECTION, with guest programmer Candice Bergen on June 14, 2016. Both the guest programmer wraparounds for June and the 31 Days of Oscar segments were recorded in January. 

The most recent on-air segment Osborne has been involved with was narrating TCM's tribute to Olivia De Havilland, which aired frequently in July. The voiceover for that was recorded in June 2016.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings