Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NipkowDisc

The Triumph of Donald Trump

The United States will go down in human history as a country that impeached a president for lying about a fully consensual affair with an intern

but would not impeach a president who,
in two separate elections,
colluded with a foreign power against a political opponent.

Pathetic.
:huh:
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, mr6666 said:
The United States will go down in human history as a country that impeached a president for lying about a fully consensual affair with an intern

Pathetic.

He was impeached for lying about it under oath.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Pathetic.

As Gershwinfan already posted, Clinton was impeached for lying under oath (perjury) and also obstruction of justice.  Only two things that the Republican dominated House could get passed.  Then the Senate (55 GOP vs. 45 Dem) voted 55 against and 45 for perjury and then 50/50 on obstruction of justice.  The election that year, held while all this was going on, resulted in GOP losing 5 House seats and breaking even on Senate races.

So, bottom line, GOP could not even get a majority, much less a 2/3's vote to convict in a Senate they controlled. AND they lost seats in the House and gained none in the Senate.

and now the democrats will descend into a knee jerk impeachment reaction because of this biden ukraine nonsense so maybe this is how trump's reelection is guaranteed no facilitated.

democrats, we thank you. you continue to be so generous.

8 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

and now the democrats

Hey, did you used to have another account on here under the name "FlyBackTransformer"? 

• Haha 2

Mnuchin: “What I find inappropriate is at the time VP Biden’s son did significant biz in Ukraine & should be further investigated.”

@jaketapper: So it’s ok for Trump’s kids to do biz all over the world while Trump is POTUS?

Mnuchin: “I dont want to go more into these details.”

<_<

The U.S. Secretary of State endorses Rudy Giuliani’s efforts to seek help from a foreign government to investigate President Trump’s political opponent
=====================================

For reference, if the American public EVER sees a senior member of the military, intel community, or an Foreign Service Officer or State Department official
defending an elected official’s actions in a partisan way,
it’s a tell that something is amiss.
:unsure:
  • Sad 1

Israeli Arab Parties Said They Supported Netanyahu's Rival as 'Slap in the Face to Trump'

..........Joint List leader Ayman Odeh made history by endorsing Gantz to head the next government, while Ahmad Tibi, the head of Joint List party Arab Movement for Change, said the move to oust Netanyahu was made in part for diplomatic reasons.

"Our choice is a slap in the face to Trump and his ultimate deal," Tibi said in English, the Jerusalem Post reported Sunday.

"Mr. Trump, keep your deal. The Palestinians deserve a state of their own. Do you understand this?"......

Odeh told Israeli President Reuven Rivlin during new government consultations last week that the Arab parties are "looking for the way to prevent Netanyahu from being prime minister, and that is what most of the public wants. Therefore, our recommendation is for Gantz to form the next government." ........

https://www.newsweek.com/israeli-arab-joint-list-parties-slap-donald-trump-recommend-benny-gantz-prime-minister-1460655?utm_medium=Social&amp;utm_source=Twitter&amp;utm_campaign=NewsweekTwitter

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

Hey, did you used to have another account on here under the name "FlyBackTransformer"? 

I had no clue what you were talking about but I looked the guy up and their writing style is exactly the same.

1 minute ago, Gershwin fan said:

I had no clue what you were talking about but I looked the guy up and their writing style is exactly the same.

Someone I was unfamiliar with (mfarish) posted in a thread today, so I looked at their few other posts in the distant past (their last postings were in 2013) and in that same thread were several by "FlyBackTransformer", and I thought they sounded just like Nippy. I also noticed that FlyBack stopped posting before Nippy started. I was going to ask Nippy why he made a new account, as the old one didn't appear to be banned.

• Haha 1

Trump’s fast evolution on Ukraine call reflects a familiar pattern:

deny potential wrongdoing,

and then admit and justify it,

while declaring the discovery of said activity the real crime.

• Thanks 1

Simple facts about the Trump Ukraine affair:
1. Viktor Shokin was prosecutor general from February 2015 to March 2016. He was considered close to President Poroshenko & was considered utterly corrupt. He did not prosecute any high-level person....

6. "Bowing to pressure from international donors, the Ukrainian Parliament voted on Tuesday to remove a prosecutor general who had clung to power for months despite visible signs of corruption." (NYT). VP Joe Biden led a Western & domestic liberal Ukrainian consensus. ,,,,,,

9. That Joe Biden's son Hunter was a member of the board of Burisma was only a decoration of no significance. Neither Shokin nor Lutsenko had any credibility whatsoever as prosecutors as their dismal record showed.

Joe Biden's efforts to oust Shokin were universally praised. .....

• Thanks 1

Trump will hold session on religious persecution instead of attending UN climate summit

".......It's the latest evidence of Trump's isolation on the climate issue with his fellow world leaders. During the G7 summit in France, Trump skipped a session focused on climate change that all the other world leaders attended.

This time, he's missing an event that will feature dozens of world leaders delivering climate pledges in short remarks. Not every country in the UN was invited, and it's unlikely Trump would have been asked to speak even if he wanted to.....

:rolleyes:
  • Haha 2

·
8h

Remember, the goal of disinformation campaigns is not to win the argument,

but to suggest that there is no truth. Putin perfected this strategy.

Many around the world, including in the US, are now using Putin’s playbook.

The only defense — facts, evidence, data.
<_<
  • Thanks 1

·
8h

Zelensky can’t afford to alienate the United States. He is at war with Putin.

Please everyone remember this fact as you parse the words of the Ukrainian President and his government.

<_<
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

yeah, that was me.

:D

5 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

Someone I was unfamiliar with (mfarish) posted in a thread today, so I looked at their few other posts in the distant past (their last postings were in 2013) and in that same thread were several by "FlyBackTransformer", and I thought they sounded just like Nippy. I also noticed that FlyBack stopped posting before Nippy started. I was going to ask Nippy why he made a new account, as the old one didn't appear to be banned.

I forgot my password. besides FlybackTransformer I had maybe 2 or 3 other names and I forgot the passwords to those too.

:D

• Like 1

Question: if a special counsel was needed to determine Trump’s role in Russia’s attack on our election

how is that standard not exceeded when Trump directs Ukraine’s attack on our election?

How does Barr investigate if he’s blocking whistleblower complaint from Congress ?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Donald Trump vs. the United States of America

Just the facts, in 40 sentences.

"Sometimes it’s worth stepping back to look at the full picture....

He has pressured a foreign leader to interfere in the 2020 American presidential election.

He urged a foreign country to intervene in the 2016 presidential election.

He divulged classified information to foreign officials.

He publicly undermined American intelligence agents while standing next to a hostile foreign autocrat.

He hired a national security adviser who he knew had secretly worked as a foreign lobbyist.

He encourages foreign leaders to enrich him and his family by staying at his hotels.

He genuflects to murderous dictators.

He has alienated America’s closest allies.

He lied to the American people about his company’s business dealings in Russia.

He tells new lies virtually every week — about the economy, voter fraud, even the weather.

He spends hours on end watching television and days on end staying at resorts.

He often declines to read briefing books or perform other basic functions of a president’s job.

He has aides, as well as members of his own party in Congress, who mock him behind his back as unfit for office.....

He described white supremacists as “some very fine people.”

He told four women of color, all citizens and members of Congress, to “go back and help fix the totally broken and crime-infested places from which they came.”

He made a joke about Pocahontas during a ceremony honoring Native American World War II veterans.

He launched his political career by falsely claiming that the first black president was not really American.

He launched his presidential campaign by describing Mexicans as “rapists.”

He has described women, variously, as “a dog,” “a pig” and “horseface,” as well as “bleeding badly from a facelift” and having “blood coming out of her wherever.”

He has been accused of sexual assault or misconduct by multiple women...........

He made his fortune partly through wide-scale financial fraud.

He has refused to release his tax returns.

He falsely accused his predecessor of wiretapping him.

He claimed that federal law-enforcement agents and prosecutors regularly fabricated evidence, thereby damaging the credibility of criminal investigations across the country.

He has ordered children to be physically separated from their parents.

He has suggested that America is no different from or better than Vladimir Putin’s Russia.

He has called America a “hellhole.”

He is the president of the United States, and he is a threat to virtually everything that the United States should stand for.

see all: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/22/opinion/trump-ukraine-whistle-blower.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/21/2019 at 9:31 PM, mr6666 said:

Pathetic.

AGREED!

On 9/22/2019 at 8:49 PM, mr6666 said:

Trump will hold session on religious persecution instead of attending UN climate summit

".......It's the latest evidence of Trump's isolation on the climate issue with his fellow world leaders. During the G7 summit in France, Trump skipped a session focused on climate change that all the other world leaders attended.

This time, he's missing an event that will feature dozens of world leaders delivering climate pledges in short remarks. Not every country in the UN was invited, and it's unlikely Trump would have been asked to speak even if he wanted to.....

:rolleyes:

Yeah, he spent all of 15 mins at the Climate Summit and didnt speak. Then had the NERVE to poke fun of that Swedish teenager activist.

• Sad 2

On 9/22/2019 at 5:52 PM, mr6666 said:

Mnuchin: “What I find inappropriate is at the time VP Biden’s son did significant biz in Ukraine & should be further investigated.”

@jaketapper: So it’s ok for Trump’s kids to do biz all over the world while Trump is POTUS?

Mnuchin: “I dont want to go more into these details.”

<_<

LMREO!!!! What a joke!

• Haha 1