Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
PrincessLongtail

TCM Programming

My opinion was, "I've yet to see otterhere and sweetbabykmd come up with one bit of research they have done. Seems they like to lay back and let others do everything."

Prove me wrong. Show me one bit of research you have done to back up your belief that TCM shows more recent films in the months that are not Oscar months.

I don't feel the need to do any research so won't be wasting my time with that, and I found the part where you said we just "lay back and let others do it" the rude part, especially when I have never asked anyone to do any research.

Alright, since research isn't your thing, I will ask something easier of you, all this will require is using your memory: When have you ever contributed one positive thing to these boards?

Something positive? Do you mean something along the lines of when you attempted to shut down the Hedy Lamarr thread...thus starting that huge fiasco? I haven't done anything that remotely compares to that.

I never tried to shut down the Lamarr thread. All I ever did was post one opinion that it was getting to be very much a wild party time in that thread. TooManyNotes, the troll, then proceeded to go nuclear and destroy everything and he is responsible for the damage that occured. And that troll is still with us today under various names.

> See this thread started by JonParker - who I

> truly value around here - about the film Babes In

> Arms.

>

> http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?threadID=78

> 113&start=45#7783228

AHAHAHA! That was the first thing I posted here. And yes, I was wrong and I admitted it. It isn't hard to do. I still want to punch Mickey Rooney in the face though.

> And from my experience, friends are much more

> valuable than enemies.

Amen to that.

Sigh... (And that's my first one, but .... the good Lord knows.... )

Give it up, folks, please, and just agree to disagree without coming back at each other. Do you realize just how much it tears up some of us to see this stuff going on? Well, it does.

The rest of us say what we think; we find information for folk; we don't EVER express any opinion over someone's lack of intelligence OR their right to express their opinions. We DO offer (as gently as possible) advice to people who are making their first posts, when they do things like post their e-mail addresses or give their mailing addresses -- and we tell them how to correct it, not ever assuming they knew how to do something just because they found their way to the board.

It's maddening when someone types 40 lines without a single upper-case letter starting a sentence (and yet, they know how, because they did capitalize a proper name) - and no paragraphs - but..... we can read it or decide it's too hard to. Some people appear to be very young; older people appear to be posting about movies they know/knew nothing about till this moment, which means they say things that "everybody" knows already - but THEY didn't, so cut some slack.....

As I said one other place, the hardest thing of all is NOT to say anything when someone is bugging you. I've waited it out for weeks/months, and now I've finally snapped. But I haven't called anyone anything; I really don't need to. The posters have done so at length, already - and have never accomplished a thing by doing so - not even feeling better about themselves, obviously, because they come right back to it. And it's only a handful of the same people, over and over, no matter which threads they go to.

Again, give it a rest, folks, PLEASE.

Bill

JonParker wrote -

"AHAHAHA! That was the first thing I posted here."

I didn't remember that detail about your (our) first interaction around here. I just remember spending hours writing my reply to get it just right before posting it. Happily you were understanding of my point of view and accepting of it as a valid opinion. Too bad that doesn't happen around here more often between certain others.

I am so glad you are still around here. Your presence reassures me when I start to question my sanity. How else to get through the occasional craziness that breaks out than wonder if you aren't crazy to be here too.

And an early "Happy Anniversary" to you! Your "One Year" registration anniverary is this Sunday. After 730 posts, you can't say it hasn't been fun. Or can you?

Kyle In Hollywood

ps - I will definitely be a character witness on your behalf if and when Mr. Rooney files assault charges.

kjk

Bill McCrary wrote -

"Sigh... (And that's my first one, but .... the good Lord knows.... )"

I knew you had it in you and it was just a matter of time for it to finally come out. I hope that was as relief-giving to you as it has been for me when I finally let it out.

I have always noticed how helpful you are to strangers who come in for a "drive-by" question. Though I often try to guide people to their answer, I am a piker in relation to your helpful nature. Mother Teresa would be a piker too in relation to your actions.

I am so pleased that you have stuck it out around here and hope you will continue to being the saintly "Bill McCrary" that is so valuable to these Forums. If it become neccesary to again, please do. I think it is a very theraputic gesture that others should use also.

If, by chance, the Good Lord doesn't already know, I will definitely make sure St. Peter knows if given the opportunity so you can assume your rightful place in the hereafter.

Kyle In Hollywood

I wanted to tape "More Than a Miracle" aka "C'era una volta" on Easter Sunday night (after watching the trailer); but on TV, they mistakenly showed a title from a different movie, and I thought it WAS a different movie; so I change the channel, and after a few seconds "More than a Miracle" was on and I missed it; so I want that film back on!

> {quote:title=bradtexasranger wrote:}{quote}

>

> I don't know that I totally agree with that. I think most of us do, but there are 1 or 2 posters on here who have made it their mission to come on here and make snide remarks about TCM any and every chance they get.

It's not just here on the TCM boards, I frequent other forums, both movie and non-movie related, and you'll find people like that on all of them. Usually, their main interest is to cause trouble and get folks fighting among themselves. The best thing to do is just ignore them. Overall, I think that this board has a very good mix of people, better then on most.