Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NipkowDisc

The Triumph of Donald Trump

Michael Moore on Fox explains all ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQs1mRDuB4k

Moore overestimated his target audience. He didn't know what Assange knows, namely, that Trump supporters are "white trash" and one cannot "deal with them." That exhilarating pep talk was a little too much for them, they can't get let go of it. They love it so much that they don't care that it was a set up for don't vote for Trump. They LIKE it out of context. Moore's creative method was meant for higher minds. It backfired, Michael.

But Michael is in full damage control and making the rounds on corporate media saying things like Hillary Clinton is a "wonderful" woman and seems to believe that Hillary is gonna hit a home run with families, jobs, and the rest of what had previously been known as mere lip service.

Mike is too astute and knowledgeable to elicit all the warm and fuzzy fawning for someone like her. I mean he can still voice Hillary > Trump, but does he have to kiss her **** so much. Is he on the take?

Mike is too astute and knowledgeable to elicit all the warm and fuzzy fawning for someone like her. I mean he can still voice Hillary > Trump, but does he have to kiss her **** so much. Is he on the take?

I would argue that he is being sensible.  You either get Trump and all those Republican policies or you get Clinton with the Democratic policies.  Between the two, any leftie should choose the democratic party.  Trump wants to rip everything up, give tax breaks to billionaires, encourage racism, more guns, no environmental controls, you name it.

Moore overestimated his target audience. He didn't know what Assange knows, namely, that Trump supporters are "white trash" and one cannot "deal with them." That exhilarating pep talk was a little too much for them, they can't get let go of it. They love it so much that they don't care that it was a set up for don't vote for Trump. They LIKE it out of context. Moore's creative method was meant for higher minds. It backfired, Michael.

But Michael is in full damage control and making the rounds on corporate media saying things like Hillary Clinton is a "wonderful" woman and seems to believe that Hillary is gonna hit a home run with families, jobs, and the rest of what had previously been known as mere lip service.

if hillary wins and sticks it even more to the working class union blue collar worker, moore better keep a very low profile from those people who were once his bread and butter.

if donny can win both florida and north carolina and pick up one of them western blue wall states, he's got the transporter coordinates for the white house. :)

makes one's heart gladdened to see such stalwart defenders of the imperial galactic realm amid such uplifting music. :)

If Trump is elected, Congress will restrict his power so much that he''ll be a mere figurehead.

If Trump is elected, Congress will restrict his power so much that he''ll be a mere figurehead.

He may nuke Congress.

• Like 1

Not really.  They may try some restrictions, but remember his base is their base.  Also, if they do not support Trump, they will primaried in 2018.  Remember how many Republicans opposed him and resisted him, but finally caved.

I read where one guranteed to be reelected Republican House member is hoping some of the moderate Republicans lose their seats.  Then he and his Freedom Caucus, Tea Party, etc. associates would have more influence.

Look how hard the Republicans have tried to make Obama a figurehead.

Of course, once elected Trump may just decide to appoint his cabinet and judges based on who Republicans want and then "retire" to one of his many properties.  Being president is hard work.

FBI Director Comey says all the new emails have been reviewed and no change to conclusion reached in July.  NO CHARGES!

Basically nothing new on emails to or from Clinton.

FBI Director Comey says all the new emails have been reviewed and no change to conclusion reached in July.  NO CHARGES!

Basically nothing new on emails to or from Clinton.

Better late than never but the damage has been done to the Democrats in this election by Comey's first surprise letter of nine days ago. Trump has received a huge boost from this FBI interference in the election, as reflected in the polls.

Two days to go to the election is simply not enough time for many voters to hear this new development, let alone digest it and see how it may or may not alter their vote. Let alone all those voters who voted for Trump in the last nine days because of Comey's initial surprise announcement.

Comey's interference in this election is history making. Even if Trump doesn't make it to the Oval Office, the impact on the lower ticket from the first Comey October surprise letter undoubtedly benefits the Republicans.

No matter what the results are Tuesday, the Democrats have good reason to have feelings beyond fury towards the FBI director.

• Like 2

Better late than never but the damage has been done to the Democrats in this election by Comey's first surprise letter of nine days ago. Trump has received a huge boost from this FBI interference in the election, as reflected in the polls.

Two days to go to the election is simply not enough time for many voters to hear this new development, let alone digest it and see how it affects their vote. Comey's interference in this election is history making. Even if Trump doesn't make it to the Oval Office, the impact on the lower ticket from the first Comey October surprise letter undoubtedly benefits the Republicans.

No matter what the results are Tuesday, the Democrats have good reason to have feelings beyond fury towards the FBI director.

And the agents who leaked the information before determining that it meant something.

• Like 1

I don't think all of Trump supporters are white trash. They just seem to be the ones that they always show at the rallies and they sit behind him. The media likes to show them because they look so stupid and say funny things on camera.

But there are plenty of middle-class white people who are racist, who probably don't want to appear on camera. They will be voting for Donald Trump because he has given them permission to be racist.

• Like 3

The good thing about being the FBI Director is that no matter

how compromised you are, you can never be as bad as the

utterly corrupt and dishonest first one, J. Edgar Hoover.

I don't think all of Trump supporters are white trash. They just seem to be the ones that they always show at the rallies and they sit behind him. The media likes to show them because they look so stupid and say funny things on camera.

But there are plenty of middle-class white people who are racist, who probably don't want to appear on camera. They will be voting for Donald Trump because he has given them permission to be racist.

... and not so much racist but more along the lines of "heck, I am Caucasian, Christian, heterosexual and born in one of the 49 states (Hawaii doesn't count) so I don't care what he and Mike Pence do as long as they are not Hillary".

• Like 1

The good thing about being the FBI Director is that no matter

how compromised you are, you can never be as bad as the

utterly corrupt and dishonest first one, J. Edgar Hoover.

When J. Edgar had one saving grace: he was a drag queen.

I don't either. Assange was speaking generally within a certain context and he knows as well as most of us that such a thing could not be literally true. Common sense. 

I used the quote in the narrow context that Moore might have overestimated his audience for Trumpland.

I would not characterize any of our few Trump supporters here as white trash.

I wouldn't either, in so far as most "white trash" people that I've known through the years wouldn't be hanging out on an internet message board, especially one dedicated to old movies, not as long as there's beer to drink and stop signs to shoot at.

It's the old racist/Republican joke (?), that not all Trump supporters are "white trash", but if you're "white trash", you're probably voting for Trump. But again, any "white trash" worth the name wouldn't vote at all anyway, "cuz that puts you on a gub-mint list."

• Like 1

I wouldn't either, in so far as most "white trash" people that I've known through the years wouldn't be hanging out on an internet message board, especially one dedicated to old movies, not as long as there's beer to drink and stop signs to shoot at.

It's the old racist/Republican joke (?), that not all Trump supporters are "white trash", but if you're "white trash", you're probably voting for Trump. But again, any "white trash" worth the name wouldn't vote at all anyway, "cuz that puts you on a gub-mint list."

1. True

2. Until now. Trump has given them a voice.

Don't forget, though, that one of them declared that he is very proud of the fact that he's white.

• Like 2

When J. Edgar had one saving grace: he was a drag queen.

As much pleasure as it would give me to picture fake

tough guy Hoover in a frilly little number, I don't think

there is much evidence to back up the rumor that

J. Edgar wore women's clothes, but it was a heck of

an idea for a rumor.

an idea for a rumor.

I think Ethel Merman, who was a friend of his, gave some credence to the story. In any case, this is an interesting take on the situation:

"He [Hoover] was wearing a fluffy black dress, very fluffy, with flounces and lace stockings and high heels, and a black curly wig," Summers quoted Susan as saying. "He had makeup on and false eyelashes." Susan claimed Cohn introduced Hoover to her as "Mary." Hoover allegedly responded, "Good evening." She said she saw Hoover go into a bedroom and take off his skirt. There, "young blond boys" worked on him in bed. Later, as Hoover and Cohn watched, Lewis Rosenstiel had sex with the young boys.

A year later, Susan claimed, she again saw Hoover at the Plaza. This time, the director was wearing a red dress. Around his neck was a black feather boa. He was holding a Bible, and he asked one of the blond boys to read a passage as another boy played with him. It was episodes such as these, Summers declared, that the Mafia held over Hoover's head. "Mafia bosses obtained information about Hoover's sex life and used it for decades to keep the FBI at bay," the jacket of the book says. "Without this, the Mafia as we know it might never have gained its hold on America."

• Like 1

I've read much the same as what Swithin posted, and in multiple books. The mafia had pictures and perhaps even films of Hoover "in costume and in action", and that's what kept him from even publicly acknowledging the mafia, let alone making serious efforts to go after them.

an idea for a rumor.

I don't know why we're talking about J. Edgar Hoover tonight-- but this stuff about him is common knowledge.

I believe it was 25 or 30 years ago that the papers from his psychiatrist office were discovered. That's where they got all this information about him dressing up like a woman and also there was information about his top male aide, who never left his side.

It's been so many years ago I can't remember if it was 60 minutes or 20/20, but it was on the network news kind of level, that we got this information from.

I thought this was hilarious because J. Edgar Hoover was the man who had all the dirt on everybody else, and yet when it really counted the same game had been played on him.

This was the guy that, after Martin Luther King won the Nobel Peace Prize, sent his wife, Coretta King, a sextape.

Hoover had real "class"-- especially when he wore those high heels.