Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
bansi4

An underdog gets his due

We remember him as the 'squirt' in "The Day of the Locust", "The Bad News Bears", "Breaking Away" as Moochie, "Losin' It", etc.

He gave up acting in the 1990s to run a film/video production company in San Antonio, Texas.

Now back with a passion, actor Jackie Earle Haley is nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award as a child molester in the movie "Little Children".

He has already won some awards including the New York Film Critics Award. Perhaps an Oscar nomination is looming.

Married twice and has two children.

Go Jackie, Go!

Always liked him for some reason. Glad he's back. It is always sad when a career has ended as fast as it came.

Also in the 2006 Re-make of "All the Kings Men." as Sugar Boy. orginally played by Walter Burke.

He went from long hair (his trade mark) to being bald.

For a pic. try Here: http://imdb.com/name/nm0355097/

vallo

I loved that movie and man I would have not have known this was the same person .I liked the chemisty he had with Tatum O'Neal in Bad News Bear and he drove a mean bike in that movie too!

It's great to know that occasionally, there are second acts in American lives, despite the opinion of F.Scott Fitzgerald, Hollywood producers and an often easily distracted, sensation-seeking audience. Every review of Little Children has singled the scrappy Mr. Haley out for praise. Just might have to check this movie out at the theatre. I saw an interview with him recently in which he laughed about delivering pizzas just a few years ago to the industry insiders who used to employ him as a kid. I wish him well.

"I always' wonder who this guy was.Hopefuuly he will get an oscar nod. Is 'Little Children; out yet?

I'm afraid it's released and already gone from many theatres. It opened in October in San Francisco. I regret that I missed it, and hope that all the Oscar buzz will revive it at one of the local second-run theatres...

Congratulations to Jackie Earle Haley upon your best supporting actor Oscar nomination for " Little Children". You stuck around kid and it paid off.