Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NipkowDisc

The Triumph of Donald Trump

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

hmykwNMD_bigger.jpg

Trump distances himself from his own former acting Navy secretary Thomas Modley after his resignation: "I've heard -- I don't know him -- he was a very good man. ... I don't know him. I didn't speak to him."

6:06 PM · Apr 7, 2020·Twitter Web App

Does trump think that all the American people are as dumb as the Fox audience?

He needs to get a new script on that one.

We all know it by heart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pro-Trumpers now arguing it's somehow wrong to attribute deaths to COVID if the deceased suffered other health troubles too.

By this logic, we could reduce the tally of gun deaths.

Yes, the victim was hit by a bullet. But she might have bled less if not for her hypertension!

<_<
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hospitals say feds are seizing masks and other coronavirus supplies without a word

.........Hospital and clinic officials in seven states described the seizures in interviews over the past week. The Federal Emergency Management Agency is not publicly reporting the acquisitions, despite the outlay of millions of dollars of taxpayer money, nor has the administration detailed how it decides which supplies to seize and where to reroute them.

Officials who’ve had materials seized also say they’ve received no guidance from the government about how or if they will get access to the supplies they ordered. That has stoked concerns about how public funds are being spent and whether the Trump administration is fairly distributing scarce medical supplies. ..........

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-04-07/hospitals-washington-seize-coronavirus-supplies

<_<

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Bogie56 said:
The New Yorker

Trump Optimistic About Winning Nobel Prize in Medicine

borowitz-andy.png
April 6, 2020

U.S. President Donald Trump attends a Coronavirus Task Force news conference. Photograph by Yuri Gripas / Abaca / Bloomberg / Getty

WASHINGTON, D.C. (The Borowitz Report)—Calling it an “amazing accomplishment,” Donald J. Trump said on Monday that he believes that he is the “clear favorite” to win this year’s Nobel Prize in Medicine.

Trump said that he was a “lock” to win the Nobel because of his pioneering work in prescribing the drug hydroxychloroquine.

“I’ve been talking about hydroxychloroquine so much that a lot of people think I invented it,” Trump said. “You have to give the Nobel to someone who invents a major drug like that.”

He dismissed any claim that his lack of medical credentials disqualifies him from winning the Nobel Prize in Medicine.

“Just the opposite,” he said. “The fact that I’m not a doctor makes my ability to prescribe drugs that much more impressive.”

Trump said that he hoped the Nobel committee would be a “hell of a lot more fair” about giving out the Nobel in Medicine than they were in bestowing the Nobel Peace Prize.

“I did peace, I did peace great, and I didn’t get the Peace Prize,” Trump said. “If I don’t get the Medicine Prize, then the whole Nobel business is rigged.”

He revealed that his medical discoveries had “blown away” the doctors on the White House Coronavirus Task Force.

“When I tell Tony Fauci some of the stuff I’ve come up with, he just shakes his head,” Trump said.

When you got a president like trump,  you don't even need an enemy like Putin.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, jakeem said:

28a_ytJJ_bigger.jpg

As the coronavirus has engulfed his presidency, Trump has grown insular and paranoid, retreating to the comfort zones he’s enjoyed at other scandal points in office and lashing out against perceived foes with a mix of defiance and impetuousness

7:18 AM · Apr 8, 2020·SocialFlow

19 hours ago, jakeem said:

OL9C6H18_bigger.jpg

"In four days, Trump has fired one inspector general tied to his impeachment, castigated another he felt was overly critical of the coronavirus response and sidelined a third meant to safeguard against wasteful spending of the coronavirus funds"

5:50 PM · Apr 7, 2020·Twitter Web App

Unhinged

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jakeem said:

y6yTzWn6_bigger.png

Even as the country confronts the greatest disruption to daily life since WWII, a series of new polls released this week show Trump’s approval ratings plateauing in the mid-40s

9:15 PM · Apr 8, 2020·Hootsuite Inc.

A majority of Americans are rejecting trump's handling of the coronavirus pandemic and don't want to Rally Around the Flagpole with him.

• Like 1

What a embarrassing JOKE Barr has become!!

:lol:  :rolleyes:   <_<

• Haha 1

More than 16.8 million Americans have lost their jobs in the past three weeks alone.

Meanwhile, the S&P 500 is on pace to have its best weekly performance since 2008.

If that doesn't convince you that the stock market is NO T a reflection of the economy, I don't know what will.

:unsure:

10 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Fauci Urges Non-Essential Worker to Go Home

borowitz-andy.png
April 3, 2020

President Donald Trump departs after the daily coronavirus briefing. Photograph by Win McNamee / Getty

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Dr. Anthony Fauci has urged a non-essential employee of the White House Coronavirus Task Force to go home immediately, Fauci confirmed on Friday.

Speaking to reporters, the esteemed virologist said that he made the decision to expel the worker for “the health and safety of others.”

“He said that he felt fine coming to work every day,” Fauci said. “I told him, ‘You may feel fine, but by coming into work you are endangering the lives of countless others.’ ”

Fauci said that his decision to send the non-essential worker home was based on the most recent scientific findings.

“What we’re learning is that breathing and talking can put lives in jeopardy, and this one worker did more breathing and talking than anyone else on the team,” he said.

The employee is expected to spend fourteen hours a day in isolation watching television, a two-hour increase from his normal routine.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Trump Practicing Distancing from All His Prior Statements About the Coronavirus

borowitz-andy.png
April 1, 2020

President Donald Trump Photograph by Mandel Ngan / Getty

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Issuing a new distancing guideline on Wednesday, Donald Trump said that he was now practicing distancing from all of his previous statements about the coronavirus.

“As of today, I will be keeping a great distance between myself and anything I said about covid-19 in the months of January, February, and March,” he said. “I will be staying at least six feet away from those statements, and probably more like ten thousand feet.”

Trump said that he could not predict how long his new practice of distancing would continue, but indicated, “Next week, I will probably be distancing myself from things I said this week. This could go on for a long time.”

He urged all Americans to distance themselves from his previous statements, as well. “If you’re watching CNN or MSNBC and they start showing things I said in February, leave the room immediately,” he advised.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the esteemed virologist, expressed approval of Trump’s new policy. “Personally, I have been distancing myself from his statements for months,” he said.

It's a hoax.

• Haha 1

Trump calls the virus "a brilliant enemy."
He adds, "Antibiotics used to solve every problem" but now "the germ has gotten so brilliant that the antibiotic can't keep up with it."

He adds, "There's a whole genius to it." He adds of the virus, "It's hidden, but it's very smart."

:blink:
==================================

D Villella

@dvillella

·

He's such a genius, he doesn't know that

antibiotics are for bacterial infections.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, his uncle was a researcher, and he has a feeling
— kind of an inborn genius — for medicine.

:rolleyes:
  • Haha 1

Among those pushing the president to reopen the economy is Marc Short, the VP's chief of staff,

who says the modeling is off,

there will be fewer deaths than expected & that the United States has already overreacted.

POTUS likes the argument...

<_<
  • Sad 1

A fight over data infiltrates Trumpworld's response to coronavirus

Coronavirus modeling has become the latest partisan flash point.

"........The advancing narrative is more than an academic lament, carrying significant implications not only for the debate over the reopening of the economy, but for the reelection of President Donald Trump. Democrats have pummeled Trump for his initial response to the pandemic and expect a cratering economy to work against him in November.

In shifting blame to the models, conservatives are suggesting an alternative place to put fault.

“It is worth asking, is it not … would our response have been less damaging to the economy, and to the lives of all of you, millions of Americans, if we had had more accurate models from the start?” Laura Ingraham said on Fox, as the chyron beneath her asked, “Did flawed projections tank the economy?”.....

.........“There’s some real disingenuousness behind some of these critiques … It’s a little bit like the logic of the anti-vaccine movement … which is, no one gets measles anymore, why are we all still taking the silly vaccine?”.........

........“They’re setting [Trump] up to be the hero on deaths, the victim on money.”.........

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/10/trump-coronavirus-data-modeling-179226

-Yeah........what ever the crisis, .... .it's ALWAYS gotta be somebody else's  FAULT   :blink:

• Thanks 1

asks Fauci about idea that coronavirus death count has been inflated,

as right-wing media has argued:

“There is absolutely no evidence that that’s the case at all,” Fauci said, adding

that such "conspiracy theories" are "very unfortunate"

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

BREAKING: CNN did not air Trump’s press conference live today

:)

trump is doing nothing but a partisan political rally speech anyway and they should give the journalists time to do the fact-checking in the wake of a pandemic.

• Like 1

he should get the nobel prize for medicine. years ago trump got criticized for never shaking hands.

there's the reason.

he has long been concerned with infectious germs other than democrats.

:D

U.S. President Donald Trump attends a Coronavirus Task Force news conference.

• Haha 1

On 4/8/2020 at 1:09 PM, noah80 said:

TT.jpg

Billionaire president donald trump is poised to Follow in the Footsteps of " a chicken in every pot" Herbert Hoover.

Hopefully trump hasn't also set up the United States to be poised to go into another great depression like Herbert Hoover did.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, jakeem said:

kUuht00m_bigger.jpg

Watching @FoxNews on weekend afternoons is a total waste of time. We now have some great alternatives, like @OANN.

5:53 PM · Apr 11, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

35 minutes ago, jakeem said:

xJ3Me1KK_bigger.jpg

A helpful reminder that no amount of deference and support will ever be enough. He always needs more.

6:02 PM · Apr 11, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

That's why a number of American psychiatrists have called him a narcissistic sociopath.

• Like 1

Trump leaves trail of unmet promises in coronavirus response-

".........Concerning ventilators, for example, Trump recently allowed: “A lot of them will be coming at a time when we won’t need them as badly.”

Two weeks ago, Trump brought word of an innovative diagnostic test that can produce results in minutes instead of days or a week. The U.S. testing system, key to containing the spread of infection, has been a failure in the crunch, as public health authorities (but never Trump) acknowledged in March. The rapid test could help change that.

Like other glimmers of hope that may or may not come to something, Trump held out these tests as a “whole new ballgame.” The new machines and testing cartridges are being sent across the country, and may well hold promise. But they are not ready for actual use in large numbers.......

still vastly insufficient capacity to test people is steered mostly to those who are already sick or to essential workers at the most risk of exposure.

If you’re sick with presumed COVID-19 but riding it out at home, chances are you haven’t been tested. If you worry that you’ve been exposed and might be carrying and spreading the virus but so far feel fine, you’re generally off the radar as well........

Within three weeks of China’s New Year’s Eve notification to global health authorities about a mysterious cluster of pneumonia cases, China had sequenced the genetic makeup of the virus, German scientists had developed a test for detecting it and the World Health Organization had adopted the test and was moving toward global distribution.

Ten days behind, officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention bypassed the WHO test and sponsored their own, which was flawed out of the gate. Trump said the WHO test was flawed, but it wasn’t.

Precious time was lost.......

WHERE’S THE MONEY?

“This will deliver urgently needed relief,” Trump said in signing an economic rescue package into law. The need may be urgent but the delivery hasn’t been.

More than two weeks later, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said with some exaggeration, but not much, that “no money has gone out the door yet.”

Because of the bureaucracy.

Because of website glitches.

Because of confusion among lenders with the money to farm out and among those who need it to keep their businesses afloat......

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/trump-leaves-trail-of-unmet-promises-in-coronavirus-response?fbclid=IwAR3VsTBoTcK1t5s451EHeuZOvxGyQPdXNBnGjz6a_bCoPNOkIIgmCe3W3ic

:(

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Fauci Refuses to Say When It Would Be Safe to Reopen Trump’s Mouth

borowitz-andy.png
April 10, 2020

President Donald Trump frowning Photograph by Win McNamee / Getty

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)— In a televised interview on Friday, Dr. Anthony Fauci refused to say when it would be safe to reopen Donald J. Trump’s mouth.

Fauci was responding to a question from CNN’s Jake Tapper, who asked if the esteemed virologist had a timetable for when Trump’s mouth could be reopened without endangering public health.

“The problem, Jake, is that, when his mouth is closed, we start making progress,” Fauci said. “Keeping his mouth closed is the one thing we know that works.”

“We don’t want to make the mistake of getting overconfident, reopening his mouth, and creating even worse problems than we have now,” Fauci added.

Attempting to pin down the epidemiologist, Tapper asked, “For the sake of argument, could you see reopening his mouth in the summer? In the fall?”

“In an ideal world, my answer would be never, Jake,” Fauci said.

LMREO

• Haha 1

the msm are the ones who have told us a vaccine might be more than a year off so they are ignoring hydroxychloroquine simply because Donny is promoting it?

• Haha 1