Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NipkowDisc

The Triumph of Donald Trump

... and not so much racist but more along the lines of "heck, I am Caucasian, Christian, heterosexual and born in one of the 49 states (Hawaii doesn't count) so I don't care what he and Mike Pence do as long as they are not Hillary".

You know Hawaii can't count. Because that's where President Barack Obama was born. If you count Hawaii as the 50th state, then Barack Obama would be an American citizen and Donald Trump would be all wrong about the birther movement. We all know Donald Trump has never been wrong.

My kindergarten teacher told me that Hawaii was the 50th state. I suppose she didn't know what she was talking about. According to birther Donald Trump, my kindergarten teacher must have been a liar. LMREO

• Like 2

I think Ethel Merman, who was a friend of his, gave some credence to the story. In any case, this is an interesting take on the situation:

"He [Hoover] was wearing a fluffy black dress, very fluffy, with flounces and lace stockings and high heels, and a black curly wig," Summers quoted Susan as saying. "He had makeup on and false eyelashes." Susan claimed Cohn introduced Hoover to her as "Mary." Hoover allegedly responded, "Good evening." She said she saw Hoover go into a bedroom and take off his skirt. There, "young blond boys" worked on him in bed. Later, as Hoover and Cohn watched, Lewis Rosenstiel had sex with the young boys.

A year later, Susan claimed, she again saw Hoover at the Plaza. This time, the director was wearing a red dress. Around his neck was a black feather boa. He was holding a Bible, and he asked one of the blond boys to read a passage as another boy played with him. It was episodes such as these, Summers declared, that the Mafia held over Hoover's head. "Mafia bosses obtained information about Hoover's sex life and used it for decades to keep the FBI at bay," the jacket of the book says. "Without this, the Mafia as we know it might never have gained its hold on America."

Susan is a witness with some large credibility problems, so her statements

aren't very convincing to me. I do have to admit that the black feather

boa and the Bible are nice touches though.  Maybe J. Edgar was jerking off

into the Boy Scout Handbook too, while a goat dressed as Baby Face Nelson

licked Hoover's behind.

• Like 1

I don't know why we're talking about J. Edgar Hoover tonight-- but this stuff about him is common knowledge.

I believe it was 25 or 30 years ago that the papers from his psychiatrist office were discovered. That's where they got all this information about him dressing up like a woman and also there was information about his top male aide, who never left his side.

It's been so many years ago I can't remember if it was 60 minutes or 20/20, but it was on the network news kind of level, that we got this information from.

I thought this was hilarious because J. Edgar Hoover was the man who had all the dirt on everybody else, and yet when it really counted the same game had been played on him.

This was the guy that, after Martin Luther King won the Nobel Peace Prize, sent his wife, Coretta King, a sextape.

Hoover had real "class"-- especially when he wore those high heels.

I think it's common knowledge in the sense that many people have

heard about it, but never bothered to go much further. They saw

or heard it somewhere and accepted it as fact. And a supposed

tough guy like Hoover dressing up as a woman is a pretty funny

story, but I'm still skeptical.

Breaking News--

Donald Trump doesn't like Beyonce, Jay Z, J-Lo, Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen.

2 days before the election, Donald Trump is certainly focused. He doesn't like these leading artists of popular American music and he's spending a lot of time talking about how much he does not like them.

Breaking News--

2 days before the election, Donald Trump is certainly focused. He doesn't like these leading artists of popular American music and he's spending a lot of time talking about how much he does not like them.

Well, at least he has a point.

:P

• Like 1

I don't know why we're talking about J. Edgar Hoover tonight-- but this stuff about him is common knowledge.

I believe it was 25 or 30 years ago that the papers from his psychiatrist office were discovered. That's where they got all this information about him dressing up like a woman and also there was information about his top male aide, who never left his side.

It's been so many years ago I can't remember if it was 60 minutes or 20/20, but it was on the network news kind of level, that we got this information from.

I thought this was hilarious because J. Edgar Hoover was the man who had all the dirt on everybody else, and yet when it really counted the same game had been played on him.

This was the guy that, after Martin Luther King won the Nobel Peace Prize, sent his wife, Coretta King, a sextape.

Hoover had real "class"-- especially when he wore those high heels.

What always cracked me up the most about J. Edgar Hoover was his curious relationship with Richard Nixon. So many wanted him to retire, but Nixon didn't want him to go. There were many rumors that he was helping to "cover" the president's No-Nos. It was hard to prove this for certain, but there was one amusing coincidence. Hoover passed away in May 1972. One month later a little-something-something happened at the Watergate Hotel that somebody wasn't around to "cover"... *if* that is what he was doing...

What always cracked me up the most about J. Edgar Hoover was his curious relationship with Richard Nixon. So many wanted him to retire, but Nixon didn't want him to go. There were many rumors that he was helping to "cover" the president's No-Nos. It was hard to prove this for certain, but there was one amusing coincidence. Hoover passed away in May 1972. One month later a little-something-something happened at the Watergate Hotel that somebody wasn't around to "cover"... *if* that is what he was doing...

You're talking about Hoover's curious relationships? How about his one with Clyde Tolson?

Donald Trump...

a nefarious being from a time long past...

his destination: the white house.

his purpose: to make it his seat of nefarious power.

Hillary Clinton has seen him. for her it began during one futile attempt to capture that seat of power for her own twisted ends...

it began with a rigged nomination process and a woman too long without reason to bring about what she hungered for honestly...

it began with a closed rejecting electorate and a man of equal intensity of hunger...

now Hillary Clinton

knows The Donald is here...

that he has taken an orange-hued form...

somehow she must convince a disbelieving America that the nightmare has already begun.

:lol:

did anybody see david gregory go off last evening on cnn after mike pence's remarks about the comey statement saying that they were through with the emails?

his remarks and attitude didn't exactly impress me as apolitical.

he starts spouting off "this is dangerous! this is dangerous!"

whatta schtootz.

You're talking about Hoover's curious relationships? How about his one with Clyde Tolson?

True love!!

Breaking News--

He's just jealous he cant attract any celebrity entertainers. (LOL). Dont forget Katy Perry!

I think Ethel Merman, who was a friend of his, gave some credence to the story. In any case, this is an interesting take on the situation:

"He [Hoover] was wearing a fluffy black dress, very fluffy, with flounces and lace stockings and high heels, and a black curly wig," Summers quoted Susan as saying. "He had makeup on and false eyelashes." Susan claimed Cohn introduced Hoover to her as "Mary." Hoover allegedly responded, "Good evening." She said she saw Hoover go into a bedroom and take off his skirt. There, "young blond boys" worked on him in bed. Later, as Hoover and Cohn watched, Lewis Rosenstiel had sex with the young boys.

A year later, Susan claimed, she again saw Hoover at the Plaza. This time, the director was wearing a red dress. Around his neck was a black feather boa. He was holding a Bible, and he asked one of the blond boys to read a passage as another boy played with him. It was episodes such as these, Summers declared, that the Mafia held over Hoover's head. "Mafia bosses obtained information about Hoover's sex life and used it for decades to keep the FBI at bay," the jacket of the book says. "Without this, the Mafia as we know it might never have gained its hold on America."

I've missed something. Who is SUSAN???

I would not characterize any of our few Trump supporters here as white trash.

Having grown up around them and living with them now, there are a lot more than you think.  It is not a matter of education, income or even political philosophy.  "White Trash" is a matter of lifestyle.  

However, most are going to be extremely racist and that draws them to the Republican Party and Republican candidates in droves.  Also, homophobic, male chauvinists and so on.  The Republicans know this and ever since Nixon and Reagan have capitalized on it.  

They also are totally opposed to any kind of regulation of themselves, but want everyone not like them to be regulated.

• Like 3

this morning tcm ran one of their political favorites, The Best Man.

Henry Fonda is the good guy liberal William Russell and Cliff Robertson is the bad ultra-conservative reactionary Joe Cantwell.

with most of these hollywood political dramas the guy on the right is always the bad guy.

the old moderate dinosaur Art Hoffstedler wants to back cantwell but then cantwell insults him so he's agin 'um.

either kiss a rino's posterior or he will come out against you...just like TODAY.

I enjoy the best man except for the ending where fonda screws himself just so joe cantwell doan get it.

I wish there was some alternative ending footage where cantwell gets the nomination.

hollywood has proven incapable of making political movies where the bad conservative guy wins the day...

and I wish lancaster had pulled it off in seven days in may too! :lol:

Henry Fonda is the good guy liberal William Russell and Cliff Robertson is the bad ultra-conservative reactionary Joe Cantwell.

with most of these hollywood political dramas the guy on the right is always the bad guy.

the old moderate dinosaur Art Hoffstedler wants to back cantwell but then cantwell insults him so he's agin 'um.

either kiss a rino's posterior or he will come out against you...just like TODAY.

I enjoy the best man except for the ending where fonda screws himself just so joe cantwell doan get it.

I wish there was some alternative ending footage where cantwell gets the nomination.

hollywood has proven incapable of making political movies where the bad conservative guy wins the day...

Compared to Trump, the Lancaster character in SEVEN DAYS IN MAY was a day at the beach.

I've missed something. Who is SUSAN???

Susan is Susan Rosenstiel, who also spent some time in the

clink for perjury. That subtracts slightly from her credibility.

So there's Susan, Ethel, and a few others. Not exactly a

case closed crew. One thing is certain--J. Edgar loved his

mommy.

I'm not a Bon Jovi fan either. Judging from his rally music,

Donny likes Free and the Rolling Stones.

Deutsche Bank says stocks could plummet 10% on the first day with a Trump win.

Isn't he supposed to be the brilliant businessman?

Susan is Susan Rosenstiel, who also spent some time in the

clink for perjury. That subtracts slightly from her credibility.

So there's Susan, Ethel, and a few others. Not exactly a

case closed crew. One thing is certain--J. Edgar loved his

mommy.

I'm not a Bon Jovi fan either. Judging from his rally music,

Donny likes Free and the Rolling Stones.

Thanks. Never heard of her........

Thanks. Never heard of her........

I hadn't either until she was mentioned. I believe most of this

material comes from Anthony Summers' book about Hoover,

which was published in 1993.

I bring you sad tidings....

fox is reporting trump is gonna win north carolina. :D

within 50 hours the trump universe of horror begins for progressives. :lol:

I thought Deutsche Bank was supposed to go out of business

a month ago.

Nip --

The Best Man is based on a play by Gore Vidal. Gore Vidal was a famous historian, novelist, playwright and left-wing activist of his day.

He was the memorable nemesis for conservative William F Buckley, the founder of the National Review.

So when the director selected Gore Vidal's play, he knew exactly what he was getting and and what the conclusion would illustrate.

He is;   he is selling short as we speak!