Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
vallo13

Bubba Ho-Tep

I watched Saturday Night on IFC 2002's "Bubba Ho-Tep" Starring Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead) as Elvis Presley and Ossie Davis (who Thinks he's John F. Kennedy)

Plot Outline: Elvis and JFK, both alive and in nursing homes, fight for the souls of their fellow residents as they battle an ancient Egyptian Mummy.

Directed by Don Coscarelli (of Phantasm Films)

Great fun and food for thought of our elderly who, are placed in a homes and leave them to their own devices. Comedy/Drama/ Horror...

Great Fun Great "B" film

Anyone else see this film? I Recommend it..

vallo

I really like this movie! I am a fan of Bruce Campbell and I think he did a great job in this film. It's a fun "B" movie.

Ditto all below comments. It is a fun, if a bit unusual film. Bruce Campbell seems to have a great time in everything he's in and it's infectious (catch him on the old Hercules TV show, he's hilarious and unscrupulous!).

Wow. Saw this movie at the Tower Theatre in Sacramento when it was newly released. Absolutely loved it. Great, great fun.

My poor old brain had totally lost all memory of it, though. Now that you?ve reminded me, it?s going well up on the list of movies to add to my film library.

Thanks!

GeezerNoir, I just ordered it from this site:http://www.moviesunlimited.com/musite/product.asp?sku=D85126

can't wait to get it....

vallo

Thanks for the link. I'm sure that my brother and his wife have never seen this one. Seems like a family movie night is in order.

Best regards,

The Geezer

Son of a gun. Just checked out the IMDB site: and Bubba Nosferatu and the Curse of the She-Vampires is indeed listed as being in pre-production for release next year. Here is the plot summary lifted directly from IMDB:

"This prequel to Bubba Ho-Tep finds Elvis shooting a film in Louisiana when he runs afoul of a coven of she-vampires.?

The message board for this movie on the IMDB site is very interesting. Sounds like the odds of this film ever being released at all are about 50-50. However, if they show it, I will come.

Thanks!

This film is a great example of what lacks so heavily in mainstream hollywood films...imagination!