Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone know why TCM on Demand

Debra Johnson

Please explain.  Not sure what you mean.

Ie., since they're already starting a TCM/Criterion streaming channel on 10/19 ( http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/114746-when-does-filmstruck-launch/page-2 ), we can assume the dedicated TCM On Demand is being phased out.

They only had the good movies for a week anyway.

(And they say the Playstation apps won't be till "early '17, so I can't watch it properly until then.)

With Filmstruck coming up in a week, it's reasonable to assume they may have tossed it over.

Actually, it seems like TCM may not be contributing content to the service, they just create, host, and program it for the parties involved. Everything about their participation otherwise has been pretty vague and they should probably clear the issue up.

TCM On Demand - Debra, it may just be an issue with your TV service. My Comcast still has it and it updates every day (currently over 80 titles.)

• Like 1

I have Charter and it's working fine. Just watched a movie on it today (the 13th).

What am I doing wrong? I tune into channel 1 and click on free movies, then TCM. That's when I get the message to return, that nothing's available. It happens on the other free channels too.

What am I doing wrong? I tune into channel 1 and click on free movies, then TCM. That's when I get the message to return, that nothing's available. It happens on the other free channels too.

Two things:

1. First, I misunderstood. I watch 'Movies on Demand" at the TCM website on my computer. That's what I had checked.

2. I just checked my channel 1 and I was able to pull up about 7 movies on TCM - started playing one and it worked. I have to admit I never tried it that way before, so I learned something. However, the "Movies on Demand" feature on the TCM website has a ton of movies.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

May 2017 - my Comcast system still lists TCM in their on-demand section.  However, no movies have been available on this on-demand for about a week now.

I contacted Comcast about their xfinity on-demand service and they indicated it should be working.  It is up to TCM to provide the on-demand content.  So it seems they are throwing this problem back in TCM's lap.

Any idea folks?  Is TCM abandoning their cable system on-demand content? 

May 2017 - my Comcast system still lists TCM in their on-demand section.  However, no movies have been available on this on-demand for about a week now.

I contacted Comcast about their xfinity on-demand service and they indicated it should be working.  It is up to TCM to provide the on-demand content.  So it seems they are throwing this problem back in TCM's lap.

Any idea folks?  Is TCM abandoning their cable system on-demand content? 

Sorry to hear about your problem. TCM On Demand is working just fine on the Comcast system here in Atlanta. It's beginning to load up with war movies, and I'm looking forward to watching "Sergeant York" again at some point.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your problem. TCM On Demand is working just fine on the Comcast system here in Atlanta. It's beginning to load up with war movies, and I'm looking forward to watching "Sergeant York" again at some point.

yEAH, I got Spectrum cable here in North Carolina and I've been mostly pretty pleased with the rotating ON DEMAND selection and have watched quite a few movies- among them ALI: FEAR EATS THE SOUL and LADY SNOWBLOOD- that I never would've watched otherwise.

(tried several times to watch ERASERHEAD recently and just. could. not.)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings