Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question on a couple of old western TV show episodes

LsDoorMat

There are two episodes of old western TV whose episode names I am seeking. One is a Lone Ranger episode from the late 40's -early 50's with the original Lone Ranger. A man is shot presumed dead and taken to the undertaker. However he is not actually dead. The Lone Ranger goes into the morgue, realizes that the man is not dead yet, but he cannot say who shot him before he actually dies. The Lone Ranger lies and says the man did live long enough to say who killed him to trick the murderer into action. What is the name of the episode?

The other episode is one of Gunsmoke. It was one of the early ones when Chester was still a character. Chester tries to build a house in some unusual way...could it have been out of the side of a hill? And the idea doesn't work out with comic results. I remember seeing this one,  and I was born in 1958, so this could have either been a first run Gunsmoke when I was very little or a rerun of one made before I was old enough to remember. Does anybody knows the name of this episode or what season that it ran?

If I've already asked this question before, please do not tell me "I've answered that before". Humor an old woman and just tell me again. Thanks ahead of time for any help.

Thanks  MovieCollectorOH,  the Lone Ranger one is a toughy. I doubt I'll get an answer for that one.

Not that it isn't out there, but you might literally have to watch the episodes or borrow them from the library just to answer your question.  I watched a few episodes from the first season, which is public domain/free.  They were a bit more enjoyable than I remembered.  As far as TV Westerns go, I used to watch Bonanza the most.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings