Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Old, B&W Movie About Shoe Company

jkl2000

I've been trying to remember the name of an old movie about an older man who owns a shoe company, who hires or allows a young guy to work for him. The young guy does a great job and ends up taking on more and more responsibility, I think eventually becoming the next owner of the company. At least I'm pretty sure it's a shoe company.

Any ideas? :)

Was it a comedy? Sounds similar to The Devil and Miss Jones, though the owner was of a dept store, but there were scenes involving trying on shoes. I dont think the young man took over the company though.

Yes, that's what I was thinking, too. MGM'S post-war comedy FAITHFUL IN MY FASHION was also set in a department store.

I've been trying to remember the name of an old movie about an older man who owns a shoe company, who hires or allows a young guy to work for him. The young guy does a great job and ends up taking on more and more responsibility, I think eventually becoming the next owner of the company. At least I'm pretty sure it's a shoe company.

Hmmmm...I dunno. Maybe, "KINKY BOOTS" ???

(...oh...wait...that's a newer one and in color, huh...sorry...never mind)

;)

sounds like Hobson's Choice too

Oh, I thought for SURE you folks would come through right away! But I admit this is sort of a hard one, for me, anyway.

It's not Hobson's Choice - that's just a shoe store, or a cobbler's shop. And it's not Kinky Boots, though I did think Kinky Boots might have stolen something from it (since it kept coming up in my searches).

Anyway, I still have faith, It was a factory that manufactured shoes, and it was old, B&W, and I think English (so not Kinky Boots).

Thanks, not trying to make it difficult.,,

I'm pretty sure it isn't Hobson's Choice, as that only deals with a shoe shop (or cobbler's shop). I used to have it on VHS, The movie I mean I only saw once, and it mostly took place in the office of the man who owned the factory. It wasn't in a shop like Hobson's Choice.

It was old and B&W, so not The Devil in Miss Jones!

• 2 weeks later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings