Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NipkowDisc

The Triumph of Donald Trump

2 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Why would anyone be looking into the governor of Virginia's yearbook? Did you give a **** before this story broke? No, and neither did anyone else. It was only after someone stumbled across it that it became a story. I notice you aren't pointing fingers at the Republican candidate or the Republican party machine that just ran against him a little over a year ago...you know, people who had something to gain by finding out this sort of thing. Even Donnie pointed out this massive failure on their part.

But I understand, you are hopelessly obsessed with cable news networks. Should we coin the term "CNN Derangement Syndrome" for you? 

but would that photo have gone so overlooked if the candidate had been a republican? was it missed because they go lightly on researching democrats?

:D

Just now, NipkowDisc said:

but would that photo have gone so overlooked if the candidate had been a republican? was it missed because they go lightly on researching democrats?

You mean would the Democratic machine been better at their job than the Republicans? Probably not, as the Democrats are known for snatching defeat from the claws of victory.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

Once again this is something that happened over 30 years ago !! (while being young and naive if not stupid)

Guess it's not possible for people to grow up and change.

Critics better pray YOUR young past don't come back and haunt you - be poetic justice.

We West Virginians forgave Robert Byrd for being young and naive, whom by the way did CHANGE!

LS53omYiwesBFjV8F7ETZ4ZP275BJ6kodh5oZbJf

And why not, Hillary DID!

1*gX0043K11wsgCNaE1jcw4Q.png

2 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Maybe we  don't hear protest because Senator Byrd was a DEMOCRAT!

Or maybe it's because he's been out of office and dead for nearly a decade. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, LawrenceA said:

Or maybe it's because he's been out of office and dead for nearly a decade. 

WHEN HE WAS ALIVE!!!!!!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, hamradio said:

5 minutes ago, hamradio said:

WHEN HE WAS ALIVE!!!!!!

You really need to brush up on your English language skills then, as your previous post, seen above, designates a present tense rather than a past tense. I can't be faulted for interpreting your comments the way they are written.

And do you really think Byrd would even be able to run for office these days, let alone win? I honestly don't recall ever hearing his name mentioned once without his past Klan association being brought up. But he was your state's politician, so I would guess you heard about him more often.

17 minutes ago, hamradio said:

CcbtFOKVAAAc9vl.jpg

Ham, did you vote for Senator Byrd?

Since you were one of his constituents, I would probably start by asking you and not anyone else why you guys didn't bring up the issue years ago?

This ball is in your court.

6 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Ham, did you vote for Senator Byrd?

Since you were one of his constituents, I would probably start by asking you and not anyone else why you guys didn't bring up the issue years ago?

This ball is in your court.

Yes and the past was the PAST! (referring to Byrd's)  As I stated people change!

By the way, also stated in the past, I don't vote a straight ticket.

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

White House says Trump's tan is the result of "good genes": report http://hill.cm/XMfspkg 

DydMso9W0AA_1il.jpg

The only genealogy I know that would give him darker skin is being mixed-race or part black.

Wouldn't it be funny if he took a DNA test, like Senator Warren, and found out 

--Like a local white doctor here in Northeast Kansas--

that he was a cousin of Barack Obama. LOL

Obama and the white doctor had the same Kansas white great great-grandfather.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

no, coming up is the national emergency declaration at the SOTU address.

A bunch of Lies will come out of the mouth of the Liar in Chief!  Winning in the minds of Trump and the Deplorables, not in real life.

43 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Yes and the past was the PAST! (referring to Byrd's)  As I stated people change!

By the way, also stated in the past, I don't vote a straight ticket.

TIMES have changed; people don't survive things that surface from their past, whether racist actions/comments, or sexual misconduct (unless you're a Republican apparently).  What was acceptable about a Democratic politician 20, even 10 years ago wouldn't fly now.  Bill Clinton would most likely not gotten the nomination in the Me Too age.  So what Robert Byrd got away with then wouldn't happen now, being a Democrat. 

As for research by reporters, unless they hear a rumor or something about someone's past, they have no reason to sift through everything available on every potential political candidate.  In Northam's case, his opponent Ed Gillespie's campaign did the opposition research, as is normal for these campaigns, but missed this, since they most likely never heard any rumors of this nature either.

One last thing, this guy was in medical school, in his mid-20s.  He should have known better.  Maybe he should become a Republican, whose definition of inclusion include having racists and sexual predators as their politicians.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

Foxconn not only backed out of the deal here but in mainland China and Brazil as well. (WE have control over what a company in Taiwan does??)

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jan/31/what-happened-to-foxconns-plan-to-build-a-10bn-factory-in-wisconsin

Don't worry China might declare war on Taiwan so you may get your revenge. 

On the other hand, this may turn out to be a blessing...our suicide rate is high enough. :blink:

Foxconn Holds Anti-Suicide Rally for Employees

https://www.tomshardware.co.uk/Foxconn-Suicides-China-Shenzhen-Rally-Terry-Gou,news-34090.html

Come on,  put on a happy face.

181ic4w3rwl9ijpg.jpg

Donald Trump has campaigned on keeping jobs from going overseas.  He touted this in his press conference next to Scott Walker and Paul Ryan to announce the Foxcomm deal.  Huge tax breaks were given to the company for this deal, as well as bending environmental and labor laws to make it happen.  So yes, they did what they could, and can do, to keep the jobs.  The story now is they all knew it was a con, but annouced it anyway, because they needed a "win".  

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Arturo said:

What was acceptable about a Democratic politician 20, even 10 years ago wouldn't fly now.  Bill Clinton would most likely not gotten the nomination in the Me Too age.

In today's atmosphere, Clinton would have had to drop out of the race, let alone not won the nomination.

1 hour ago, Arturo said:

Donald Trump has campaigned on keeping jobs from going overseas.  He touted this in his press conference next to Scott Walker and Paul Ryan to announce the Foxcomm deal.  Huge tax breaks were given to the company for this deal, as well as bending environmental and labor laws to make it happen.  So yes, they did what they could, and can do, to keep the jobs.  The story now is they all knew it was a con, but annouced it anyway, because they needed a "win".  

Uh, Taiwan is overseas, the plan was to do a reversal.  Companies will opt for cheap labor and bust unions. You do have a point, the con in Foxconn - ed

Give Trump at least credit for TRYING like with the Carrier (who's parent company United Technologies UTX), deal didn't panned out.  He can only do so much but it's up to the exec's of these corporations to keep jobs here instead of (out of the fore said greed) don't want to pay the livable wage salaries.

Foxconn’s long con

https://techcrunch.com/2017/07/28/foxconns-long-con/

Greed-and-economy.jpg

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

Uh, Taiwan is overseas, the plan was to do a reversal.  Companies will opt for cheap labor and bust unions. You do have a point, the con in Foxconn - ed

Give Trump at least credit for TRYING like with the Carrier (who's parent company United Technologies UTX), deal didn't panned out.  He can only do so much but it's up to the exec's of these corporations to keep jobs here instead of (out of the fore said greed) don't want to pay the livable wage salaries.

Foxconn’s long con

https://techcrunch.com/2017/07/28/foxconns-long-con/

Greed-and-economy.jpg

He can only do so much. LMREO

I'll tell you so much of what he's been doing-- He is one of the main businessmen in this country who is bringing illegals in to work in his Resort properties. They also built Trump Tower. trump has been at this Con for years.

Everybody in the United States knows that and the people who don't accept it well-- they must like Kool-Aid.

** And we don't even have time to talk about all the Russian women giving birth at his Resorts and hotels in America.

*But it's a crime in his mind for women who are not white and rich to try and do the same thing. LOL

***PLUS Throwing NATO and American Security out the window is a discussion for a later date if we survive to a later date.

But whatever happens, my conscience is clear because I know I didn't vote for him.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jakeem said:

12 hours ago, jakeem said:

"What is most troubling, say these officials and others in government and on Capitol Hill who have been briefed on the episodes, are Trump’s angry reactions when he is given information that contradicts positions he has taken or beliefs he holds."

And this ignorant man thinks he has the power to force others to agree with his stupidity.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, hamradio said:

So Trump (OR ANY PRESIDENT) can FORCE a company from shutting down, move overseas? :huh::blink:

Well, he's been campaigning on this very thing, before and after being elected, and has said that he's done this.  Just more lies to his base, who believe every utterance out of his mouth.

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

60% of Americans oppose Trump’s border wall

H-kJo1NK?format=jpg&name=600x314

The idea of Trump declaring a national emergency to build his border wall has "many Republicans shaking in their boots" because of the precedent it could set for future Democratic presidents, Sen. Tammy Baldwin said

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/04/baldwin-national-emergency-border-wall-1144878

_Zo4siH9?format=jpg&name=600x314

• Thanks 1

The most confounding thing about "Executive Time" is why the White House doesn't just refer to it as "Call Time" to shut everyone up. What, are they too honest to lie on the schedules?

Lazy Boy

• Haha 1

senator tammy's concern for the GOP is heartwarming. and I wouldn't be worrying about future democrat president's, I'd worry about RBG keeling over any moment and her party going absolutely bat**** nuts over it.

:lol:

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited for Language

9 hours ago, jakeem said:

Well... he was busy in executive time and all...

Trump broke the law requiring he send the budget to Congress by Monday

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/trump-broke-law-requiring-send-budget-congress-monday/

Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Donald Trump

6 hours ago, jakeem said:

56% of adults say they “definitely would not” vote to re-elect President Trump, a new ABC/Washington Post poll finds.

https://www.msnbc.com/hardball/watch/poll-56-of-adults-say-they-definitely-would-not-vote-for-trump-1437262403856?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma

61TuTbml?format=jpg&name=600x314

• Like 1

POTUS Schedule January 24, 2019

10:00 a.m. (3 hours)        Out to Lunch

1:00   p.m. (2 hours)        Really Out to Lunch

3:00   p.m. (3 hours)        Nappie time

6:00   p.m. (2 hours)        Out to dinner (Big Mac, Large Fries, Diet Coke)

8:00   p.m. (3 hours)        English grammar and spelling lessons

11:00 p.m. (11 hours)      Review Fox News highlights, wander aimlessly around White House,

ExLax time, compose early morning tweets and daily lies.

• Haha 2