Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Triumph of Donald Trump

And yet the polls gave her a 90% chance of winning the very morning of the election.

Hmm.

She was so sure she was gonna be President, I remember seeing backstage footage of her, Bill and Chelsea bubbling over with giddiness as the counting started coming in. Bill was actually jumping up and down like a little schoolgirl.

20/20 excuse-making is so much fun - isn't it, Tom?

Yes, the polls did have her ahead on election day as far as voting percentage was concerned, but, if I recall properly, it was down to 3, maybe 4 per cent, as opposed to the 7 to 9 per cent she was ahead before Comey spoke.

And, guess what, the polls were right inasmuch as she got almost 3 million votes more anyway. Of course, the electoral college is what counts so she lost.

And, guess what, the polls were right inasmuch as she got almost 3 million votes more anyway. Of course, the electoral college is what counts so she lost.

I know - too bad the rest of the country had already locked it up for Trump by the time the airhead California votes started being counted.

Give California another 70 electoral votes - that's what we need to do!

I know - too bad the rest of the country had already locked it up for Trump by the time the airhead California votes started being counted.

Give California another 70 electoral votes - that's what we need to do!

So are New Yorkers "airheads" too?

The Triumph of Donald Trump is that he has fooled a lot of indigent people into voting for him, so that he can make his super rich staff and friends even richer:

86 percent of Trump counties make less in a year than 27 Trump staffers are worth

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/04/01/86-percent-of-trump-counties-make-less-in-a-year-than-27-trump-staffers-are-worth/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_trumpcounties-1213pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.fbf7477dda6b

Breaking News--

The New York Times has estimated that two hard-working federal employees --

Mr. and Mrs. Jared Kushner (Mrs. Kushner, née Ivanka Trump) are worth:

$700 million plus dollars.

Even though the couple are unpaid volunteers with offices in the White House, there may be a conflict of interest, according to experts on the issue.

Still obsessing about Hillary are we?  If you must know, she lost because of the Russians, who had Manafort and others in the Trump camp; and Tad Devine and others in the Bernie camp. She was running an honest campaign whilst Tweedledum and Tweedledee were in bed with the Russians and Assange.

The Russians had their bases covered, to make sure they could hijack an American election and put one of their own in.

Breaking News--

The New York Times has estimated that two hard-working federal employees --

Mr. and Mrs. Jared Kushner (Mrs. Kushner, née Ivanka Trump) are worth:

$700 million plus dollars.

Even though the couple are unpaid volunteers with offices in the White House, there may be a conflict of interest, according to experts on the issue.

And you know what else?

Some guy who owns a little pizza restaurant and who has a huge penchant for pedophilic art and humour is the 49th most powerful person in Washington, D.C.!

What a world, huh?

Still obsessing about Hillary are we?  If you must know, she lost because of the Russians, who had Manafort and others in the Trump camp; and Tad Devine and others in the Bernie camp. She was running an honest campaign whilst Tweedledum and Tweedledee were in bed with the Russians and Assange.

The Russians had their bases covered, to make sure they could hijack an American election and put one of their own in.

One major reason Hillary lost was because of the contempt establishment Dems like yourself had for those in Bernie's camp.   

Did you already forget the same-dame comment?     In the key states many Bernie supporters decided to stay home because they wanted to ensure establishment hacks like yourself (and your cohorts like Donna and Debbie) had a bad night.    

One major reason Hillary lost was because of the contempt establishment Dems like yourself had for those in Bernie's camp.   

Did you already forget the same-dame comment?     In the key states many Bernie supporters decided to stay home because they wanted to ensure establishment hacks like yourself (and your cohorts like Donna and Debbie) had a bad night.    

Can't wait to see how they try to keep their narrative going after the next round of primaries - more Corporate Dems a-goin' bye-bye.

I haven't forgotten the same dame comment. Interesting that you call contempt what so many others are recognizing: the bond between many Bernie and Trump voters. 

In the end, Hillary lost because misogynists like you went into the booth and voted for Trump, or didn't vote at all. It's that simple.  Regarding other voters, a wide variety of issues and prejudices motivated voters, some of whom were manipulated by outside influences (Russia, etc.). 

And in the end, I'll probably get a tax cut from Trump. The people who voted for Trump -- the people who need jobs, and better health care -- who thought they would get something from Trump -- will get his mouth and nothing else. That's their tragedy.

the-lady-eve-1941-william-demarest-barba

I haven't forgotten the same dame comment. Interesting that you call contempt what so many others are recognizing: the bond between many Bernie and Trump voters. 

In the end, Hillary lost because misogynists like you went into the booth and voted for Trump, or didn't vote at all. It's that simple.  Regarding other voters, a wide variety of issues and prejudices motivated voters, some of whom were manipulated by outside influences (Russia, etc.). 

And in the end, I'll probably get a tax cut from Trump. The people who voted for Trump -- the people who need jobs, and better health care -- who thought they would get something from Trump -- will get his mouth and nothing else. That's their tragedy.

I voted for Jill Stein you bozo (in addition since I'm in CA my vote didn't really count since Hillary had CA in the bag).  But clearly you still don't get why clowns like you contributed to Hillary's defeat.

E.g. implying that if one wasn't in love with Hillary or favored Sanders over Hillary,   it must be because one is a misogynist.    :wacko:

I voted for Jill Stein you bozo (in addition since I'm in CA my vote didn't really count since Hillary had CA in the bag).  But clearly you still don't get why clowns like you contributed to Hillary's defeat.

E.g. implying that if one wasn't in love with Hillary or favored Sanders over Hillary,   it must be because one is a misogynist.    :wacko:

Bozo -- clowns -- whoever you really voted for, I have noticed for some time (and far from just  your posts relative to me), that your discourse is identical to Mr. Trump's.  One can learn a lot about posters here, and not just from their political posts. You frequently get out of control.

E.g. implying that if one wasn't in love with Hillary or favored Sanders over Hillary,   it must be because one is a misogynist.    

And maybe a racist too.

And don't forget a pie-in-the-sky-er.

Geez, look what's talking.

He is just repeating the same-dame line.   That is all this Hillary-is-god clown has.

Next he will be calling you a far right conservative because,  well,  you have the nerve to criticize Hillary.

And don't you dare say something bad about his other love children,  Donna and Debbie.  

He is just repeating the same-dame line.   That is all this Hillary-is-god clown has.

Next he will be calling you a far right conservative because,  well,  you have the nerve to criticize Hillary.

And don't you dare say something bad about his other love children,  Donna and Debbie.  

Actually, regarding the "same dame" line, I sometimes think you and darkblue are the same dame!

http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-ed-our-dishonest-president/

"In a matter of weeks, President Trump has taken dozens of real-life steps that, if they are not reversed, will rip families apart, foul rivers and pollute the air, intensify the calamitous effects of climate change and profoundly weaken the system of American public education for all.

His attempt to de-insure millions of people who had finally received healthcare coverage and, along the way, enact a massive transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich has been put on hold for the moment. But he is proceeding with his efforts to defang the government’s regulatory agencies and bloat the Pentagon’s budget even as he supposedly retreats from the global stage."

"It is impossible to know where his presidency will lead or how much damage he will do to our nation."

• Like 3

Trump can’t use free speech defense in lawsuit over rally violence: federal judge-

"Despite Trump's lawyers' allegation that his words were constitutionally protected speech, "it is plausible that Trump's direction to 'get 'em out of here' advocated the use of force...it was an order, an instruction, a command," Hale writes.

The judge cites case law in stating that an incitement to violence does not enjoy First Amendment protection. "Trump's statement at least 'implicitly encouraged the use of violence or lawless action,'" Hale wrote........

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/trump-cant-use-free-speech-defense-in-lawsuit-over-rally-violence-federal-judge/

• Like 3

Trump can’t use free speech defense in lawsuit over rally violence: federal judge-

"Despite Trump's lawyers' allegation that his words were constitutionally protected speech, "it is plausible that Trump's direction to 'get 'em out of here' advocated the use of force...it was an order, an instruction, a command," Hale writes.

The judge cites case law in stating that an incitement to violence does not enjoy First Amendment protection. "Trump's statement at least 'implicitly encouraged the use of violence or lawless action,'" Hale wrote........

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/trump-cant-use-free-speech-defense-in-lawsuit-over-rally-violence-federal-judge/

If I was a defence counsellor for someone accused of violence at one of these rallies I would protest my client's innocence based on being worked up to a point of hysteria by the man inciting it from the stage.  It would be an interesting approach.

If I was a defence counsellor for someone accused of violence at one of these rallies I would protest my client's innocence based on being worked up to a point of hysteria by the man inciting it from the stage.  It would be an interesting approach.

A women activist attempted such a defense on the Tucker Carlson show.   It was a funny exchange in that neither had any respect (ZERO) for the other's POV.    But clearly the women felt that violence was justified to stop what she defined as hate speech.   I.e. we will NOT let you talk that way and we will use force to prevent you,  was clearly her POV.     (but she did give the standard line that she understood the 1st amendment, and was for free-speech,  bah, bah,,). 

Here in the OC there were more anti-Trump protesters attested.   There was a pro-Trump rally where they had the necessary permits etc....  It was clearly the anti-Trump protesters that tried to prevent the permitted pro-Trump rally and caused the violence when they couldn't stop the rally (as confirmed by independent journalists who were also assaulted by anti-Trump protesters since if one is there,  they are the enemy and therefore will be targeted).

Oh,  well let the good times role.

A women activist attempted such a defense on the Tucker Carlson show.   It was a funny exchange in that neither had any respect (ZERO) for the other's POV.    But clearly the women felt that violence was justified to stop what she defined as hate speech.   I.e. we will NOT let you talk that way and we will use force to prevent you,  was clearly her POV.     (but she did give the standard line that she understood the 1st amendment, and was for free-speech,  bah, bah,,). 

Here in the OC there were more anti-Trump protesters attested.   There was a pro-Trump rally where they had the necessary permits etc....  It was clearly the anti-Trump protesters that tried to prevent the permitted pro-Trump rally and caused the violence when they couldn't stop the rally (as confirmed by independent journalists who were also assaulted by anti-Trump protesters since if one is there,  they are the enemy and therefore will be targeted).

Oh,  well let the good times role.

Interesting.  My point was to base a defence on being instructed from the stage to cause violence.  Blame it on Trump and call him as a witness.

By the way I read that the Trump University law suit is alive and kicking.  There was one hold out which means the case continues and Trump may have to testify.  

But isn't that Security's job? To remove people who cause disturbance according to the employer's instructions?

Doesn't pretty much every business or operation employ Security?

maxine waters thinks they can get Donny on collusion and impeach him...

he made the observation that she looks like music artist James Brown... :lol:

this Gorsuch thing, whatz the point? so the democrat senate egg suckers got 41 votes and can block. to what avail? they know mcconnell will use the nuclear option and Gorsuch will be confirmed so whatz the point?

how will that hearten their constituencies? even dumber is these GOP senators like Graham fretting over it. doan they get it? the democrats doan give a sheet so why should they? so if thatz the way the

democrats feel about it...

well sir...

"well, if they want a fight, lets give it to them." -scotty, 3rd year ep 'spectre of the gun'

:)