Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Triumph of Donald Trump

How to avert a post-election nightmare

A “war game” that tried to simulate the 2020 transition ended in violence. One of its organizers explains how to prevent that.

"..........They simulated four scenarios: a big Biden victory, a narrow Biden win, an indeterminate result à la the 2000 election, and a narrow Trump victory. In every scenario but a massive Biden blowout, things went south.

“We anticipate lawsuits, divergent media narratives, attempts to stop the counting of ballots, and protests drawing people from both sides,” TIP writes in a post-exercise report summarizing their findings. “The potential for violent conflict is high, particularly since Trump encourages his supporters to take up arms.”...........

In 2000, the Democrats were in control, yet the Clinton administration didn’t try to interfere in that process, and ultimately it was resolved by the Supreme Court. But that’s not the scenario we have now. Trump himself has lots of incentives to use executive power to hold on to power for a second term. ......

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/8/18/21371964/2020-transition-integrity-project-simulation-trump

:unsure:

• Sad 1
8 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:
The Washington Post
The Post Most

a39556b803c6b6b560776608e084c049-JRHZJXQZNUI6XC62QFGKK3QTRM-600-0-70-8.jpg

(Jabin Botsford/The Washington Post)

As Election Day nears, Trump ponders becoming one thing he so despises: A loser

In unscripted remarks, the president laments a potential defeat and complains about the pandemic’s impact on his political fortunes.

By Toluse Olorunnipa   Read more »

I can see the headlines: THE BIGGEST LOSER!!!!! LOL.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:
The Washington Post
The Post Most

a39556b803c6b6b560776608e084c049-JRHZJXQZNUI6XC62QFGKK3QTRM-600-0-70-8.jpg

(Jabin Botsford/The Washington Post)

As Election Day nears, Trump ponders becoming one thing he so despises: A loser

In unscripted remarks, the president laments a potential defeat and complains about the pandemic’s impact on his political fortunes.

By Toluse Olorunnipa   Read more »

and that is what flags trump haters as real losers. everything hinges on bringing down trump. and the dems are trying to have an open-ended period of voting before november 3rd and well beyond...

the democrats really have a lot of confidence in biden's ability to beat trump, doan they?

So, it appears Fat Boy has "triumphed" in getting his hick followers to believe any outcome that doesn't end with his re-election as being "fraudulent", eh?!

Yeah, THAT'S right. I just called anyone who believes Fat Boy's constant lies as being a "hick". Well, LIVE WITH IT, 'cause that's EXACTLY what they are. And NOW some of these hicks are talking about taking up arms if Fat Boy loses, eh?! Well, we'll just SEE how THAT works out for these HICKS, 'cause I don't see a good outcome for these HICKS, or for ANY American if these HICKS follow through with this little plan of theirs.

(...and no, I DON'T mince words do I, but after four freakin' years of listening to Fat Boy, I guess I've learned from Fat Boy how this is done, haven't I...denigrate those who don't fall in line with your beliefs, and do it CONSTANTLY!!!)

• Like 1

Here's what happened when NBC News tried to report on the alleged Hunter Biden emails

Analysis: Trump complains the media isn't reporting on Hunter Biden's emails. But NBC News met obstacles, including Rudy Giuliani, when it tried.

"........the Wall Street Journal and Fox News — among the only news organizations that have been given access to key documents — found that the emails and other records don’t make that case. Leaving aside the many questions about their provenance, the materials offered no evidence that Joe Biden played any role in his son’s dealings in China, let alone profited from them, both news organizations concluded........

The lack of major new revelations is perhaps the biggest reason the story has not gotten traction, but not the only one. Among others: Most mainstream news organizations, including NBC News, have not been granted access to the documents. NBC News asked by email, text, phone call and certified mail, and was ultimately denied......

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/here-s-what-happened-when-nbc-news-tried-report-alleged-n1245533?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

:rolleyes:

11 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Caravans of President Trump’s supporters blockaded the Mario M. Cuomo Bridge and the Garden State Parkway on Sunday,
snarling traffic on two of the busiest highways in the New York metropolitan area just two days before Election Day
:( 

See, under Trump Law and Order has totally failed.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1