Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

No, TCM, you give Eddie Muller something better to do on your network than shill wine

LornaHansonForbes

Are you kidding me? A year-and-a-half after announcing that EDDIE MULLER was going to have a place on their Network, they've given the man nothing to do until now where he's stuck doing those stupid wine promos.

Believe it or not, I'm not looking to stir up a nest of snakes, but come on, your on air "Talent" needs an infusion.

Get that man introducing movies now.

• Like 9

Are you kidding me? A year-and-a-half after announcing that EDDIE MULLER was going to have a place on their Network, they've given the man nothing to do until now where he's stuck doing those stupid wine promos.

Believe it or not, I'm not looking to stir up a nest of snakes, but come on, your on air "Talent" needs an infusion.

Get that man introducing movies now.

Sure.  Maybe some day they'll have a whole night dedicated to movies about wine, vinters, vineyards or WINOS.

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Noirs and wine don't go together. Noirs and hard liquor DO.

Yes, I think of rotgut whiskey, not wine. Off the top of my head

I can see Waldo Lydecker as a wine bibber, but there aren't

too many others. And we know that wine bottles aren't

his weapon of choice. Dana Andrews was probably a beer and

a shot type.

• Like 3

Yes, I think of rotgut whiskey, not wine. Off the top of my head

I can see Waldo Lydecker as a wine bibber, but there aren't

too many others. And we know that wine bottles aren't

his weapon of choice. Dana Andrews was probably a beer and

a shot type.

LOL. Waldo wasnt a real man!

If the name was Eddie Barrymore or Eddie Bogart, he definitely would  :P

I see you understood my inside joke which was that TCM recently has been promoting women;  E.g. their Trailblazing women series (which is hosted by the granddaughter of a studio-era movie star which makes your point).  I'm a fan of this series and have no problem with it but Muller would need something more than just noir to get additional juicy gigs.      

I know it's somewhat off the topic, but many may not know that Madonna's 85yr old dad (Anthony Silvio Ciccone)

Has about (3) of his own vineyards under the name of "CICCONE VINEYARDS" & has his own website, he doesn't mention his legendary daughter at all on them though

She bought her beloved dad his first vineyard & all are in Michigan area

Just something to add about TCM's wine section. (NOTE: Why don't they include *"The Godfather-epics?" I think I know why, the network still doesn't have the rights to air those flix & after 22yrs?)

"CORLEONE WINE"

(CORRECTION: just now recalled they do have *Coppola included  OOPS)

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings