Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Triumph of Donald Trump

And, if Hillary had won, would you call the violent protests by Trump supporters "spoiled trendies?"  Or spoiled what? would you call them?

Oh, I'm sure that if Hillary had won, the Trump supporters would be quiet and gracious and amicable. They wouldn't say anything about "systems being rigged", especially if Trump had won the popular vote but not the electoral college. They would be polite and accepting, and open to working across the aisle for the good of the nation.

• Like 1

There are photos of burning streets in the Evening Standard -- which was a big Trump supporter (owned by a former KGB agent). I throw the paper away, so I'm not sure of the American city where the photo was taken.

And, if Hillary had won, would you call the violent protests by Trump supporters "spoiled trendies?" Or spoiled what? would you call them?

Swith-- the majority of the protesters were peaceful, but quite vocal in their hatred of Trump. I saw Cher in the New York demonstration, so you know it had to be peaceful. The people were hurt and they got there anger and frustration directed directly to their object. They hung a Trump dummy in effigy.

They had violence issues in Oakland, but this city has issues that come up often on national news. So I would imagine whenever they have any kind of protest, the homegrown problems always get a little bit out of control.

There are photos of burning streets in the Evening Standard -- which was a big Trump supporter (owned by a former KGB agent). I throw the paper away, so I'm not sure of the American city where the photo was taken.

And, if Hillary had won, would you call the violent protests by Trump supporters "spoiled trendies?"  Or spoiled what? would you call them?

That photo was of a burning paper mache effigy of Trump.

Democracy does work ... it's just that the results are not always what some folks want. There are always winners and losers.

I think Hibi understands the Constitution and how America works.

But Hibi may have been alluding to the fact that a majority of American voters voted for Hillary Clinton for president, but because of the constitutional language about the Electoral College, Donald Trump will be president.

That may be easy for Americans to accept because we know our own history and government, yet at the same time--on the face of it--

it doesn't look very democratic.

This is a really terrific Washington Post article with some humour that both sides should read....

We liberal elitists are now completely in the clear. The government is in Republican hands. Let them deal with him. Democrats can spend four years raising heirloom tomatoes, meditating, reading Jane Austen, traveling around the country, tasting artisan beers, and let the Republicans build the wall and carry on the trade war with China and deport the undocumented and deal with opioids, and we Democrats can go for a long , brisk walk and smell the roses.

Except that some of us liberals (not necessarily "elitists") may get deported along with the "undocumented" and the Muslims. Hopefully we get deported to either Canada or Mexico instead of Putin's camps that he and Trump must be building together on the sly. It tickled me just how much "alleged" interaction was going on during the election between his campaign and that particular country, even though Trump claims to be innocent of that. :rolleyes:

I saw Al Franken on Lawrence O'Donnell last night. Franken was one of the original writers of Saturday Night Live. Now he is a Democratic senator from Minnesota.

He was livid about Trump's 11th hour visit to Minnesota to trash the Somalian immigrant population there.

He more or less came on to announce that the Democrats in the Senate were not going to lay down and play dead for Donald Trump and that they would be a force to be reckoned with.

Yes,  I saw that.   Of course the party that isn't in the White House is going to use all the power they have to try to block legislation they disagree with.     While I'm hoping the GOP and Dems in Congress can compromise on issues like the budget (as well as lowering the debt), immigration reform and infrastructure spending,  if they don't I'm not going to blame either party.     (because again folks we are deeply divide when it comes to how to address the issues facing the nation). 

Donald Trump lists top 3 priorities during visit to Washington

President-elect Donald Trump says his top three priorities are immigration, health care and jobs.

image.jpg

NEWSDAY > http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/donald-trump-lists-top-3-priorities-during-visit-to-washington-1.12599465

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Donald Trump lists top 3 priorities during visit to Washington

President-elect Donald Trump says his top three priorities are immigration, health care and jobs.

image.jpg

NEWSDAY > http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/donald-trump-lists-top-3-priorities-during-visit-to-washington-1.12599465

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

1) taking advice from President Barack Obama

2) taking advice from former President Bill Clinton

3) learning about how Washington works from Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan

Nice try Princess. Remember one of your comments white men would have to take it whether they like it or not. The worm has turned.

• Like 1

4.) Somebody explaining the differences between "Hezbollah" and "Hamas" by means of a sock puppet show since he is too easily bored reading Wikipedia.

5.) Drawing straws with VP Mike Pence to see who must go visit Pulse to commemorate the first anniversary of the mass shooting there, since neither is terribly fond of all of those rainbow flags in Orlando.

6.) Negotiating a deal that Mexico can not refuse so the bricks can be laid down, then starting a second wall along Canada's border to try to keep the rest of us from trying to escape.

• Like 1

4.) Somebody explaining the differences between "Hezbollah" and "Hamas" by means of a sock puppet show since he is too easily bored reading Wikipedia.

5.) Drawing straws with VP Mike Pence to see who must go visit Pulse to commemorate the first anniversary of the mass shooting there, since neither is terribly fond of all of those rainbow flags in Orlando.

*6.) Negotiating a deal that Mexico can not refuse so the bricks can be laid down, then starting a second wall along Canada's border to try to keep the rest of us from trying to escape.

*"Ich bin ein Berliner"--

I'm waiting for Donald Trump to give that speech in Spanish.

• Like 1

Is that a bad thing?  Obama did advise him to stock up on hand sanitizers. :lol:

Another ripoff. The market is up again today. Think it is closed

tomorrow. C'mon Donny, say something stupid and put a dent

in it. I know you can do it.

I'm surprised the stock market didn't plummeted with the news of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie split up :P

I'm surprised the stock market didn't plummeted with the news of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie split up :P

I am getting a tad impatient. Maybe next week there will be a

slight dip, nothing drastic. Sooner or later, even without the

influence of Trump, it will go down.

And what is that picture supposed to suggest? Half of my family tree came out of West Virginia coal mines, and you know what? It was horrible work for bad pay and a much shorter life span. So they did what any person with half a brain and a backbone does and they got out of those stinking holes in the ground and bettered themselves through education, job training, or by joining the military, got better jobs and moved out of West Virginia. There's nothing noble or romantic about being a coal miner, despite what the company line says. 

I've got exactly this much sympathy for the coal industry: 

• Like 2

And what is that picture supposed to suggest? Half of my family tree came out of West Virginia coal mines, and you know what? It was horrible work for bad pay and a much shorter life span. So they did what any person with half a brain and a backbone does and they got out of those stinking holes in the ground and bettered themselves through education, job training, or by joining the military, got better jobs and moved out of West Virginia. There's nothing noble or romantic about being a coal miner, despite what the company line says. 

I've got exactly this much sympathy for the coal industry: 

Well Lawrence, for those who've STAYED in West Virginia, I guess one could say thankfully they're AT LEAST not(now what was that again darkblue said earlier?...oh yeah) "those nutty Californians who vote a certain way because a bunch of movie stars tell 'em to"!!!

LOL

I just saw an article about Megyn Kelly's upcoming book. In it she reveals that there was collusion between Fox News and Trump's campaign, including feeding him the debate questions early. It seemed to upset quite a few people when Hillary's camp did it, so naturally I'll assume that everyone will be just as outraged. Or is it more a case of being surprised if he didn't do it? Do we start calling him "Crooked Donald" now?

• Like 1

America deserves a fighter.

come january...she's got one!
:) 

Saaaay ND! I gotta say that THAT was pretty darn open-minded, to say NOTHIN' about it being mighty "progressive" of you here.

I mean of course your above use of the feminine pronoun in description of our country.

(...and here all this time I had you pegged as a guy who thinks the female gender as "inferior" somehow...eeh, maybe that's just 'cause every time you hear of a new movie comin' out where the hero is female you kind'a go ape****...guess I've just been readin' too much into things, huh)

LOL

I just saw an article about Megyn Kelly's upcoming book. In it she reveals that there was collusion between Fox News and Trump's campaign, including feeding him the debate questions early. Do we start calling him "Crooked Donald" now? It seemed to upset quite a few people when Hillary's camp did it, so naturally I'll assume that everyone will be just as outraged. Or is it more a case of being surprised if he didn't do it?

From the very beginning of his primary run, I felt that there was some kind of an arrangement between Donald Trump and Fox News. That they were working with a script and it was political theater. At the time I had no evidence for that;

it was more or less just my gut feeling andmy knowledge of the two participants involved.