Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
genius

Either My DVR Screwed Up Or TCM Did....

I set up for last week's day of "Ealing" pictures and when I finally got a chance to look at them today there were several of the pictures that bled through the schedule..

Anybody else have that problem?

I don't know what you mean by bled but English without Tears had a lot of Freeze Frames I don't know if we can blame either one. I search the boards quite often and someone wIll have problems with a movie but someone else will say there was no problem TCM says it's the cable or Dish provider fault, when these things happen and as I said your question has been asked before with different movies but someone will have a problem and someone will reply that they didn't have one so it might farther down the line than TCM.

I set up for last week's day of "Ealing" pictures and when I finally got a chance to look at them today there were several of the pictures that bled through the schedule..

Anybody else have that problem?

Now, that was an interesting way of saying they didn't start and end at the listed times (for anyone else who didn't understand "bled"). There was a string of posts on it last week. In short, the copies that were provided to TCM of one (in particular; I forget exactly which now) ran nearly a half-hour longer in its original British version that the American one whose time was shown. Thus, the next movie was a half-hour late starting, the next 15 minutes, then back to scheduled times.

I didn't check it myself, but I think someone said the online schedule (for the day) was correct. If you had your machine set up to start and stop (which is logical, of course), that's too bad. I would have been lost this time without my hard-drive machine, so that I could just edit later. It's the way to go. There have been a LOT of schedule problems the past couple of weeks, having to drop some of the Columbia movies (remember, they just started with their arrangement with Columbia) and add others - plus, some of the provided material is simply not the stated length. Stuff happens.

Bill

I think the culprit was A Canterbury Tale this past Wednesday. It bumped the entire schedule a full half hour longer than originally planned.

Kyle In Hollywood

Yes, I noticed the discrepancy last week between the local newspaper, TCM's Now Playing Guide, and TCM's online schedule. I think TCM's ONLINE SCHEDULE is the most accurate and I always check it before I record anything.