• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Uncanny resemblances

Debra Johnson

Is it just me or does anyone else notice a striking resemblance between:

Claudette Colbert and Jane Wyman

As well as Orson Wells and Raymond Burr

Well Deb, I suppose besides the fact that both of the aforementioned ladies started sporting those "helmet head" type hairstyles, which sorry, kind'a made 'em both look a little "matronly" at perhaps much too young an age, I suppose there MIGHT be a little resemblance 'tween 'em.

But sorry, I don't see much of a resemblance 'tween Orson and Raymond, and even though later on they both gained a ton of weight.

(...nope, I always thought, and I've heard a number of other people say, that the ol' Perry Mason star resembled actor Laird Cregar, as both sported those "hooded eyes", among a few other physical and facial similarities)

• Like 1

Is it just me or does anyone else notice a striking resemblance between:

Claudette Colbert and Jane Wyman

As well as Orson Wells and Raymond Burr

The Wells and Burr resemblance came along in their later years.  I recall one comic on  Johhny Carson's "The Tonight Show"  referring to it as, "The battle of the bulge and beard!"   :D

Sepitone

Sometimes, I think John Travolta could have passed for Hodiak's son.

I too, have mentioned that in here somewhere before.

How about resemblances in movies?

While watching BUONA SERA MRS. CAMPBELL the other day on TCM, I couldn't help but feel, "I've SEEN this movie before, haven't I?" 

But, I HAVEN'T.  It took a nanosecond to realize it was MAMMA MIA without  the plastic pop ABBA music.  And in ITALY instead of GREECE.  AND IMHO, MUCH more enjoyable a movie than "Mamma Mia".  Quick research didn't reveal however, if the latter got the idea from the former.

Sepiatone

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings