Jump to content

 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NipkowDisc

The Triumph of Donald Trump

Recommended Posts

 
 
#BREAKING: Trump administration announces plans to roll back Michelle Obama's school lunch rules on her birthday
 
"........Under the new rules, schools would be allowed to reduce the number of fruits and vegetables required at each meal. The latest change follows a 2019 rollback of restrictions on milk and sodium content in school lunches.

Critics said the change will pave the way for greasier, more unhealthy foods such as pizza, french fries and burgers.

"[It] would create a huge loophole in school nutrition guidelines, paving the way for children to choose pizza, burgers, french fries and other foods high in calories, saturated fat or sodium in place of balanced school meals every day,”...

 
 
=============================================
 
ANYthing Obama BAD....... :rolleyes:
 
& let's keep them FAT & IGNORANT  <_<
 
giphy.gif
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

David Mark OP:  The GOP's Senate impeachment trial strategy got blown up by Trump's legal team — for good reason

The political grenade Trump threw by announcing his defense counsel star power might not be the approach Republicans wanted. But it just might be the winning one.

"........The Senate impeachment trial was always going to draw attention whether McConnell liked it or not. Stacking his legal team with superstar figures gives Trump more control of the theatrics and narrative of the trial. And if nothing else, the president is a master of using the media to change the storyline to promote his ends........

It’s true that as Trump’s impeachment trial gets underway in earnest, this play-to-the-cameras strategy is a huge gamble. Even at this late date, Democratic House members are producing new evidence (such as.a batch of documents released Friday night raising allegations of surveillance by Trump-associated thugs against the ousted U.S. ambassador to Ukraine).

There’s also the wildcard of Chief Justice John Roberts, sworn in Thursday to preside over the proceedings..........

Whether it’s what the Founders intended when they considered how to deal with a rogue president, Trump’s Senate impeachment trial figures to be as much a public spectacle as a solemn dispensing of duty. Any time that’s the case, it works to Trump’s advantage. At least so far. "

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/gop-s-senate-impeachment-trial-strategy-got-blown-trump-s-ncna1118396

:unsure:

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, mr6666 said:

:)

What senators arrive in DC on the train (if any)?  Regardless, it doesn't mean a thing.  They all know how they are going to vote in the end.  Only question is whether or not the Dems can get four GOPers to side with them on calling witnesses and introducing new evidence.  Doubtful in my opinion.

Interestingly, Mitt Romney may be a wild card as he may not run for re-election at age 76.  Of course Ol' Strom stayed in until he was 100.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2020 at 5:30 PM, mr6666 said:

David Mark OP:  The GOP's Senate impeachment trial strategy got blown up by Trump's legal team — for good reason

The political grenade Trump threw by announcing his defense counsel star power might not be the approach Republicans wanted. But it just might be the winning one.

"........The Senate impeachment trial was always going to draw attention whether McConnell liked it or not. Stacking his legal team with superstar figures gives Trump more control of the theatrics and narrative of the trial. And if nothing else, the president is a master of using the media to change the storyline to promote his ends........

It’s true that as Trump’s impeachment trial gets underway in earnest, this play-to-the-cameras strategy is a huge gamble. Even at this late date, Democratic House members are producing new evidence (such as.a batch of documents released Friday night raising allegations of surveillance by Trump-associated thugs against the ousted U.S. ambassador to Ukraine).

There’s also the wildcard of Chief Justice John Roberts, sworn in Thursday to preside over the proceedings..........

Whether it’s what the Founders intended when they considered how to deal with a rogue president, Trump’s Senate impeachment trial figures to be as much a public spectacle as a solemn dispensing of duty. Any time that’s the case, it works to Trump’s advantage. At least so far. "

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/gop-s-senate-impeachment-trial-strategy-got-blown-trump-s-ncna1118396

:unsure:

 

you should have some extra-strength Tylenol on hand for the afternoon trump is acquitted.:D

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WHY TRUMP HAS A HUGE ADVANTAGE OVER DEMS WITH LOW-INFORMATION VOTERS

Trump stumbled into understanding something crucial about the electorate, which is this: There are plenty of divisions in our conventional wisdom—insider versus outsider, progressive versus moderate, young versus old—but one of the biggest splits in American politics is simply between those who follow politics closely and those who do not.

It’s a split that maps, if not perfectly, onto the gap that emerged between college and non-college educated voters in 2016. The latter set are often low-information voters who view politicians and media with contempt, deciding to sit elections out. Trump has exploited them to powerful effect. The president has made politics about culture—not just policy. He found a way to attract new voters, particularly rural and non-college educated whites who previously thumbed their nose at conventional politics. Because he’s a pure attention merchant, he doesn’t care what screen he appears on, as long he is there. Because he lacks an ounce of shame, it all works, with or without the blessing of the legacy press.

None of the above can be said for Democrats, who care habitually about the good graces of the national press, and who don’t see politics as a subspecies of the entertainment business.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/01/why-trump-has-huge-advantage-over-democrats-low-information-voters

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, noah80 said:

WHY TRUMP HAS A HUGE ADVANTAGE OVER DEMS WITH LOW-INFORMATION VOTERS

Trump stumbled into understanding something crucial about the electorate, which is this: There are plenty of divisions in our conventional wisdom—insider versus outsider, progressive versus moderate, young versus old—but one of the biggest splits in American politics is simply between those who follow politics closely and those who do not.

It’s a split that maps, if not perfectly, onto the gap that emerged between college and non-college educated voters in 2016. The latter set are often low-information voters who view politicians and media with contempt, deciding to sit elections out. Trump has exploited them to powerful effect. The president has made politics about culture—not just policy. He found a way to attract new voters, particularly rural and non-college educated whites who previously thumbed their nose at conventional politics. Because he’s a pure attention merchant, he doesn’t care what screen he appears on, as long he is there. Because he lacks an ounce of shame, it all works, with or without the blessing of the legacy press.

None of the above can be said for Democrats, who care habitually about the good graces of the national press, and who don’t see politics as a subspecies of the entertainment business.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/01/why-trump-has-huge-advantage-over-democrats-low-information-voters

 These 'low-information" voters--

is that just a euphemism for people who are too stupid or too lazy to find out what's going on--

Preferring to wallow in their own ignorance and enjoying the lies that trump spends because they suit their own Limited way of thinking.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, noah80 said:

WHY TRUMP HAS A HUGE ADVANTAGE OVER DEMS WITH LOW-INFORMATION VOTERS

Trump stumbled into understanding something crucial about the electorate, which is this: There are plenty of divisions in our conventional wisdom—insider versus outsider, progressive versus moderate, young versus old—but one of the biggest splits in American politics is simply between those who follow politics closely and those who do not.

It’s a split that maps, if not perfectly, onto the gap that emerged between college and non-college educated voters in 2016. The latter set are often low-information voters who view politicians and media with contempt, deciding to sit elections out. Trump has exploited them to powerful effect. The president has made politics about culture—not just policy. He found a way to attract new voters, particularly rural and non-college educated whites who previously thumbed their nose at conventional politics. Because he’s a pure attention merchant, he doesn’t care what screen he appears on, as long he is there. Because he lacks an ounce of shame, it all works, with or without the blessing of the legacy press.

None of the above can be said for Democrats, who care habitually about the good graces of the national press, and who don’t see politics as a subspecies of the entertainment business.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/01/why-trump-has-huge-advantage-over-democrats-low-information-voters

This post does belong in this thread:  The Triumph of Donald Trump.      Since the battleground states that decide the election have enough such "low information voters" to impact the outcome,   the Dems need to come up with a strategy to overcome this in those states instead of crying about it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2020 at 5:42 PM, mr6666 said:
 
 
#BREAKING: Trump administration announces plans to roll back Michelle Obama's school lunch rules on her birthday
 
"........Under the new rules, schools would be allowed to reduce the number of fruits and vegetables required at each meal. The latest change follows a 2019 rollback of restrictions on milk and sodium content in school lunches.

Critics said the change will pave the way for greasier, more unhealthy foods such as pizza, french fries and burgers.

"[It] would create a huge loophole in school nutrition guidelines, paving the way for children to choose pizza, burgers, french fries and other foods high in calories, saturated fat or sodium in place of balanced school meals every day,”...

 
 
=============================================
 
ANYthing Obama BAD....... :rolleyes:
 
& let's keep them FAT & IGNORANT  <_<
 
that's right, dems are the true control freaks who would deny free americans pizza,  French fries and burgers.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michelle Obama's  'When they go low, we go high' slogan is probably not going to work with LOW-INFORMATION VOTERS

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, noah80 said:

Michelle Obama: 'When they go low, we go high' slogan is probably not going to work with LOW-INFORMATION VOTERS

Hillary Clinton calling them deplorable didn't work either.       The only Dem candidate that has a chance of appealing to low-information voters is Biden.

That isn't a complement of Biden or a criticism of the other candidates (e.g. Warren,  who is viewed by even fellow Dems as coming off as elites).   

Biden is called uncle Joe for a reason and like an uncle can appeal to low information voters like a uncle can appeal to low information nieces  and nephews (verses their parents).   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP from 'The Sacramento Bee'...........

"Devin Nunes’ Ukraine lies are a betrayal.

Voters in his district deserve better....

 

"..........For months, Nunes has acted as Trump’s attack dog, defending the president from accusations that he pressured Ukraine to investigate Biden. Nunes sat in House Intelligence Committee meetings and derided the impeachment proceedings against Trump as a “hoax.” Yet he was sitting on a ticking time bomb the entire time. The newly-released texts prove texts prove that Nunes’ staff also engaged in secret efforts to damage Biden.

 

Nunes knew the Ukraine allegations were true because his office was involved in the same plot. But he used his position in Congress as a platform to spread lies and mislead the public. During an interview with Fox News last year, Nunes denied any memory of a phone conversation with Parnas. Now that evidence has proven that Parnas spoke the truth, Nunes has backtracked. During a Fox News appearance on Friday, he admitted to a call with Parnas but sought to downplay its significance........

Devin Nunes has betrayed the truth, betrayed the trust of voters and, quite possibly, betrayed our country.

We don’t know exactly where this new evidence will lead, or what fate has in store for Nunes, but we kw o this: The people of California’s 22nd congressional district deserve better."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why can't high schoolers enjoy good eats in the cafeteria like fries, burgers and coke? I still remember the enjoyment of eating burgers, fries with coke during my free periods.

liberals think cafeterias are suppose to be like strip mall food courts. so cafeterias need to offer big fat juicy hamburgers with plenty of lettuce and tomatoes.

eating in a high school cafeteria should be an enjoyable experience. in my high school cafeteria there were vending machines and I was always buying Goldberg's peanut chews.

:)

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump Tax Cut Hands $32 Billion Windfall to America’s Top Banks

By
January 16, 2020, 11:12 AM CST
  • Top banks saved $18 billion in 2019, even more than prior year
  • Meanwhile lending slowed, job cuts mounted and dividends rose

 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-16/trump-tax-cut-hands-32-billion-windfall-to-america-s-top-banks?cmpid%3D=socialflow-twitter-politics&utm_content=politics&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic

 

giphy.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'**** in the wind': Why not a single Republican is poised to vote to convict Trump

Republican voters’ overwhelming opposition to impeachment and aggressive maneuvering by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell are conspiring to deliver President Trump a unanimous GOP vote of acquittal at his trial in the Senate.

That Senate Republicans are on track to acquit Trump and shield him from expulsion was not in doubt as the trial adjudicating two articles of impeachment opened on Tuesday. But, as House Democratic prosecutors and the White House defense team began litigating charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress, McConnell’s push for unity and grassroots loyalty to Trump were moving Senate Republicans behind the scenes toward unanimous acquittal.

“It wouldn’t surprise me to have all 53 Republicans” acquit, Sen. Josh Hawley of Missouri told the Washington Examiner. “If we’re voting based on the evidence, I think, clearly, we vote to acquit.”

>> https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/****-in-the-wind-why-not-a-single-republican-is-poised-to-vote-to-convict-trump?utm_source=Examiner Today_01/22/2020&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WEX_Examiner Today&rid=15796546

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

Nothing new here.    What will be "new" is if these same disgruntled black Americans get out and vote for the white Dem candidate.    Booker or Harris need to be the V.P. candidate so they can walk the streets in black communities in the 8 battleground states.       Spend 90% of their time just in those states with small town-halls and going  door-to-door if necessary.     These communities have been ignored  and it will take that type of outreach to increase voter turnout to Obama type numbers.     Help us defeat Trump!!!! 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Trump won't get 34% of the black vote after all.   :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Justice Roberts Sternly Admonishes Impeachment Participants To Remember They’re At Complete Farce Of A Trial

......... “As you address members of this deliberative body, please bear in mind that nothing you say or do will have any effect on the completely predetermined outcome of these proceedings,” said Roberts, exhorting the two sides to go ahead and establish facts, promulgate lies, cite the Constitution, or engage in purely cynical bad-faith arguments, because none of it really mattered anyway.

“I wish to remind you this trial is a hollow exercise of decorum with no possibility of achieving productive results of any kind. We’re just going through the motions here, we all know how it is going to end, so let’s at least try to keep it brief.” At press time, the chief justice had commended both sides for heeding his admonition and working to keep the monumental miscarriage of justice running smoothly. ......

https://politics.theonion.com/justice-roberts-sternly-admonishes-impeachment-particip-1841162643?utm_source=Twitter&utm_content=Main&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=SF

 

(Onion satire.......sort of   :rolleyes:  <_<

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy
×
×
  • Create New...