Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hammer Horror Film Fans, Anyone?

Tisher Price

If you like Hammer Horror films, which are yr favourites? Since the age of 7 I became a Hammer Horror fan. That's when I first learned of Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing, my very first favourite actors. No one in my class at school had a clue what I was talking about when my childlike babble would recall the various movies I had seen. (When I was 7 they showed Hammer movies often past the midnight hour on Friday nights/Sat mornings on a certain station, when i'd sneak out of bed to watch them). I told my younger sister and cousins of Christopher Lee but being unfamiliar with the actor, they joked and called him "Christ-a-Furley"--we were all fans of Three's Company's "Mr. Furley." Then they stopped showing Hammer movies. Many years later as an adult I asked a boyfriend, studying to become a film director if he's ever heard of "these gothic/Victorian type films that were British and looked like they were from the 1960s. They started a guy named Christopher Lee, and a guy named Cushing?" He told me they were called "Hammer Movies." So the long and the short of it, i'm a huge fan. I own almost all the Hammer Horror films on DVD except for the ever elusive "The Reptile" and "Rasputin, the Mad Monk," along with "Twins of Evil" and I have yet to be four other Dracula movies starring Lee--"Satanic Rites of Dracula" "Dracula 1972 A.D." and 2 others. Here are my favourites:

​Horror of Dracula

​Dracula, Prince of Darkness

​The Curse of the Werewolf

​Paranoiac

​Die! Die! My Darling! (Tallulah Bankhead cracks me up)

​Frankenstein Created Woman

​Dracula Has Risen From The Grave

​The Curse of Frankenstein

Nightmare

​The Two Faces of Dr. Jekyll

​The Gorgon

​Plague of the Zombies

The Nanny

• Like 2

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings