Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Howard the Duck" & "Mommie dearest" (tie) for worst on...

spence

Already posted that *"CASABLANCA" was voted the all-time favorite motion picture by the group-(799 to date) on FB's companion pc "TCM FANATICS (A Celebration of Hollywoods Golden Age)

& there was a much lower turn out in the #2nd poll I initiated on "All-Time Worst?"

But, it was a (tie) though still running between "Howard the Duck" (l986) & the cult camp classic "Mommie Dearest" (l98l)

The latter is by no means among mine though I think it'

s camp & all, but *Faye Dunaway is brilliant as *Joan Crawford & was "ROBBED" of another *Oscar shot!?

I personally voted for 2 Ed Wood flix-(which are fun though) & then the staggeringly awful 1970 "Myra Breckinridge" anybody ever catch this mess?

& just started a #3rd poll on all-time favorite motion picture actors?

Next of course "THE LADIES'" :P

Please do check it out though & again, especially-(for some reason) our beloved TCM has not, yet?

This is probably thee sole cinema related site/medium that has yet to conduct this jazz? :angry:

(P.S. & our very own (TopBilled), gave me permission to post his as well)

THANK YOU :D  :)

• 2 weeks later...

I remember first seeing it on a cable channel back about '83.  During the scene where Dunaway is whipping that poor girl with a wire hanger my older daughter, 11 at the time, looked over at me and said, "Don't get ANY IDEAS, Dad."  :D

Of course, we both knew I would never dream of doing that, but in the joking mood I replied that I'd probably go with the WOODEN hangers.  Her sister, not to be left out said, "If I were your mom, I'd use that POLE we put the hangers ON."  :D

Sepiatone

I agree but the trevor jones music score is good.

Split with ya' on "Dark Crystal" though I went to it way back as a Christmas release for 1982-(NOTE: A great movie year by the way)

& found it dull, but not bad, just mediocre (**)

*Faye Dunaway is brilliant as *Joan Crawford & was "ROBBED" of another *Oscar shot!?

Completely agree with this! I have seen Mommie Dearest about ten times and that ^^^ is the reason why!

AGREED 100%   THE BEST ACTRESS CONTENDERS FOR 1981 WERE:

*KATHARINE HEPBURN in "0n Golden Pond"

DIANE KEATON, "Reds"

MARSHA MASON, "Only When I Laugh"

SUSAN SARANDON, "Atlantic City"

& MERYL STREEP, "French Lieutanant's Woman"

back in the early 1970s I had the issue of marvel comics' man-thing where howard the duck made his debut...

he called us naked hairless apes. :)

Did they try to mate in the comic....

Howard+the+Duck+Lea+Thompson+love+scene.

....or better had an offspring?  :lol:

freaks-woman.jpg

Edited by hamradio

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings