Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ClassicQueen

Forbidden Hollywood

I own the box set (which I am in LOVE with!) and other owners may notice the set is called "Forbidden Hollywood Volume I"

What movies would you like to see on Volume II?

If I had to pick six for a well rounded set:

Night Nurse

The Story of Temple Drake

Mary Stevens MD

Men in White

A Free Soul

Frisco Jenny

I have not seen those movies that you just listed but would sure like to. I did buy the "Forbidden" set and enjoyed it!

Shonna

(A&E's "Family Plots")

I would like to see BAD COMPANY (1931), BLESSED EVENT (1932), HALF NAKED TRUTH (1932), PROFESSIONAL SWEETHEART (1933), THE LITTLE GIANT (1933), DOWNSTAIRS (1932), LOVE IS A RACKET (1932), THE FAMOUS FERGUSON CASE (1932). Any of those would be nice.

Professional Sweetheart is airing on TCM in April.

My list of precode films for a Forbidden Hollywood dvd:

Downstairs

Story of Temple Drake

Call Her Savage or Hoopla

Blood Money

Night World

Broadway Bad

Stage Mother

Plus numerous others

Well we know that Norma Shearer will be the subject for Volume 2, so:

-The Divorcee

-A Free Soul

-Strangers May Kiss

-Riptide

-Female

-Three On A Match

Volume 3:

-Skyscraper Souls

-Blessed Event

-Employee's Entrance

-Strange Love of Molly Louvain

-Big Business Girl

-Havana Windows

Volume 4:

-Ladies They Talk About

-Night Nurse

-Broadway Bad

-Midnight Mary

-Beauty and the Boss

-They Call it Sin

Volume 5:

-Story of Temple Drake

-Mary Stevens MD

-Paid

-Lilly Turner

-Frisco Jenny

-I've Got Your Number

Just wish they could come up with some extra features. Many people were disappointed with the first volume of the DVD set because it didn't have any extras.

Well they said there will a documentary in the next set, but even that doesn't seem like enough. I'm sure we'll also get trailers and intros from Robert Osborne, but I think the lack of extras is why we'll be getting 6 films from now on.

Maybe the first set was kind of a trial balloon... and yeah, RO should definitely record some nice new intros!!! :D

Some interesting titles below. I have a few of them. I just picked up one interesting title SCANDAL FOR SALE, a 1932 Universal with Charles Bickford. Too bad the Universal pre-code films are not available. Films like NIGHT WORLD and UP FOR MURDER are great viewing and would benefit greatly from studio releases.

I agree with that. I doubt that these films will see the light of day anytime in the near future. Shearerchic04, I left a message in your inbox.

wondering if anyone has copies of covers, lobby cards or posters for the follow pre-coders;

the devil's in love

scandal sheet

ladies of the big house

madame racketeer

thanx in advance for any help...

M

I apologize. I got confused with Madame Satan - which is one of the craziest movies I have ever seen. Has Madame Racketeer ever been shown on TCM? Again I am sorry for the mix-up.

"Madame Racketeer" is a Paramount film owned by Universal and has never been show on TCM.

the missing opening dance - this has been cut down by 2/3rd's at least, and at the end of the dance, Garbo appears back to the screen, Uncovered so to speak, another chop up is the love scene with Garbo and Navarro after she closes her drapes in the first encounter they have, it seems she comes out (there is a picture on the back of the DVD cover of this scene that is not in the DVD release) in a see-thru negligee and what ensues is a torrid love scene and another scene cut out is the scene again with Navarro after he puts out the votive candle, I understand that he picks her up and carries Mata to his bedroom, etc,,,,,,I am sure the movie really sizzles in the first, uncut, unchopped, uncensored version!

>I like the party on the dirigible too! It is so over-the-top!

The whole movie's over-the-top - I love it!