Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Horror Cinema's Scariest Children!

rayban

I created a post about scary kids in the ClassiCategories thread today. You can find it in the Games & Trivia forum. We'll see what examples people mention.

Screen%2Bshot%2B2016-10-27%2Bat%2B6.01.1

Oh,  who is that cute little girl in ponytails?      Look she has a set of matches.    Nothing to worry about since such a nice girl must only have matches so she can help build a fire to keep her mommy warm.

I love those hairstyles. How classic.

Have you seen Martin Stephens in an MGM romantic comedy with Deborah Kerr, "Count Your Blessings"?

He plays her very distinctive son.

Maybe from the experience, Kerr recommended Stephens for "The Innocents".

He is so unforgettable as Miles in "The Innocents".

Have you seen Martin Stephens in an MGM romantic comedy with Deborah Kerr, "Count Your Blessings"?

He plays her very distinctive son.

Maybe from the experience, Kerr recommended Stephens for "The Innocents".

He is so unforgettable as Miles in "The Innocents".

I don't remember him from COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS, but it's been awhile since I've seen it.

These hairstyles make them look like little rock stars-- miniature Beatles. LOL

It's been awhile since I've watched it-- was it ever explained why Rhoda behaves as she does? Or was the main idea that her evil was biological?

Well, they tried to make a case for the fact that her evil was "biological" - inherited from her criminal mother, Rhoda has been adopted - but the case wasn't really made that strongly. 

Well, they tried to make a case for the fact that her evil was "biological" - inherited from her criminal mother, Rhoda has been adopted - but the case wasn't really made that strongly. 

Thanks for explaining. Obviously, they didn't focus much on Rhoda's past, and the birth mother was not a character who appears in the movie, even in a flashback. That's where they could have been less stagey and had visuals that filled in some of the gaps about Rhoda's backstory, showing what makes her tick, etc. Plus they could have let us see some of Rhoda's earlier crimes in brief flashbacks to provide a better idea of how long this has all been going on.

They didn't open this story up and flesh it out like they could have. It's basically a filmed play that doesn't take full advantage of the cinematic possibilities.

Thanks for explaining. Obviously, they didn't focus much on Rhoda's past, and the birth mother was not a character who appears in the movie, even in a flashback. That's where they could have been less stagey and had visuals that filled in some of the gaps about Rhoda's backstory, showing what makes her tick, etc. Plus they could have let us see some of Rhoda's earlier crimes in brief flashbacks to provide a better idea of how long this has all been going on.

They didn't open this story up and flesh it out like they could have. It's basically a filmed play that doesn't take full advantage of the cinematic possibilities.

Jarrod -

Yes, "The Bad Seed" is definitely a filmed play.

Archived