Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Triumph of Donald Trump

So, if no one has done more for Black people than Donald Trump and only he can bring people together and stop the protesting and or rioting why isn't he doing it right now?  He is the leader during this current crisis, not Joe Biden and every day I only see him making things worse, not better so why trust him with four more years?  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

So, if no one has done more for Black people than Donald Trump and only he can bring people together and stop the protesting and or rioting why isn't he doing it right now?  He is the leader during this current crisis, not Joe Biden and every day I only see him making things worse, not better so why trust him with four more years?  

why aren't democrat mayors doing it right now?

:P

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, NipkowDisc said:

why aren't democrat mayors doing it right now?

:P

Doing what exactly?  Are we not talking about enacting laws to fix these problems.

And in any event you are dodging the issue.  Trump is saying only he can fix this, so re-elect him.  Again, if that is true what is he waiting for.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

Doing what exactly?  Are we not talking about enacting laws to fix these problems.

And in any event you are dodging the issue.  Trump is saying only he can fix this, so re-elect him.  Again, if that is true what is he waiting for.

no we are not. I am talking about democrat mayors have the simple guts TO ALLOW THEIR CITY'S POLICE FORCES. TO SHUT DOWN VIOLENCE AND ARREST RIOTERS.

just what exactly are THEY waiting for, Bogie56?

13 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

If only Trump can fix the problem, why didn't he fix it long before this.  He said he could do it and has been in office for 3.5 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

no we are not. I am talking about democrat mayors have the simple guts TO ALLOW THEIR CITY'S POLICE FORCES. TO SHUT DOWN VIOLENCE AND ARREST RIOTERS.

Maybe if the police acted with a bit of restraint the public would have nothing to complain about.

Trump has had a long time to fix this and like everything else like NK's long range nuclear missiles he has done nothing.  He is bereft of leadership qualities.   His only appeal is to low intelligence voters who want to troll liberals to compensate for their own inadequacies.

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

43 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

How about walking down an urban street without being killed by some 17 year old wingnut and Trump fan? 

I have copied a Vautrin response from another thread.  Violence by white supremacists and Trump fanatics all across America has by far outnumbered any violence done by the left wing or that of the non-existent antifa group.

Sure gangs are a problem but the left and the right both condemn them.

• Thanks 1

I heard that if Trump gets what he wants which I think is the payroll tax cut, that social security will be in trouble.  One person predicted that payments to disabled people will end within one year.

I wouldn't call antifa a non-existent group. It does exist, just not in the exaggerated form of the GOP's fever dreams. From what I can tell it is a mostly local group centered in the Pacific Northwest with some smaller contingents around the country. Hardly the new Red Guard that Bannon often portrays it as. 

I just saw an article about Rand Paul claiming he was attacked by a violent mob as he left Donny's list of lies/convention speech. Of course the video shows Paul wasn't attacked by anyone. Maybe he was afraid his next door Kentucky neighbor was somewhere in the group of protesters. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The Thin Blue Line Between Violent, Pro-Trump Militias and Police

Police in Kenosha told armed vigilantes, “We appreciate you guys. We really do.”
Then one of them killed two protesters.

"...........The summer of 2020 has already seen the targeting of Black Lives Matter protesters with a bomb plot in Nevada, the targeted killing of a federal court security officer and the murder of a sheriff’s deputy by a suspected right-wing extremist in California, and a Ku Klux Klan leader driving his car into a crowd of police brutality protesters in Virginia.

“As we’re approaching the election and Trump is hyping fear over the protests and ginning these people on with all this of law order stuff, it’s going to get worse,”........

..... law enforcement’s tendency to back off in the face armed right-wing protests was evident in altercations during Trump’s 2016 run for office, and has continued throughout his administration. “To see the police continuing to treat these far-right militants as friendlies is troubling,” he said.

During the 1990s, German explained, law enforcement understood that the most violent members of right-wing groups, those with criminal records that exposed them to risk of arrest, did not show up at public protests. That’s no longer the case......

nearly 500 instances of right-wing extremists gathering in response to Black Lives Matter protests since the police killing of George Floyd in late May, leading to 64 cases of simple assault, 38 vehicle assaults, and nine cases of shots fired at demonstrators resulting in three deaths.

Among the myriad factors contributing to the political violence and unrest the country is now witnessing is an inversion of the relationship between some elements of the armed right and the federal government, Beirich argued. “The anti-government movement is no longer anti-government in the sense that the federal government is no longer its enemy,” she said

. “Trump has changed that calculation — the militias, the larger anti-government world, is essentially a pro-Trump political formation.”.......

..... “So these groups and the police seem to have aligned on a common enemy, but law enforcement is making a very big mistake if they think that because they are enemies of your enemies, they are your friends. They are not your friends, as they have demonstrated and as they will continue demonstrating as law enforcement tries to regulate their violence.”.........

see: https://theintercept.com/2020/08/28/kyle-rittenhouse-violent-pro-trump-militias-police/

I certainly doan agree with extreme right pro-militia wackos but...

maybe if the msm were more condemning of BLM and antifa...

those on the right might feel less fervent.

the msm has never done anything but make excuses for leftist anarchists going all the way back to the vietnam protest era with groups like the weathermen.

3 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

I heard that if Trump gets what he wants which I think is the payroll tax cut, that social security will be in trouble.  One person predicted that payments to disabled people will end within one year.

Not within one year, but Trump and the Republicans have long had a plan to drastically reduce, if not eliminate, Social Security to include retirement and disability pensions, as well as Medicare.

There is NO such thing as a "payroll" tax.  There is **** which are contributions people and their employers pay to insure that workers will be able to retire and not live in poverty.  One component is for those who become 100% totally disabled and unable to work.

There are problems in Social Security with the amounts of benefits and people other than the wage earner who receive benefits.

Trump, if re-elected, and the GOPers will definitely attack SSA, but to eliminate it?  Talk about rioting in the streets.  And one of the primary groups benefiting the most from SSA are OLD WHITE PEOPLE.  They receive the highest payments and are by far the most numerous.

They would prefer a system where people had to create their own retirement plans and invest in large corporations, insurance companies, financial institutions, Wall Street, etc.  The things their contributors own or manage.

I imagine most of the Trumpists on this site are living off Social Security and Medicare or will be very soon.  Even if you have a good pension, investments, etc., for 95% of the people, SSA and Medicare are the difference between living comfortably and living in poverty.  It is also what keeps the parents and grand-parents from becoming dependent on their children.

• Thanks 2

‘Are You Ready For A Trump Victory?’: Michael Moore Sounds The Alarm After Trump Closes Gap In Michigan Poll

‘Are You Ready For A Trump Victory?’: Michael Moore Sounds The Alarm After Trump Closes Gap In Michigan Poll

'Are you mentally prepared to be outsmarted by Trump again?'

https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/28/donald-trump-victory-michael-moore-sounds-alarm-trump-closes-gap-michigan-poll/?utm_source=piano&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2360&pnespid=jvtmt6hWFBGN5jT.AnWhl.BVkmN1Sj1vHcV5s5dr

Daily Caller

17 hours ago, ElCid said:

Not within one year, but Trump and the Republicans have long had a plan to drastically reduce, if not eliminate, Social Security to include retirement and disability pensions, as well as Medicare.

There is NO such thing as a "payroll" tax.  There is **** which are contributions people and their employers pay to insure that workers will be able to retire and not live in poverty.  One component is for those who become 100% totally disabled and unable to work.

There are problems in Social Security with the amounts of benefits and people other than the wage earner who receive benefits.

Trump, if re-elected, and the GOPers will definitely attack SSA, but to eliminate it?  Talk about rioting in the streets.  And one of the primary groups benefiting the most from SSA are OLD WHITE PEOPLE.  They receive the highest payments and are by far the most numerous.

They would prefer a system where people had to create their own retirement plans and invest in large corporations, insurance companies, financial institutions, Wall Street, etc.  The things their contributors own or manage.

I imagine most of the Trumpists on this site are living off Social Security and Medicare or will be very soon.  Even if you have a good pension, investments, etc., for 95% of the people, SSA and Medicare are the difference between living comfortably and living in poverty.  It is also what keeps the parents and grand-parents from becoming dependent on their children.

Like I said,  all Trump is doing is delaying the employee contribution;  It just a gimmick to give workers extra cash before the election to make Trump look like he actually cares.   

This from CNN today:

Companies can stop withholding employees' payroll taxes starting September 1, although workers will have to pay the taxes by the end of April 2021. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
14 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Like I said,  all Trump is doing is delaying the employee contribution;  It just a gimmick to give workers extra cash before the election to make Trump look like he actually cares.   

This from CNN today:

Companies can stop withholding employees' payroll taxes starting September 1, although workers will have to pay the taxes by the end of April 2021. 

Next it will be free beer on election day.

• Haha 2
53 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

This is really worth listening to.  It's short and details why Trump is a totally incompetent leader and business person.

Interesting and informative, but he could have said it more effectively in 2 minutes.  Kept repeating himself and saying the same thing over and over.