Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Decades Channel Out on Charter

Janet0312

Anybody out there experiencing the outage of Decades Channel on Charter Cable? I have been waiting to see Thriller all month and the channel is just a black screen. I called Charter. After the woman had me reboot the system and blah, blah, blah, she said the technicians are working on it. Yeah, pull the other one, girlie. It's got bells on.

Well it would matter if others shared the OP's concern about missing programming on Decades. I haven't seen very many people post about Decades on this message board...unless they have and I just missed those posts.

I've seen several people post about that channel, and even a thread or two has been started because of it. They run marathons of a different classic show each weekend, and there are often comments made about them. Someone started a popular thread in the General Discussions after they aired an Alfred Hitchcock marathon. Tarzan, The Millionaire, Peter Gunn and a few others have been mentioned as well.

• Like 3

I've seen several people post about that channel, and even a thread or two has been started because of it. They run marathons of a different classic show each weekend, and there are often comments made about them. Someone started a popular thread in the General Discussions after they aired an Alfred Hitchcock marathon. Tarzan, The Millionaire, Peter Gunn and a few others have been mentioned as well.

I did see some of those threads, especially the Hitchcock one but I did not realize they were started because of Decades programming. That's fine. Usually I see threads related to Decades on the IMDb boards.

But in this case, the OP was really talking about a cable-related issue that probably affected many channels.

I only caught one episode of Thriller during the Decades marathon, entitled "Prisoner in the Mirror," and it  was very creepy. I remember the show from way back, but never watched it. I wasn't sure why I never watched it, until I checked, and discovered it was on from 9-10, then 10-11 on school nights. Next weekend is "Dark Shadows," which is always good for laughs,

• Like 1

I posted here because there are folks here that tune into Decades and also because there are many folks here who are most knowledgeable about such matters.

Perhaps the following link will be informative, even though television transmission has been restored in the Massachusetts viewing area. Some of the comments in the comments section might be useful for future reference. Apparently the same transmitter that affected Decades in Massachusetts also affected WGBX out of New Hampshire.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/10/22/transmission-issue-causes-outage-for-some-wbz-tv-viewers/

Perhaps the following link will be informative, even though television transmission has been restored in the Massachusetts viewing area. Some of the comments in the comments section might be useful for future reference. Apparently the same transmitter that affected Decades in Massachusetts also affected WGBX out of New Hampshire.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/10/22/transmission-issue-causes-outage-for-some-wbz-tv-viewers/

Thank you!

I only caught one episode of Thriller during the Decades marathon, entitled "Prisoner in the Mirror," and it  was very creepy. I remember the show from way back, but never watched it. I wasn't sure why I never watched it, until I checked, and discovered it was on from 9-10, then 10-11 on school nights. Next weekend is "Dark Shadows," which is always good for laughs,

I had never heard of the show. When I saw the title "Thriller", I expected to see MJ.

I had never heard of the show. When I saw the title "Thriller", I expected to see MJ.

I also don't recall ever seeing the show or hearing about it.   I watch around 5 - 6 episodes and while most were good the show didn't come close to the type of suspense one found in The Twilight Zone.  

I also don't recall ever seeing the show or hearing about it.   I watch around 5 - 6 episodes and while most were good the show didn't come close to the type of suspense one found in The Twilight Zone.  

Among fans of the supernatural and SF genres, there were 3 major TV anthologies: The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, and Thriller. There were shows before those, and shows after them, but these three held the most influence and were the most memorable. Thriller was a special case in that for many years it was withheld from syndicated reruns, and not released on DVD until 2010. As it was the hardest of the 3 major shows to see, its reputation became a bit inflated. Memory is often generous that way. Now that the show is out on disc, and seen on a few channels, its status is maybe slightly diminished. But many people, especially those of the right age, will fondly recall the show, and the handful of stand-out episodes.

• Like 1

The Outer Limits was one of my favorites, along with TZ, and The Invaders (a Quinn Martin Production).  Watching the episodes again some years ago, I found not many of them any good (and a lot really awful).  But the good ones were really good.  I suppose the best was the one written by Harlan Ellison, and starring Robert Culp.  Now, what was that title. . . .?

The Outer Limits was one of my favorites, along with TZ, and The Invaders (a Quinn Martin Production).  Watching the episodes again some years ago, I found not many of them any good (and a lot really awful).  But the good ones were really good.  I suppose the best was the one written by Harlan Ellison, and starring Robert Culp.  Now, what was that title. . . .?

"The Outer Limits" (1963) {Demon with a Glass Hand (#2.5)}

Edit: Here is the internet link for that episode:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0667812/

Among fans of the supernatural and SF genres, there were 3 major TV anthologies: The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, and Thriller. There were shows before those, and shows after them, but these three held the most influence and were the most memorable. Thriller was a special case in that for many years it was withheld from syndicated reruns, and not released on DVD until 2010. As it was the hardest of the 3 major shows to see, its reputation became a bit inflated. Memory is often generous that way. Now that the show is out on disc, and seen on a few channels, its status is maybe slightly diminished. But many people, especially those of the right age, will fondly recall the show, and the handful of stand-out episodes.

Thanks for explaining the reason why I was unaware of Thriller.    Even when some of the plots are kind or corny or weak,  it is always nice to see classic movie stars in these type of T.V. shows.    E.g.   Mary Astor was featured in one of the Thriller episodes I saw on Decades.     In addition this one had a really neat plot and didn't feature any 'voodoo'  (it was a realistic crime drama,  which I prefer more than supernatural storylines).

Oh, man! I have a nightmarish memory of a certain episode where some woman is trying to suck up a dust ball with her vacuum and the dust ball turns into some sort of alien thing. I wish that show was on some channel.

Oh, man! I have a nightmarish memory of a certain episode where some woman is trying to suck up a dust ball with her vacuum and the dust ball turns into some sort of alien thing. I wish that show was on some channel.

The Outer Limits was being shown frequently on the THIS channel, another of those oldies channels like MeTV or Decades.

"The Outer Limits" (1963) {It Crawled Out of the Woodwork (#1.11)}

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0667817/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Decades is featuring Honey West with Anne Francis and John Ericson.

While the series only lasted one year it is classic crime \ detective show done in a fun \ 60s style.

Written by my friend Gloria and her husband Forrest E. “Skip” Fickling.    Gloria is still doing well living in Laguna Beach CA.

One can Google "Forrest Flicking on You Bet Your Life" to see them with Groucho.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings