Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NipkowDisc

The Triumph of Donald Trump

9 hours ago, jakeem said:

GJ8zcy-z_bigger.jpg

Biden’s 50%-39% margin in new Quinnipiac national poll masks core divide in Trump-era presidential politics:

among white men
Trump 56%
Biden 35%

among everyone else
Biden 57%
Trump 31%

4:15 PM · May 20, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Stu_Phone_Twitter_bigger.jpg

Not really a new development, but the difference is jarring anyway, isn’t it?

4:26 PM · May 20, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

¡Viva la diferencia!

·
3h

If the United States had implemented social distancing policies just a week sooner,

it could have prevented more than half the number of coronavirus deaths and infections, ...........

And if the country had locked down two weeks earlier than it did,

it could have prevented 84% of deaths and 82% of cases, said the the research team,.........

All 50 states are now in some stage of reopening. If local leaders detect a growth in new cases, they should respond quickly
, the Columbia team said -- a longer response time results in a stronger rebound of infections and death. ...............

according to new research from Columbia University.......

8 hours ago, jakeem said:

8 hours ago, jakeem said:
NsKp4a4s_bigger.jpg
The United States now has:

• 38.6 million jobless claims
• 1.5 million coronavirus cases
• 94,000 dead from coronavirus 

8:42 AM · May 21, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

I think this is worse than the Depression.

America’s Pandemic Role Reversal

“Over There” is now “Over Here”

".........Fading from sight are the days when this country’s engagement with the world could be touted as a triumph of leadership when it came to health, economic sustenance, democratic governance, and stability. Now, we are inside the community of nations in a grim new way — as fellow patients, grievers, and supplicants in search of food and shelter, in search, along with so much of humanity, of a more secure existence.

The world, in other words, has turned upside down. Perhaps it’s sadly time to change those famed lyrics of George M. Cohan accordingly:

“Over here, over here
Send the word, send the word over here.”

Whether from there or from here, the sooner the good guys arrive, the better."

https://billmoyers.com/story/americas-pandemic-role-reversal/

<_<

• Like 1

letter from michigan

Life at the Trump Tailgate: Spiked Slurpees, Culture Wars and the Coronavirus Hoax

Michigan is beset by disease, floods and joblessness, but it’s voter fraud conspiracies that really frighten the president’s supporters.

"..........Ever in need of a foil—be it Barack Obama’s birth certificate, John McCain, Megyn Kelly, Low Energy Jeb, Lyin’ Ted, Little Marco, Crooked Hillary, the Deep State, Never Trumpers, Sleepy Joe, Obamagate, or combinations thereof—the president has set his sights on the institution of the ballot box.

The benefit is twofold: Trump can simultaneously incite the distress of his base to juice enthusiasm come November while establishing a built-in justification should he lose.

The effects are already manifest. In conversation after conversation with voters here Thursday, Trump supporters repeatedly—and completely unsolicited—say Democrats are attempting to steal the election from the president.....

.......“Isn’t it kind of convenient that as soon as impeachment failed, we’ve suddenly got this virus?” she asks, alternating between puffs on a Winston and her inhaler. “This was domestic political terrorism from the Democratic Party. They’ve got all these numbers inflated, especially the deaths. ............

I thought I’d seen it all, heard it all. But this was new. The warp speed at which alarms about voter fraud—and specifically, voting by mail—were synchronized from the president’s Twitter feed to the lips of his voters guarantees a volatile five months ahead, and a potentially volcanic period thereafter...........

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/05/21/trump-michigan-tailgate-274416

:blink:

Trump tests whether incumbent leader can tap 'outsider' anger

......"If Trump runs as an outsider, he will, as ever, be playing for base turnout rather than seeking votes in the tiny but still real middle,” said presidential historian Jon Meacham.

“Can he convincingly run as an insurgent against his own government? I fear the answer is yes, and his people will thrill to it.

The question will come down to whether voters choose the evidence of the last four years or Trump’s addled version of those four years.”........

https://apnews.com/aaa334dbbe61570f1ff514c175b51c38?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP_Politics

<_<

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

yPzQf1y6_bigger.jpg

According to Johns Hopkins University's tally of cases in the United States, there are at least 1,588,322 cases of coronavirus in the U.S. At least 95,276 people have died in the U.S. from coronavirus.

1:18 PM · May 22, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Thousands of Americans dying needlessly from a foreign virus will be trump's Legacy.

OANN asks Kayleigh McEnany if President Trump has considered pardoning President Obama...

She answers by putting up questions on the screen that she thinks reporters should be asking President Obama.

Things have taken a turn.

==========================================

OANN  =  Fox News on steroids !

:rolleyes:   :lol:

SATIRE-     The Borowitz Report:
“I’ve been talking about hydroxychloroquine so much that a lot of people think I invented it,”

Donald Trump said on Monday. “You have to give the Nobel to someone who invents a major drug like that.”

;)

7 hours ago, jakeem said:

7 hours ago, jakeem said:

i8EZpjPO_bigger.jpg

The idea of a lifelong sinner like Donald Trump declaring churches 'essential' is beyond ridiculous

2:59 PM · May 22, 2020·Twitter Web App

14 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

400px-AN_Stormy_Daniels_1.jpg

Is trump going to invite his friend Stormy Daniels to church?

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

kUuht00m_bigger.jpg

3 years ago, after Jeff Sessions recused himself, the Fraudulent Mueller Scam began. Alabama, do not trust Jeff Sessions. He let our Country down. That’s why I endorsed Coach Tommy Tuberville (@TTuberville), the true supporter of our #MAGA agenda! https://secure.winred.com/tommytuberville/donate

7:10 PM · May 22, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

O6Tq9isx_bigger.jpg

.@realdonaldtrump Look, I know your anger, but recusal was required by law. I did my duty & you're damn fortunate I did. It protected the rule of law & resulted in your exoneration. Your personal feelings don't dictate who Alabama picks as their senator, the people of Alabama do.

10:59 PM · May 22, 2020·Twitter Web App

8xavpv4U_bigger.jpg

With nearly 100,000 Americans dead, our government's pandemic response has been the world's worst. But our corrupt president is rage tweeting at his former attorney general for having complied with a law requiring his recusal from an investigation of . . . the corrupt president.

11:51 PM · May 22, 2020·Twitter Web App

Jeff Sessions was one of the first influential Republicans in Congress to endorse trump for the presidency.

Sessions did this when most of the GOP thought, and deservedly so, that the presidential campaign of  the reality TV star was a joke.

And this is how trump pays Sessions back.

There's no honor among Thieves.

11 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Is trump going to invite his friend Stormy Daniels to church?

I couldn't find original Jakeem items you quoted.  But I wanted to address Trump's gaffe in his little speech when he claimed churches are "essential"....

Mentioning not only Priests, but Pastors, Rabbis and, the Islamic clerics, which he called "EYE-mums"  instead of  "Ih-MAMS" .   Even(in this case) WORSE(if you can imagine) than G.W.Bush calling those other Muslim leaders "MOO-lahs"  and not "MUH-lahs".  :rolleyes:

Sepiatone

17 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

I couldn't find original Jakeem items you quoted.  But I wanted to address Trump's gaffe in his little speech when he claimed churches are "essential"....

Mentioning not only Priests, but Pastors, Rabbis and, the Islamic clerics, which he called "EYE-mums"  instead of  "Ih-MAMS" .   Even(in this case) WORSE(if you can imagine) than G.W.Bush calling those other Muslim leaders "MOO-lahs"  and not "MUH-lahs".  :rolleyes:

Sepiatone

maxresdefault.jpg

:P

• Haha 1

V6KTOsbu_bigger.jpg

CNN photojournalist @abdallahcnn got a shot of President Trump golfing today. He says the president is moving around the course in a golf cart alone but is golfing with three partners. None of the men are wearing masks.

05/23/2020 12:36:05
TOTAL ESTIMATED U.S. COVID-19 DEATHS: 96,832

Trump Death Clock

Estimated U.S. COVID-19 Deaths Due To POTUS Inaction
In January 2020, the Trump administration was advised that immediate action was required to stop the spread of COVID-19. According to NIAID Director Dr. Anthony Fauci, “there was a lot of pushback” to this advice. President Trump declined to act until March 16th. Epidemiologists now estimate that, had mitigation measures been implemented one week earlier, 60% of American COVID-19 deaths would have been avoided.
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

2LeQkbzf_bigger.jpg

He really oughta just allow official photos since every long telephoto shot always has the aesthetic of a Bigfoot sighting.

1:27 PM · May 23, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

syScPtp2_bigger.jpg

Donald Trump’s day so far:
- Trump golfs while Americans die and his presidency burns
- This guy couldn’t be any more out of touch
- Makes up fake poll numbers so he can pretend he’s not losing
- Delusional bastardface
- Trump is going to prison

It’s still only 12:30pm

12:38 PM · May 23, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

tvIUziC3_bigger.jpg

Yes, someone else noted yesterday that Birx was clearly saying this as cover for Trump to go golfing.

But when it’s NOT okay to golfing, is when 100,000 Americans have just died in two months, and the numbers are still rising. Then you don’t go freaking golf. You do your job.

12:59 PM · May 23, 2020·Tweetbot for Mac

" May I play through? "

• Sad 1