Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Andrzej Wajda 1926-2016

skimpole

I saw Katyn (2007) in the large theatre at London's BFI .  It was packed.  A lot of Poles were in attendance as Wajda was supposed to be there to introduce the film but I think he cancelled due to illness.  It is a very powerful film.  Quite possibly his best.  At the end I noticed that many people were weeping uncontrollably.

• Like 1

This will encourage me to search out more of his films. Ashes and Diamonds is a sublimely great film. I often wonder what our perception of foreign directors would be if the films of Wajda (or Satyajit Ray, or many another director) had been as available to the English-speaking public as the films of Truffaut.

This will encourage me to search out more of his films. Ashes and Diamonds is a sublimely great film. I often wonder what our perception of foreign directors would be if the films of Wajda (or Satyajit Ray, or many another director) had been as available to the English-speaking public as the films of Truffaut.

From what I've seen, I like Wajda and Ray's work much more than Truffaut's.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings