Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

JAMES COBURN

Sepiatone

Been seeing a LOT of him lately.  Not complaining mind you, but it did strike me as strange(cue the Twilight Zone theme!)

Now, I've long thought Coburn's level of "cool" was up there with STEVE McQUEEN's, and Jim had been a long time favorite.  But he HAS shown up recently in many offerings on different channels lately...

Last night, I was watching some of the DECADES channel's "binge" of the old TV show THE MILLIONAIRE, and he showed up in an episode.

Earlier that day, I saw him in PAYBACK, the remake of POINT BLANK with Mel Gibson.

Over the last couple or so weeks I spotted Jim in episodes of--

THE TWILIGHT ZONE

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE

THE RIFLEMAN

WAGON TRAIN

THE REBEL

And on THE MOVIES channel's showing of HELL IS FOR HEROES.  and a week or so before that in yet another showing somewhere of THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN.

Oh, and on an episode of PERRY MASON.

Now, you might just chalk it up to coincidence, but STILL...... :wacko:

Sepiatone

I really don't get why you posted that link Lawrence.

It has nothing  to do with what I was prattling about.  I was just mentioning my seeing a lot of Coburn in a short time span on many different venues.  I wasn't attempting to start a thread about Coburn as an actor, or a discussion of his body of work.

Someone else might have noticed the same sort of thing concerning a DIFFERENT actor or actress.

Sepiatone

I really don't get why you posted that link Lawrence.

It has nothing  to do with what I was prattling about.  I was just mentioning my seeing a lot of Coburn in a short time span on many different venues.  I wasn't attempting to start a thread about Coburn as an actor, or a discussion of his body of work.

Someone else might have noticed the same sort of thing concerning a DIFFERENT actor or actress.

Sepiatone

Actually Sepia, while I thought your observation was interesting, I was glad Lawrence posted that link in your thread, as I hadn't run across it before and once I read his OP in that thread I thought it a well written summation of Coburn's career, and that the other opinions expressed about him were also interesting.

(...and if your point was mainly to call attention to how we sometimes notice a sudden trend in seeing a certain actor a lot on TV while watching old reruns and then hoping others might then chime in with some different actors they might have noticed a lot lately, perhaps a better thread title for your thread might have been something more like "Sure am seeing this actor on old TV reruns lately" instead of just the name of the actor you've found this to be true)

Sure Darg, that WOULD have been the better idea.

And Lawrence, I remember that thread you linked and had already said all I felt neccesary on IT, but thanks anyway.

Sepiatone

But I also found what you said nonsense.    You create a thread titled James Coburn.  Someone post a link that about James Coburn and you're confused about WHY they would do that?

Sorry buddy,  but I really don't understand what makes you tick these days.

As for Coburn:  I have already listed him as a middle of the pack type of actor,  but for some reason my wife doesn't like him.  She doesn't really say why.  All I know is that if I'm watching a film and she see him on the screen she will say 'I don't like him'.

Maybe it is because he looks like Dargo.   

...As for Coburn:  I have already listed him as a middle of the pack type of actor,  but for some reason my wife doesn't like him.  She doesn't really say why.  All I know is that if I'm watching a film and she see him on the screen she will say 'I don't like him'.

Maybe it is because he looks like Dargo.

LOL

WAIT! Saaaaay, what are you implyin' here, kid?!

Why, I've never even MET the lady!

(...she must've saw that pic o' me with Stefanie, huh)

;)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings