Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Unlikely Couples--Part 2

DownGoesFrazier

Susan Anton and Dudley Moore.  He was diminutive...she was statuesque.

GET-TV is showing The Merv Griffin show and Anton was a guest on that show around 30 times (yea, Merv had good taste!). 

I saw her on the show a few weeks back.    She always reminded me of Farrah Fawcett.   Did they use the same hair dresser? :)

I believe we recently had a thread about strange couples. How about this one-----and they were seeing each other for quite a while-----Wilt Chamberlain and Kim Novak.

Yeah, BUT ya gotta take into consideration here that according to Wilt, she was just "1/20,000ths" of all the women he ever "dated"! ;)

• Like 1

I'm sure this one was mentioned already: Marilyn Monroe and Arthur Miller...

Eddie Fisher and Elizabeth Taylor

Marilyn Monroe and Joe DiMaggio

Dudley Moore and Tuesday Weld

Roman Polanski and Sharon Tate

Gary Cooper and Clara Bow

Marlon Brando and Jill Banner (Virginia from Spider Baby)

Gary Merrill and Bette Davis (they were married exactly ten years)

Frank Sinatra and Mia Farrow

Irving Thalberg and Norma Shearer

William Asher and Elizabeth Montgomery

Aaron Spelling and Carolyn Jones

John Astin and Patty Duke

Sir Laurence Olivier and Vivien Leigh (they were also married for around ten years...they looked good together and on paper, but they fought a lot of the time due to Leigh's bi polar disorder, and she was often "hysterical" to the point of frustrating and sometimes angering Olivier, or maybe Olivier didn't have enough patience for her anymore... which I think is also true..."

I wasn't sure if I was to put married couples or just couples who dated for a while so I did both :) .

• Like 1

Frank Sinatra and Mia Farrow.

Good thing they didn't have a baby since we know what happened to Rosemary's baby.

Hmmmm...kind'a sounds as if you're suggesting that Ronan Farrow might the Anti-Christ here, eh James?!

(...'cause dude, IF Ronan ISN'T Ol' Blue Eyes' biological kid, I'll eat my Fedora!!!)

• Like 1

Hmmmm...kind'a sounds as if you're suggesting that Ronan Farrow might the Anti-Christ here, eh James?!

(...'cause dude, IF Ronan ISN'T Ol' Blue Eyes' biological kid, I'll eat my Fedora!!!)

They did have a kid?   I was just cracking wise since they were married such a short time I didn't think they had any children.  (not that it takes a long time to conceive a child). 

They did have a kid?   I was just cracking wise since they were married such a short time I didn't think they had any children.  (not that it takes a long time to conceive a child). 

Ronan Farrow is supposed to be Mia and Woody Allen's son, but after the nasty court battle, rumors surfaced that Mia and Frank had an affair during the period that Ronan was conceived, and is actually their child instead of Woody's. Ronan does look a lot like Frank.

rs_560x415-150402082046-1024.Ronan-Farro

• Like 3

Ronan Farrow is supposed to be Mia and Woody Allen's son, but after the nasty court battle, rumors surfaced that Mia and Frank had an affair during the period that Ronan was conceived, and is actually their child instead of Woody's. Ronan does look a lot like Frank.

rs_560x415-150402082046-1024.Ronan-Farro

..and there is that relatively obscure song from one of Frank's later albums, "Ronan With the Laughing Face".

I'm surprised Woody hasn't sued to require a DNA test (at least to determine if Woody is the father or NOT).

It NOT that would hurt Mia's creditability and might add legitimacy to his claims that she lied about things related to Woody and their other kids.

Many on Tisher's list I can absolutely "see"- especially on an intellectual level. There is little talent without intelligence fueling it.

The couples I have a tough time visualizing are those from very different genres-especially "believing" them for their "roles".

I've never understood Glen Ford & Eleanor Powell together or June Allyson & Dick Powell together.

Many on Tisher's list I can absolutely "see"- especially on an intellectual level. There is little talent without intelligence fueling it.

The couples I have a tough time visualizing are those from very different genres-especially "believing" them for their "roles".

I've never understood Glen Ford & Eleanor Powell together or June Allyson & Dick Powell together.

I could never understand June Allyson and ANYONE together.

As for Ford and Powell:  Well being a romantic I would hope it was love.

But being a cynic;  some relatively newcomer actors married more well established actresses who where older then them (Powell was 4 years older then Ford).   Was this done to promote his career?          

Well I'm going to remember them as 'they always had Paris' instead of 'he now has a big bank account'!

I grew up watching Bewitched and I knew who Gig Young was because he was in films & on tv in the early 60's but I never knew until I was well into adulthood that Gig was married to Elizabeth Montgomery. I thought that was weird.

Yeah, I just learned about Gig Young and Elizabeth Montgomery a few days ago. I also thought that coupling was "weird" as well.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings