Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Triumph of Donald Trump

And now see Nav Sec Spencer’s resignation letter:

“I no longer share the same understanding with the Commander in Chief who appointed me, in regards to the key principle of good order and discipline.I cannot in good conscience obey an order that I believe violates the scared oath I took”

:o
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

This morning, disgraced Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher spoke against his chain-of-command live on Fox News.

He insulted them and challenged his own Admiral,

accusing him of insubordination.

These statements alone are grounds for him being discharged from the Navy.

:o  :unsure:

Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher Accuses Official of 'Meddling' in War Crime Case, Suggests It's 'All About Ego'

Gallagher mocked his accusers and detractors, including Navy Rear Admiral Collin Green, whom he called "insubordinate" and having too much "ego."

Gallagher said he plans to expose next week how the Secretary of the Navy, Richard Spencer, was "meddling in my case and trying to get organizations not to support me." ...........

https://www.newsweek.com/navy-seal-eddie-gallagher-fox-friends-accuses-secretary-meddling-thanks-trump-war-crimes-trident-1473753?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=NewsweekTwitter&utm_source=Twitter

<_<

• Sad 2
6 hours ago, jakeem said:

The plot thickens.

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Pentagon Chief Asks For Navy Secretary’s Resignation Over SEAL’s Disciplinary Case

Defense Secretary Mark Esper said he no longer trusts Richard Spencer, the head of the Navy.
"........

A statement from the Pentagon said Spencer has lost the trust of the defense secretary.

“Secretary of Defense Mark T. Esper has asked for the resignation of Secretary of the Navy Richard Spencer after losing trust & confidence in him regarding his lack of candor over conversations with the White House involving the handling of Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher,” the statement said.

Gallagher was demoted after being convicted for posing with a corpse in a photograph while serving in Iraq. He was charged with multiple other counts, including shooting civilians. The naval officer has since become a darling of the conservative movement, making appearances across right-wing media leading up to and since Trump’s decision to reverse his demotion.....

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/esper-spencer-gallagher-trump-navy-seal-war-crimes_n_5ddb02b1e4b00149f71eaa03?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

This is getting very confusing.  Some sources imply that Spencer and Trump were in agreement and that Esper fired Spencer for going over his head.  Yet Spencer's resignation letter does not indicate that he and Trump were in agreement.

This morning, disgraced Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher spoke against his chain-of-command live on Fox News.

He insulted them and challenged his own Admiral,

accusing him of insubordination.

These statements alone are grounds for him being discharged from the Navy.

:o  :unsure:

Travis Akers:  "These statements alone are grounds for him [Gallagher] being discharged from the Navy."

I looked up Akers.  Apparently he another person with opinions and a Twitter account.  What is his military background and UCMJ expertise?

Regardless,  Chief Gallagher's right to free speech was not removed when he enlisted in the Navy.  He might be subject to disciplinary actions, but I do not believe the UCMJ would warrant discharge.

Incidentally, I believe Gallagher should be reduced in rank, lose his coveted SEALS status and be discharged/retired for his actions.

I just read a response in which Eddie Gallagher was referred to as #E7Eddie.
That is a perfect hashtag.

If you don’t understand the difference between being called an E-7 and a Chief, then please ask someone who has worn the anchors.
:huh:

see my comment above re: Mr. Akers.

As for E-7 vs. Chief, both are appropriate.  However, E-7 is a pay grade, not a rank and therefore not an appropriate title.  But, people in the military use pay grades because it is easier.  Particularly considering the wide variety in ranks in the different services.  Examples: multiple kinds of chiefs, sergeants, admirals, generals, commanders, colonels, etc.

For example, in the Army you can refer to an E-5, E-6 and E-7 as sergeant.  An E-8 would be referred to as master sergeant or first sergeant.  This is also why the news media often refers to generals and admirals by the number of stars they have rather than rank or pay grade.

Regardless, despite Mr. Akers' opinion,  Gallagher is Chief Gallagher or CPO Gallagher.  An official Navy website on enlisted ranks shows that E-7 is Chief Petty Officer (CPO).  Therefore, he is a "Chief."  Until the Navy reduces his rank.

The important thing is that Trump should stay the hell out of military discipline, especially for what borders on war crimes.  If the Navy thought it was important enough to discipline him, there was a very, very substantial reason for it.  The military does not take these types of actions lightly at all.

As for Gallagher, he should retire if he wants to go on talk shows and begin his audition for next careers.

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

total game changer ... easy victory for trumpus ...

what the dems will never appreciate is black americans can appreciate a white guy warts and all being honest with them compared to all the lying BS liberal democrats have been feeding them for 50 years.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

what the dems will never appreciate is black americans can appreciate a white guy warts and all being honest with them compared to all the lying BS liberal democrats have been feeding them for 50 years.

Donald Trump and the word “Honest” can only go together with the prefix: “Dis-honest!”  And this is the understatement of the century!

• Haha 3
21 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher Accuses Official of 'Meddling' in War Crime Case, Suggests It's 'All About Ego'

Gallagher mocked his accusers and detractors, including Navy Rear Admiral Collin Green, whom he called "insubordinate" and having too much "ego."

Gallagher said he plans to expose next week how the Secretary of the Navy, Richard Spencer, was "meddling in my case and trying to get organizations not to support me." ...........

https://www.newsweek.com/navy-seal-eddie-gallagher-fox-friends-accuses-secretary-meddling-thanks-trump-war-crimes-trident-1473753?utm_medium=Social&amp;utm_campaign=NewsweekTwitter&amp;utm_source=Twitter

<_<

This guy should be kicked out of the service. Instead he gets rewarded!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, jakeem said:

Matt Bevin is is a guy that trump made a special appearance rally for and begged everyone to vote for him.

Another trumpster showing his true colors.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, jakeem said:

_keVTvJe_bigger.jpg

Putin is a former KGB operative, and it shows. He learned during the Cold War how to use disinformation and propaganda to exploit weak spots in Western democracies. Now he's showing he is a master of his craft. wsj.com/articles/putins-good-year-keeps-getting-better-11574696041?shareToken=st731edcf051af48a2a3450ed3d7c18243 via @WSJ

6:02 PM · Nov 25, 2019·Twitter Web Client

It's not that Putin's so great--

it's just that the president of the United States is Silly Putty in his hands.

I can't imagine any other president in my lifetime who would do the bidding of a Russian leader.

That will be the top title subject in all the history books on trump--

" US President Controlled By The Kremlin "

• Sad 1
16 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Matt Bevin is is a guy that trump made a special appearance rally for and begged everyone to vote for him.

Another trumpster showing his true colors.

Nice

11 hours ago, jakeem said:

This could be the start of something big.

18 hours ago, Hibi said:

This guy [Chief Petty Officer Gallagher] should be kicked out of the service. Instead he gets rewarded!

Not sure where CPO Gallagher is being rewarded, other than by Fox News, Trumpists and their cohorts.  Of course, he will land some cushy, big paying speaking engagements and maybe a job after he leaves the service.

While the "crime" for which he was convicted does warrant punishment, being kicked out of the Navy is not one of them. His US Navy Special Warfare Badge (SEALS badge, which is not really a "pin") can be revoked by the proper military authority.  Personally I am not sure the president has the authority to re-instate it.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2015/01/18/your-awards-and-badges-can-be-revoked-for-misconduct/

This is similar to the Ollie North situation wherein he was convicted (post retirement from the Marines) for his actions during Reagan Administration's Iran-Contra illegal activities.  Ollie North blatantly obstructed the intent of Congress and the law, but his conviction was set aside by the courts (2/3 Reagan appointees).  Thereby restoring his pension and other retirement benefits.

IMO, North was far guiltier than Gallagher, but Gallagher was guilty of poor judgement and conduct unbecoming, as well as detrimental to the mission of the SEALS and US Military in Iraq.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1991-09-17-mn-2756-story.html

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, TheCid said:

Not sure where CPO Gallagher is being rewarded, other than by Fox News, Trumpists and their cohorts.  Of course, he will land some cushy, big paying speaking engagements and maybe a job after he leaves the service.

While the "crime" for which he was convicted does warrant punishment, being kicked out of the Navy is not one of them. His US Navy Special Warfare Badge (SEALS badge, which is not really a "pin") can be revoked by the proper military authority.  Personally I am not sure the president has the authority to re-instate it.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2015/01/18/your-awards-and-badges-can-be-revoked-for-misconduct/

This is similar to the Ollie North situation wherein he was convicted (post retirement from the Marines) for his actions during Reagan Administration's Iran-Contra illegal activities.  Ollie North blatantly obstructed the intent of Congress and the law, but his conviction was set aside by the courts (2/3 Reagan appointees).  Thereby restoring his pension and other retirement benefits.

IMO, North was far guiltier than Gallagher, but Gallagher was guilty of poor judgement and conduct unbecoming, as well as detrimental to the mission of the SEALS and US Military in Iraq.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1991-09-17-mn-2756-story.html

YEP! I'm sure that's what will happen ala Ollie North.....So it's ok for a serviceman to go on newshows and bash his superior officers???? Isn't that insubordination? He doesnt have to worry as DUMP loves him!

15 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

It's not that Putin's so great--

it's just that the president of the United States is Silly Putty in his hands.

I can't imagine any other president in my lifetime who would do the bidding of a Russian leader.

That will be the top title subject in all the history books on trump--

" US President Controlled By The Kremlin "

“I Was a Useful Idiot for the KGB!”

• Sad 1