Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Triumph of Donald Trump

26 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

A ****hole country like America deserves a ****hole president like Trump.

Incidentally, I noted your location from an earlier post.  My wife and I or friends and I have traveled all around Western N.C., but missed your location.  Guess because there are so many routes around it.  Have been north, south, east and west of it.

“Viktor Orban, the Hungarian prime minister, has established a template for the authoritarian system Trump would pursue if re-elected:

neutralize an independent judiciary, demonize immigrants, claim the “people’s will” overrides ... checks and balances.”

An American Disaster Foretold

Europeans look at “containment” as the means to deal with Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/28/opinion/donald-trump-europe-china.html?referringSource=articleShare

:unsure:

10 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Interesting and informative, but he could have said it more effectively in 2 minutes.  Kept repeating himself and saying the same thing over and over.

Well he does have a show he has to fill and ti was only 6 minutes.  .  But the information was revealing.

4 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Well he does have a show he has to fill and ti was only 6 minutes.  .  But the information was revealing.

Ah yes, the good old days when Walter Cronkite could cover America and the world in 15 minutes and the local stations could do state and local news, weather and sports in 15 minutes.

Trumps gets away with using the White House as a prop.
DeJoy gets away with wrecking the Post Office.
Ratcliffe gets away with denying Congress access to election attack info. Putin gets away with bounties on our troops.
Miller gets away with caging babies.

How much longer folks?
:huh:
  • Sad 1

Pelosi urged to ‘DO SOMETHING’ to stop Russia cover-up: ‘We’re past the sternly written letter stage’

"........the two were criticized for tweeting and issuing statements instead of taking action. Here’s some of what people were saying about House Democrats, who are scheduled to remain on vacation until after Labor Day:

This is whats wrong with . et al face a lawless administration. Then they impotently tweet & rage on TV but REFUSE to use their powers UNDER LAW. Subpoena, followed by inherent contempt. Your weakness is why they keep pushing further.
  • Like 1

ODNI Ratcliffe's letter to Congress is *chilling*.

He says the intel community he leads—as Trump's mouthpiece—must speak with "one voice,"
so no intel agent can ever again face Congressional questioning.

Whose voice is the new "one voice" on intel?
Trump's. Which means Putin's.

<_<
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, ElCid said:

Incidentally, I noted your location from an earlier post.  My wife and I or friends and I have traveled all around Western N.C., but missed your location.  Guess because there are so many routes around it.  Have been north, south, east and west of it.

You might have been within the city limits and not even have realized it. It's mostly by 280 and 191. Another thing is that it has no Main Street like Hendersonville does, not even a  smaller version of such. It does have a municipal center and library, but that's not the same as having a true Main St. There are some other small towns out near the Asheville airport, but they don't have a Main St. either so one just goes by them. An Amazon distribution center is being built out by one of the industrial parks. I was surprised to read in the paper that they are getting no tax breaks of any kind. Small towns usually hand those things out like penny candy.

• Like 1

Trump’s spasm of crazed tweets and retweets this morning

—e.g., the retweet of a QAnon follower claiming CDC data really show only 6,000 COVID deaths
—reeks of really frantic desperation.

Did they tell him last night that their own polling showed no gains from his convention?

:rolleyes:
  • Haha 2

Fareed Zakaria devoted his Sunday show to various segments on how the world now views America under Donald Trump.  They said that America has inspired many reactions such as love, hate, admiration but now there is a new one .... PITY.

• Sad 2
CONCLUSION/ What's going on at the protests is confusing

If you were going to focus on VIOLENCE, you'd look at the police, militias, and right-wing agitators.

If you were focused on LOOTING, you'd look at organized crime.

And if you focused on DISORDER, you'd look at anarchists.

<_<