Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

does actors life style affect your viewing of their movie

bggalaxy

On 11/12/2021 at 3:28 PM, AndreaDoria said:

I think Vivien Leigh was bipolar, not schizophrenic, but yes, I agree it makes some of her performances even more heartbreaking.

I don't care about their politics, sexual orientation, or minor scandals. Even less about who had an affair with what other person.

I draw the line at people who hurt children so Woody Allen and Kevin Spacey don't get any of my money.  I think we have sort a moral obligation to send a message that we won't tolerate that.  If we don't, we're telling the victims that they don't matter as much as someone's "art."

Definitely bi-polar.

Ann Edwards, her biographer, offered the additional schizophrenia info.

"Vivien Leigh – actress who played the impetuous Scarlett O’Hara in the film, Gone With the Wind, suffered from a mental illness resembling schizophrenia, according to biographer Ann Edwards."

• Like 1

On 11/14/2021 at 2:17 PM, speedracer5 said:

"John Wayne was racist, he said [such and such] in 1975."

I have always been surrounded by liberal political opinions which I tend to concur with.  So, I have been defending JOHN WAYNE for about 40 years...!   Don't care for or about  his politics, I love watching his movies! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've said it many times before.  If I let any actor's or musician's personal lifestyle or political views and leanings on racial matters influence my choices, I'd have to trash much of my movie and CD collection.  (and much of the old vinyl and 78 rpm  collection too.)  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

I've said it many times before.  If I let any actor's or musician's personal lifestyle or political views and leanings on racial matters influence my choices, I'd have to trash much of my movie and CD collection.  (and much of the old vinyl and 78 rpm  collection too.)  ;) 

Sepiatone

In all honesty, if I let any actor or musician's views or lifestyle influence my decision to watch/listen to their work, there'd be nothing left to watch or listen to! Everyone has skeletons in their closet.  Even "goody two shoes" America's Sweetheart June Allyson was rumored to be cheating on husband Dick Powell with Alan Ladd.   My favorite band ever is The Doors.  I've been trying to collect all their LPs.  God knows what Jim Morrison probably did during his lifetime, but I can't help it, I love him. 

Robert Mitchum was smart.  When he was busted for pot, he made no apologies and actually said he liked jail--because it was a reprieve from his Hollywood lifestyle full of busy bodies. There was no PR-crafted apology, nothing.  Mitchum actually became a bigger star after the arrest! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

Robert Mitchum was smart. 

That's the difference between someone who is ashamed of their behaviour and someone who has made a lifestyle choice they believe in. 

For many Hollywood stars that have had cheated on their spouse,  caught with drugs, had homosexual encounters, etc - were most likely more worried about harming their career & public image rather than being personally embarrassed by their actions. These are the type of "skeletons in the closet" everyone has.

But those celebrities caught molesting children or plotting murder try not discussing it openly more from fear of legal charges brought against them. Well THOSE people no, I can't stomach watching them in movies.

Woody Allen made a wise decision to stop acting in his own films, but I still won't support his movies.