Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Reese Witherspoon- Would You Call her the new IT GIRL???

msladysoul

Reese Witherspoon is getting a lot of attention. Critics went so far as to call her the It Girl. She does a lot of classic qualities. Watching her I see a Constance Bennett, Norma Shearer, Ann Sothern, Ginger Rogers, Joan Crawford, Myrna Loy, Olivia de Havilland type. She's the sophisticaed, classy funny type. But I wouldn't call her the It Girl, that name belongs only to Clara Bow. She doesn't have Clara Bow sex appeal and spunkiness. What do you all think of her?

I like Reese Witherspoon a lot, and I think she has a gift for comedy. And of course, I also think that she is incredibly beautiful. She reminds me of Carole Lombard more then anyone else, but I don't think she is the "IT" girl. Whenever I hear that term I immediately think of Clara Bow, and nobody else can ever take that title away from her. And who cares that some critic called her that - I bet that the **** critic who wrote it has never even heard of Clara Bow! But Reese is definitely a gem - and I like the fact that she publicly acknowledged Hepburn's death at a red carpet event - it shows that she has respect for the great people that came before her in the business - which is something that most of today's stars could care less about.