Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NipkowDisc

The Triumph of Donald Trump

The BBC reports that Vladmir Putin has sent his congratulations to Donald Trump.  Didn't take long.  Trump forgot to thank him, wikileaks and Comey in his acceptance speech.

Though I think the election all came down to what a disastrous choice the DNC made by nominating Hillary Clinton.  Right or wrong, she just had too much baggage that Trump could exploit.  And her tenure would have been one nasty attack after another.  Let's leave Trump to that cesspool.

The DNC and others were warned that what they needed was a change agent and they ignored that advice.

Now the grenade has gone off.  Environmental protections - gone.  Health care for the poor - gone.  Gun control - gone.  Women's health care - gone.  Equal rights for gays - gone.  Viva tax breaks for billionaires, more military spending and scapegoating minorites.

• Like 3

The BBC reports that Vladmir Putin has sent his congratulations to Donald Trump.  Didn't take long.  Trump forgot to thank him, wikileaks and Comey in his acceptance speech.

Though I think the election all came down to what a disastrous choice the DNC made by nominating Hillary Clinton.  Right or wrong, she just had too much baggage that Trump could exploit.  And her tenure would have been one nasty attack after another.  Let's leave Trump to that cesspool.

The DNC and others were warned that what they needed was a change agent and they ignored that advice.

Now the grenade has gone off.  Environmental protections - gone.  Health care for the poor - gone.  Gun control - gone.  Women's health care - gone.  Equal rights for gays - gone.  Viva tax breaks for billionaires, more military spending and scapegoating minorites.

Take a drink, kid.

To his credit, Trump gave a rather gracious, conciliatory acceptance speech.  As he approached the stage, he even appeared a bit humbled by the occasion.  If he can manage to reach out and try to unite the country as he suggested, then he'll be off to a good start.  It was encouraging to hear him talk about working on the infrastructure, which has been neglected far too long.

So when will the government start rounding up the immigrants, Muslims and gays?

• Like 1

I think Jimi Hendrix

Stevie Ray Vaughan

Santana

are all better than poor confused Ted.

To continue this list I would put Eric Clapton

Keith Richards

And my personal favorite Jeff Beck--

Easily I would put all of the above ahead of Ted, not only in terms of virtuosity, but also in terms of record output and public demand for hit records, i.e. popularity.

But I got to give it to you-- Ted does play Loud!

OH i DEFINITELY like your inclusion of JEFF BECK...my personal fav is Beck's Bolero... :)

I was once lucky enough to see Jimi Hendrix play at a coffee shop in the west village(NYC) the year before his firs album came out....ARE YOU EXPERIENCED...

And he did say he was going to sue all of those women who accused him of groping as soon as the election was over.

Friday, January 20, 2017

And he did say he was going to sue all of those women who accused him of groping as soon as the election was over.

And put Hillary in jail... after VP Pence forces all women who had abortions AND miscarriages pay for their fetus funerals.

Then again, they are full of a lot of talk and no action.

Gone is the FAILED Obamacare system.  Gone is the MANDATE that demands I have insurance - government STAY OUT OF MY BUSINESS!  Gone is shutting down CLEAN burning coal plants, I'm hoping he can change how power companies raise rates that hurts the poor.  Gone are the carbon taxes (which also hurts the poor).

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/editorials/ct-obamacare-fail-health-care-insurance-medicine-0911-jm-20160909-story.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/judeclemente/2014/11/24/americans-cant-afford-higher-electricity-prices/#14b73887261f

gas-bill_2192876k.jpg

Has there ever been a President with two divorces on his record, in addition to his current first lady wife? 

Or even one divorce, for that matter?

Has there ever been a President with two divorces on his record, in addition to his current first lady wife? 

Marriages have become part of our disposable throw away society.

Marriages have become part of our disposable throw away society.

So....yes? no?

Reagan maybe? He was a Hollywood guy.

Is this the best you can do? Has there ever been a President ANYTHING like him? This is a test of the effectiveness of our checks and balances system of government. Everybody else has to get together and make sure that he's not allowed to take us off the rails..

• Like 1

Is this the best you can do? Has there ever been a President ANYTHING like him? This is a test of the effectiveness of our checks and balances system of government. Everybody else has to get together and make sure that he's not allowed to take us off the rails..

Didn't get enough of the black vote in Philadelphia to overcome the surge of the Deplorables in the rest of the state. Putting coal workers and others out of work due to Nafta & Obama's war on coal cost her, big time. How sweet it is.

Didn't get enough of the black vote in Philadelphia to overcome the surge of the Deplorables in the rest of the state. Putting coal workers and others out of work due to Nafta & Obama's war on coal cost her, big time. How sweet it is.

See how sweet you think it is, a couple years from now.

Reagan maybe? He was a Hollywood guy.

Is this the best you can do? 

I don't see any spelling or grammar mistakes in my questions.

Did TCM put you in charge of all conversation starting this morning?

Heaven help us.

Looking forward to getting a real interest rate return on my CD's. How sweet it will be.

Looking forward to getting a real interest rate return on my CD's. How sweet it will be.

So do I, but what does that have to do with him?

Are you leaving us now? You can go with those Hollywood types who are hysterical this morning. Tee Hee Hee.

Are you leaving us now? You can go with those Hollywood types who are hysterical this morning. Tee Hee Hee.

My trademark is keeping on, keeping on. I'll make the best of it.

So do I, but what does that have to do with him?

Man, where have you been? Trumpus has already said the days of the Fed propping up the Fed & Wall Street are gone. Policies will create millions of jobs and put the economy on solid ground.

Man, where have you been? Trumpus has already said the days of the Fed propping up the Fed & Wall Street are gone. Policies will create millions of jobs and put the economy on solid ground.

I'll believe that when I see it.