Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NipkowDisc

The Triumph of Donald Trump

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

NVnHvjJ7_bigger.jpg

JUST IN: 5.2 million jobless claims were filed last week.

More jobs have now been lost in the last month than were gained since the Great Recession.

8:32 AM · Apr 16, 2020·TweetDeck

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

5Uf_2qHG_bigger.jpg

Since June 2009 there have been 21.5 million jobs created. In the past month 22 million jobs have been lost.

8:37 AM · Apr 16, 2020 from Washington, DC·Twitter for iPhone

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

X0rXwY_5_bigger.jpg

Trump wanted to wipe away everything Obama did -- and he's done it!

8:59 AM · Apr 16, 2020·TweetDeck

Over 20 million are unemployed.

America under trump is on the way to setting a new unemployment record beating out the numbers of The Great Depression.

Will we be seeing those red

"make America great again" caps standing in soup lines in front of Trump Tower while the band plays  

"Unhappy Days Are Here Again"?

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Over 20 million are unemployed.

America under trump is on the way to setting a new unemployment record beating out the numbers of The Great Depression.

Will we be seeing those red

"make America great again" caps standing in soup lines in front of Trump Tower while the band plays  

"Unhappy Days Are Here Again"?

OK, but the option would have been that no businesses, parks, governments, etc. be closed.  Many more thousands infected and dying.

I realize you want to present this as a Trump failing, but the alternative is worse. 

However, if Trump had taken action when he should have, if he had NOT fired the people best able to battle Covid-19, etc., there would be millions fewer unemployed.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Unemployment Money Not Reaching Millions Of People Who Applied

........of the people who managed to get an application in for unemployment benefits by the end of March, more than half — 56% — have so far been processed. And even those people haven't necessarily received their first payment yet.

If there's any complication where a state worker needs to review a case, Stettner says that could take a couple of months. "I'm very worried that that's going to take a very long time for benefits to reach them," he says.

When people do finally get payments, they should be retroactive. "So ... they might get a $7,000 check once their benefits are processed," Stettner says. "But that's cold comfort to people who are trying to make their rent checks, their car payments."....

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/15/835174390/unemployment-money-not-reaching-millions-of-people-who-applied?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=nprnews&utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social

I wonder if Trump and Kushner got all of their bailout money?  And not just for 2020 but for 2018 and 2019 as well.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

I wonder if Trump and Kushner got all of their bailout money?  And not just for 2020 but for 2018 and 2019 as well.

They don't qualify.    One has to make < 150K a year for a stimulus check.     So I'm getting nothing but I'm 100% fine with that.     I have worked remotely from my home for over 15 years so there is no disruption to my income.

I feel very fortunate and grateful and thus have increased my donations to assist those in need.   

27 minutes ago, TheCid said:

OK, but the option would have been that no businesses, parks, governments, etc. be closed.  Many more thousands infected and dying.

I realize you want to present this as a Trump failing, but the alternative is worse. 

However, if Trump had taken action when he should have, if he had NOT fired the people best able to battle Covid-19, etc., there would be millions fewer unemployed.

You got the point with your last paragraph.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

They don't qualify.    One has to make < 150K a year for a stimulus check.     So I'm getting nothing but I'm 100% fine with that.     I have worked remotely from my home for over 15 years so there is no disruption to my income.

I feel very fortunate and grateful and thus have increased my donations to assist those in need.   

Not so.  We are not talking about the unemployment part but the provision to pay real estate developers for their losses for 2018, 2019 and 2020 which our friends in the WH had put into the bill.  Chris Collins reported on it.   This money is supposed to dwarf that which is going to hospitals and the States.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Not so.  We are not talking about the unemployment part but the provision to pay real estate developers for their losses for 2018, 2019 and 2020 which our friends in the WH had put into the bill.  Chris Collins reported on it.  

Do you have a reference to save me trying to Google and find this specific provision?  Apparently, Trump Empire and Associates will be able to get help for their hotels, resorts and so forth.

34 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Not so.  We are not talking about the unemployment part but the provision to pay real estate developers for their losses for 2018, 2019 and 2020 which our friends in the WH had put into the bill.  Chris Collins reported on it.   This money is supposed to dwarf that which is going to hospitals and the States.

Oh,  I misunderstood  since your reply was to a post by Mr6666 with the title: Unemployment Money Not Reaching Millions Of People Who Applied.

Yea,  I'm sure Trump and his admin set things up to steal money from taxpayer and give it to himself, family members and other rich supporters.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Do you have a reference to save me trying to Google and find this specific provision?  Apparently, Trump Empire and Associates will be able to get help for their hotels, resorts and so forth.

I read the  story was in one of these threads.  Chris Collins brought it up.    The bit about the bailout covering Kushner and Trump for 2018 and 2019 which has nothing to do with the pandemic was in the Washington Post.  I cannot remember the date or the article name and sorry but I have no inclination to go looking for it now.  That's the best I can do.

• Confused 1

Surprising no one, United will lay off its workers after receiving a $58 billion taxpayer-funded bailout.

Bail out people. Not corporations.
<_<

Members of the booming "Michiganders Against Excessive Quarantine" Facebook group want an end to social distancing restrictions.

But they also say they definitely won't take a coronavirus vaccine themselves...

EVveYeQXQAkU23j?format=jpg&name=small

Jon Cooper

@joncoopertweets

·

18h

Zombieland: Triple Tap

EVsaG_1XQAEFOIA?format=jpg&name=900x900

“Every state is very different,” Trump said, of the new WH guidelines for states to reopen in 3 phases.

He noted some states will need more time to reopen

& that the federal government will "allow them" the “freedom” to do that.

:rolleyes:

-he DOES realize we all can just walk, drive or fly across each others'  state borders......Right??
:blink:

Hot spots erupt in farm belt states where governors insist lockdowns aren’t needed

Cases in parts of the heartland are starting to spike, raising concern about new hot spots that could quash Trump’s push to reopen the economy.

".........Trump and red state governors for weeks have fairly bragged about how large parts of the farm belt have escaped the ravages of the virus without the enforced shelter-in-place policies common on both coasts. It’s still unclear whether the states actually “flattened the curve,” or if the virus just reached there later. But now, cases are erupting, threatening a local population that doesn’t always have easy access to the same health care as more urban areas.

And the outbreaks are striking the heart of the nation’s farming and meatpacking industry, potentially disrupting the national distribution of food as meat processing plants close down and truckers who move food across the country are sidelined by illness.....

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/15/coronavirus-hot-spots-farm-belt-189272

:huh:

Seth Abramson (@)

@SethAbramson

Something true that needs to be said and is *really* scary when you stop to think about it: The President of the United States *doesn't understand* what's going on right now.

And the fact is, he *can't* understand—he's not equipped for it. And therefore, he *won't* understand.

The number of ways COVID-19 will change how we live, work, study, and relate to one another is *so mind-boggling* that if you think about it for even 10 minutes you come up with a 100 questions we don't have answers to yet.

And *all* of it is beyond the president's comprehension...........

see:  https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1250589797225127941

14 city governments say President Trump's campaign owes them a collective $1.82M worth of public safety-related debt
connected to his "Make America Great Again" rallies

. "During this crisis, that loss is even more pronounced," Minneapolis Mayor Frey says.

:rolleyes:  :(

5 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Trump Tests Negative For Empathy

borowitz-andy.png
March 16, 2020

Donald Trump gives a thumbsup. Photograph by Saul Loeb / AFP / Getty

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Donald J. Trump has tested negative for empathy, the White House doctor confirmed on Monday.

In an official statement, Dr. Sean Conley said that Trump submitted to the empathy test even though, in the physician’s opinion, “it was not really necessary.”

“I expected him to test negative,” Conley said. “Empathy-wise, he has been entirely asymptomatic.”

The White House doctor attributed Trump’s empathy-free status to his established practice of social distancing from anyone showing even the faintest sign of compassion, kindness, or humanity.

“At the first indication that someone is about to open his or her mouth to emit an expression of concern for others, he is careful to move as far away from that person as possible,” the physician said.

Instead, Conley said, Trump has been spending time exclusively with people who have also tested negative for empathy, such as Stephen Miller, Mitch McConnell, and all of the adult Trump children except Tiffany.

trump is America's favorite sociopath.

21 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

I read the  story was in one of these threads.  Chris Collins brought it up.    The bit about the bailout covering Kushner and Trump for 2018 and 2019 which has nothing to do with the pandemic was in the Washington Post.  I cannot remember the date or the article name and sorry but I have no inclination to go looking for it now.  That's the best I can do.

There was $500 Billion in the stimulus money for corporations,etc. originally intended by Trump, Mnuchin and McConnell to have it as a secret slush fund, with NO conditions and NO Oversight.  Pelosi and others made sure there would be some.  However, there we’re reports that when signing, Trump ominously scratched out the oversight mention on the bill, and said there would be none.  He has since fired the person heading this up.

You can bet that Trump, Kushner and cronies have gotten their share of this money!

I have so many questions on the “reopening” of the country.

First, who the hell is going to *want* to go to offices/work and risk getting sick?

How does it help employers to return to work, only to have their employees get sick and be out (and infect others)?? 1/

What is employers’ liability for forcing employees to come in, knowing of risk?
(Imagine an employer forcing employees to come into a building they know is structurally unsound.
..aren’t they on hook for negligence or recklessness if it collapses??) 2/

Rogue Ivanka Staying Home

@IvankaRogue

And who is going to go shopping or to sit in restaurants or otherwise be exposed?

Who is sending their kids back to school?

What teachers are going to show up?

This is a recipe for disaster.