Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

An Alternate Take On The First Meeting Between Reynols And Ritter

Palmerin

Ritter is unwilling to take on Reynolds as her traveling companion, and declares: what I need is a man--any man!

Whereupon DB takes hold of TR's waist, drawing her close, starts caressing her face, and purrs into her ear with a very sultry voice: are you sure you really need a man?

Ritter is unwilling to take on Reynolds as her traveling companion, and declares: what I need is a man--any man!

Whereupon DB takes hold of TR's waist, drawing her close, starts caressing her face, and purrs into her ear with a very sultry voice: are you sure you really need a man?

Yeah, I can see where some might make some thing out of that line, like many tried with CHARLTON HESTON's line "In every way" in BEN HUR  after STEPHAN BOYD's Massala said something about being "Friends forever."

Sepiatone

Well, you have to remember here Palmerin, that the now famous phrase "A woman needs a man, like a fish needs a bicycle" hadn't yet been coined by the 1850s!

;)

• Like 1

Interesting take on the scene in "How The West Was Won" (1963), where Thelma Ritter plays a widow(?) going West and Debbie Reynolds tries to join her.  A look forward to "The Unsinkable Molly Brown" (1964)--Reynolds plays two independent women in both films.

huh?

Interesting take on the scene in "How The West Was Won" (1963), where Thelma Ritter plays a widow(?) going West and Debbie Reynolds tries to join her.  A look forward to "The Unsinkable Molly Brown" (1964)--Reynolds plays two independent women in both films.

Uh, it reads like you meant she played DUAL ROLES in both movies!  ;)

Sepiatone

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings