Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Triumph of Donald Trump

From the very beginning of his primary run, I felt that there was some kind of an arrangement between Donald Trump and Fox News. That they were working with a script and it was political theater. At the time I had no evidence for that;

it was more or less just my gut feeling andmy knowledge of the two participants involved.

oh my goodness! we gotta overturn the election

Donald had the questions from Roger! :lol: 

I just saw an article about Megyn Kelly's upcoming book. In it she reveals that there was collusion between Fox News and Trump's campaign, including feeding him the debate questions early. It seemed to upset quite a few people when Hillary's camp did it, so naturally I'll assume that everyone will be just as outraged. Or is it more a case of being surprised if he didn't do it? Do we start calling him "Crooked Donald" now?

Oh c'mon now, Lawrence! SURELY this isn't the FIRST little inkling you've had in this regard to a guy who flat out admitted he pays no federal income taxes, now IS IT???

(...I know, I know...is IS rather ironic he never seemed to get tagged with that little moniker too, isn't it...but then again, when people become so damn mesmerized with a dog & pony show, this kind'a thing will usually go RIGHT over their little heads, won't it)

Saaaay ND! I gotta say that THAT was pretty darn open-minded, to say NOTHIN' about it being mighty "progressive" of you here.

I mean of course your above use of the feminine pronoun in description of our country.

(...and here all this time I had you pegged as a guy who thinks the female gender as "inferior" somehow...eeh, maybe that's just 'cause every time you hear of a new movie comin' out where the hero is female you kind'a go ape****...guess I've just been readin' too much into things, huh)

LOL

well, historically I think men attach the female gender to great things they prize like a great country. :)

Saaaay ND! I gotta say that THAT was pretty darn open-minded, to say NOTHIN' about it being mighty "progressive" of you here.

I mean of course your above use of the feminine pronoun in description of our country.

(...and here all this time I had you pegged as a guy who thinks the female gender as "inferior" somehow...eeh, maybe that's just 'cause every time you hear of a new movie comin' out where the hero is female you kind'a go ape****...guess I've just been readin' too much into things, huh)

LOL

Why Dargo, didn't you know the country is keeping up with the times? ;)

Uncle Samatha

208_V_F.jpg

• Like 2

Oh c'mon now, Lawrence! SURELY this isn't the FIRST little inkling you've had in this regard to a guy who flat out admitted he pays no federal income taxes, now IS IT???

(...I know, I know...is IS rather ironic he never seemed to get tagged with that little moniker too, isn't it...but then again, when people become so damn mesmerized with a dog & pony show, this kind'a thing will usually go RIGHT over their little heads, won't it)

My comment was directed more at the people (ok, person) who repeatedly used "Crooked Hillary" in their posts. But somehow I think they won't hold Trump to those same standards.

It's yet one more facet in the jewel of the Trump presidency: the people were sick and tired of rich, corrupt, out of touch elitists in Washington, so they elected a rich, corrupt, out of touch elitist from New York, one who is now in the process of filling his cabinet with a bunch of old Washington and New York elitists from the political and banking classes.

Meet the new boss, same as the...

• Like 3

My comment was directed more at the people (ok, person) who repeatedly used "Crooked Hillary" in their posts. But somehow I think they won't hold Trump to those same standards.

It's yet one more facet in the jewel of the Trump presidency: the people were sick and tired of rich, corrupt, out of touch elitists in Washington, so they elected a rich, corrupt, out of touch elitist from New York, one who is now in the process of filling his cabinet with a bunch of old Washington and New York elitists from the political and banking classes.

Politics will never change (corruption wise) regardless of party affiliation.  Maybe future candidates needs a new slogan...

Vote For Me, I'm Less Crooked

If anyone thinks a politician will ever be squeaky clean, they're deluding themselves.

Politics will never change (corruption wise) regardless of party affiliation. Maybe future candidates needs a new slogan...

If anyone thinks a politician will ever be squeaky clean, they're deluding themselves.

I think Diogenes already covered that, but in a more General sense.

I believe I haven't met the human being who is perfect. And if I did meet the human being who was perfect he/she could very well be a politician.

It seems politicians have to be human beings, so like all human beings, they can never be perfect.

Except that some of us liberals (not necessarily "elitists") may get deported along with the "undocumented" and the Muslims. Hopefully we get deported to either Canada or Mexico instead of Putin's camps that he and Trump must be building together on the sly. It tickled me just how much "alleged" interaction was going on during the election between his campaign and that particular country, even though Trump claims to be innocent of that. :rolleyes:

There was a brief mention of a FBI investigation into Trump's campaign's ties with Russia that may yet rear its ugly head.  Though I would doubt that they would want to rain on their guy's parade just now.  

Yes, it seems Trump is not really draining the swamp at all.  He is filling it up!

What a load of malarky that one was.

• Like 1

Politics will never change (corruption wise) regardless of party affiliation.  Maybe future candidates needs a new slogan...

Which is why you should stop electing them.

Vote Green Party! Those people actually care about making the country better.

The Times in London reports that while the Donald was meeting Obama yesterday his lawyers were in court trying to forbid any statements he may have made on the campaign trail from being used against him in the Trump University fraud case.  Trump U is said to have duped some 5,000 people out of $40 million. His lawyers argued that some of the statements that Tump himself made on the campaign trail would prejudice the case in favour of the plaintiffs.

There are some 75 current cases against Trump out of the career 4,000 he has faced.  One is regarding sexual harassment.  Another is sex with a 13 year-old.

Because the cases were filed against Trump before he was elected he will not be privy to the immunity conferred on Presidents.

No news on the law suits Trump threatened against his female accusers of sexual harassment as soon as the election was over.

• Like 1

The Times in London reports that while the Donald was meeting Obama yesterday his lawyers were in court trying to forbid any statements he may have made on the campaign trail from being used against him in the Trump University fraud case. Trump U is said to have duped some 5,000 people out of $40 million. His lawyers argued that some of the statements that Tump himself made on the campaign trail would prejudice the case in favour of the plaintiffs.

There are some 75 current cases against Trump out of the career 4,000 he has faced. One is regarding sexual harassment. Another is sex with a 13 year-old.

Because the cases were filed against Trump before he was elected he will not be privy to the immunity conferred on Presidents.

No news on the law suits Trump threatened against his female accusers of sexual harassment as soon as the election was over.

Trump is the president of the uneducated working class white man who wants to maintain his white privilege. I don't think anybody else is going to claim him at this point.

1.4 million Obama amnesty applicants on deportation hit list

Secrets has already received reports that illegals are already starting to leave the country. One source said that some in Virginia left for the border on Wednesday, the day Donald Trump was declared the winner.

WASHINGTON EXAMINER > http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/1.4-million-obama-amnesty-applicants-on-deportation-hit-list/article/2607171

BUILD THE WALL. KEEP 'EM OUT. ROUND 'EM UP. BOOT 'EM OUT. BAD ONES WIPE 'EM OUT!

ass-kicking.gif

The triumph of Donald Trump?

Yes, as well as the triumph of bigotry, misogyny and fomenting division in a nation!

I hear this speculation from the media about "campaign" Trump, as opposed to "President" Trump? Will he be different, they hope and pray? What a load of crap!

OF COURSE he won't be different, no matter how conciliatory he may have sounded in his first statement after election. We've all seen the real Trump for the last year and a half, as well as a lifetime of racial bigotry in his comments and attitude.

Did you read Trump's first tweet about the protests across the country, how "unfair" it is that "professional protesters" and the media were responsible? THAT's the real knee jerk Trump, no matter what his second tweet afterward may have been trying to sound more reasonable.

The election of Donald Trump is a tragedy of epic proportions. And much of the blame for that lies with the Democrats failing to connection with more voters, as much as it does with the Republicans for selecting a man who is morally bankrupt but tapped into a genuine economic pain felt by many Americans. But there is also a racist message that Trump shamelessly and deliberately sent out, and some of the most hateful and fearful parts of American society connected with that, as well. We see that on these threads.

Many Americans now are scared and fearful of their own future government. No wonder there are protesters in the streets! Don't underestimate the fact that more Americans voted for Clinton than Trump as far as the real anxiety of a nation is concerned.

America is a nation divided and those divisions may well become even greater. We are facing a very dark future, I fear.

• Like 3

1.4 million Obama amnesty applicants on deportation hit list

Secrets has already received reports that illegals are already starting to leave the country. One source said that some in Virginia left for the border on Wednesday, the day Donald Trump was declared the winner.

WASHINGTON EXAMINER > http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/1.4-million-obama-amnesty-applicants-on-deportation-hit-list/article/2607171

BUILD THE WALL. KEEP 'EM OUT. ROUND 'EM UP. BOOT 'EM OUT. BAD ONES WIPE 'EM OUT!

****-kicking.gif

It will be interesting to keep an eye on your tourism figures.  How much is that industry worth?

Trump is the president of the uneducated working class white man who wants to maintain his white privilege. I don't think anybody else is going to claim him at this point.

trump got the votes of white women, blacks and even rational-minded muslims and alotta former obama voters.

you say the white middle class has to accept deprivation with a happy face because of the injustices of the past but not all union blue collar people are white, included are also many black and minority voters...

:P

what did they do besides the thought crime of not choosing to go to college???

• Like 1

It will be interesting to keep an eye on your tourism figures.  How much is that industry worth?

Yes,  there could be an impact to tourism especially if a Trump admin limits the number of traveling visas to those nations south of the US border.     I'm still hoping there can be a compromise;  Grant citizenship to the 750K dreamers,  and for around a millions others that have been in the USA 7 or more years and committed no crimes grant them a work visa.   The compromise from the left would be that the remaining self-deport within 90 days or they are classified as felons.  

• Like 2

The triumph of Donald Trump?

Yes, as well as the triumph of bigotry, misogyny and fomenting division in a nation!

I hear this speculation from the media about "campaign" Trump, as opposed to "President" Trump? Will he be different, they hope and pray? What a load of crap!

OF COURSE he won't be different, no matter how conciliatory he may have sounded in his first statement after election. We've all seen the real Trump for the last year and a half, as well as a lifetime of racial bigotry in his comments and attitude.

Did you read Trump's first tweet about the protests across the country, how "unfair" it is that "professional protesters" and the media were responsible? THAT's the real knee jerk Trump, no matter what his second tweet afterward may have been trying to sound more reasonable.

The election of Donald Trump is a tragedy of epic proportions. And much of the blame for that lies with the Democrats failing to connection with more voters, as much as it does with the Republicans for selecting a man who is morally bankrupt but tapped into a genuine economic pain felt by many Americans. But there is also a racist message that Trump shamelessly and deliberately sent out, and some of the most hateful and fearful parts of American society connected with that, as well. We see that on these threads.

Many Americans now are scared and fearful of their own future government. No wonder there are protesters in the streets! Don't underestimate the fact that more Americans voted for Clinton than Trump as far as the real anxiety of a nation is concerned.

America is a nation divided and those divisions may well become even greater. We are facing a very dark future, I fear.

both sides were ready to accept the judgment dictated by the electoral college which hillary clinton has certainly never objected to...

so be it. it is done!

Trump now commands. :)

• Like 1

The triumph of Donald Trump is that he pulled the wool over the eyes of the white uneducated, who looked to him as a Messiah. He has already begun appointing lobbyists, Washington insiders, and others (people he railed against), who will try to wipe out any progressive programs that actually helped the working class in the past. The mission of Trump and his minions will be to solidify the position of the 1% before the electorate changes any further. It will not do anything for Trump's voters in Ohio, Michigan, or Pennsylvania (or West Virginia for that matter). At least the racists among his supporters will get license to spew their filth.

The triumph of Julian Assange is that his targeting of one candidate will indeed radicalize the more moderate among the progressives. The riots have begun. There is no reason why the left should not behave in the way that the right would have behaved, had Trump lost. I'm not a radical, but I don't go for all that love and hugs crap.