Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Triumph of Donald Trump


Recommended Posts

On 11/7/2020 at 11:10 PM, mr6666 said:

After Trump’s Defeat, His Supporters Held A Heavily Armed Pity Party

Proud Boys, white nationalists, QAnon believers, armed militias and other Trump fans gathered in Pennsylvania, the state that made Joe Biden the president-elect.
 
 
:rolleyes:

SO SAD. LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites

If Trump Tries to Sue His Way to Election Victory, Here’s What Happens

It’s easy enough for the Trump campaign to file a lawsuit claiming improprieties, but a lot harder to provide evidence of wrongdoing or a convincing legal argument.

Here’s what you need to know as the election lawsuits start to mount.

 

"......a lot harder to provide evidence of wrongdoing or a convincing legal argument. “I don’t understand how the integrity of the election was affected,” said U.S. District Judge Timothy Savage, something he repeated several times during the hearing. (However the judge rules, the case is unlikely to have a significant effect; only 93 ballots are at issue, a county election official said.)

“A lawsuit without provable facts showing a statutory or constitutional violation is just a tweet with a filing fee,”.........

 

It’s not likely the recount requests or ballot challenges, which are common in the wake of close elections, will make a difference in the outcome. “Recounts rarely change the vote totals very much,” said University of Kentucky law professor Joshua Douglas, and the same is true of challenges to the validity of ballots.

That fact certainly won’t impede the filing of suits........

https://www.propublica.org/article/if-trump-tries-to-sue-his-way-to-election-victory-heres-what-happens?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&fbclid=IwAR11VooX1MLmC2e4JIy3LYKrJSpMt6Vdj-9g5sCCxb7vyiIcHhx4Sqh0dDw

<_<

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

So, in essence, another expose of how through the legal system the GOP will attempt to rig the election process in their favor by tighten the electorate's access to it. 

Hell, considering their mindsets are usually bent toward retrograde thinking and not at all toward a progression of higher democratic principles, why don't they just be honest about their REAL intentions and take a page out of the lawbooks of the Jim Crow South and introduce a bill in Congress which will revive poll taxes and literacy tests before anyone can vote?

(...and ya know why they WON'T?...well, it's because they're CHICKEN**** COWARDS who don't have the guts to be straightforward about their true intentions and motivations...well, there's THAT of course and a little thing called the 24th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution which outlawed these things...and something I'll BET the vast majority of Trump supporters wouldn't know about even IF it was able to bite 'em right on their ***es while they were genuflecting to their "American savior's" image)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Dargo said:

So, in essence, another expose of how through the legal system the GOP will attempt to rig the election process in their favor by tighten the electorate's access to it. 

Hell, considering their mindsets are usually bent toward retrograde thinking and not at all toward a progression of higher democratic principles, why don't they just be honest about their REAL intentions and take a page out of the lawbooks of the Jim Crow South and introduce a bill in Congress which will revive poll taxes and literacy tests before anyone can vote?

(...and ya know why they WON'T?...well, it's because they're CHICKEN**** COWARDS who don't have the guts to be straightforward about their true intentions and motivations...well, there's THAT of course and a little thing called the 24th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution which outlawed these things...and something I'll BET the vast majority of Trump supporters wouldn't know about even IF it was able to bite 'em right on their ***es while they were genuflecting to their "American savior's" image)

Literacy tests???? That would exclude half of the GOP following!!!!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Literacy tests???? That would exclude half of the GOP following!!!!

Talking about fraudulent ballots, how come no one has brought up the issue that 13.5 million Trump ballots had an 'X' as a signature?  :lol:

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Don't want to alarm you but Trump is purging DOD:
 
Esper replaced by Trump toady Chris Miller.
COS Jen Stewart by Kash Patel (who worked to discredit the Russia investigation)
. Jim Anderson (Undersec) by Obama critic and Fox News guest Anthony Tata.
Others...
:huh:
 
====================================
 
- A 'trapped animal' is always the MOST desperate
 
& Dangerous
 
:unsure:
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Robert De Niro Issues Warning About The Person Donald Trump May Have Inspired-

........“Somebody’s going to come along who’s a lot smarter, more sensitive, more mercurial and not so boorish and will be able to pull the wool over the eyes of the public,” he continued.

“And then we will have a more serious, deeper problem, and one that might actually get further than what Trump has done.”

“He’s also set an example, unfortunately, to other young people that this kind of thing can be done,

and that’s why it’s so important after he is out of office that he is held accountable,” De Niro added. ......

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/robert-de-niro-donald-trump-election-loss_n_5faa7327c5b66009569e36dd?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

:(

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

Robert De Niro Issues Warning About The Person Donald Trump May Have Inspired-

........“Somebody’s going to come along who’s a lot smarter, more sensitive, more mercurial and not so boorish and will be able to pull the wool over the eyes of the public,” he continued.

“And then we will have a more serious, deeper problem, and one that might actually get further than what Trump has done.”

“He’s also set an example, unfortunately, to other young people that this kind of thing can be done,

and that’s why it’s so important after he is out of office that he is held accountable,” De Niro added. ......

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/robert-de-niro-donald-trump-election-loss_n_5faa7327c5b66009569e36dd?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

:(

BS! and here is another example. Biden says no need at present to take legal action against Trump for refusing to concede....

pardon me but do any stinkin' democrats remember the 2000 election?

after the florida debacle it was many many weeks before mister Antarctica algore would finally concede to george w. bush...

at one point the gore campaign kept trying to goad the bush campaign into agreeing to a statewide florida recount.

so trump is fine because the real chronic bellyaching losers have always been democrats.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

Robert De Niro Issues Warning About The Person Donald Trump May Have Inspired-

........“Somebody’s going to come along who’s a lot smarter, more sensitive, more mercurial and not so boorish and will be able to pull the wool over the eyes of the public,” he continued.

“And then we will have a more serious, deeper problem, and one that might actually get further than what Trump has done.”

“He’s also set an example, unfortunately, to other young people that this kind of thing can be done,

and that’s why it’s so important after he is out of office that he is held accountable,” De Niro added. ......

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/robert-de-niro-donald-trump-election-loss_n_5faa7327c5b66009569e36dd?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

:(

 

23 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

BS! and here is another example. Biden says no need at present to take legal action against Trump for refusing to concede....

pardon me but do any stinkin' democrats remember the 2000 election?

after the florida debacle it was many many weeks before mister Antarctica algore would finally concede to george w. bush...

at one point the gore campaign kept trying to goad the bush campaign into agreeing to a statewide florida recount.

so trump is fine because the real chronic bellyaching losers have always been democrats.

 

You've once again missed the salient point of De Niro's comment with another one of your little "Ha ha, the Dems are just as bad as the Republicans" diversions here, Mr. Judeo-Christian Principles!

Let me ask you a question. Do you REALLY think after Trump leaves office that he's going to fade away from any further involvement in the political world, and like Gore did until a few years later when he resurfaced and became involved in the ecology movement?

No, OF COURSE Trump won't. His enormous ego won't allow that. And so, WHAT you're going to most likely see is your boy doing EVERYTHING he can to further fracture this country's political and cultural divide, and most likely by continuing on with those lame stand-up routines he's done in front of his adoring fans since before he became president.

(...aka, "Donald Trump campaign rallies")

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dargo said:

 

You've once again missed the salient point of De Niro's comment with another one of your little "Ha ha, the Dems are just as bad as the Republicans" diversions here, Mr. Judeo-Christian Principles!

Let me ask you a question. Do you REALLY think after Trump leaves office that he's going to fade away from any further involvement in the political world, and like Gore did until a few years later when he resurfaced and became involved in the ecology movement?

No, OF COURSE Trump won't. His enormous ego won't allow that. And so, WHAT you're going to most likely see is your boy doing EVERYTHING he can to further fracture this country's political and cultural divide, and most likely by continuing on with those lame stand-up routines he's done in front of his adoring fans since before he became president.

(...aka, "Donald Trump campaign rallies")

I agree.

These feeble court challenges of Trump's are not a serious hope of getting courts to overturn the election results so much as a salve to his ego to present himself as an "election fraud victim". Even when rejected by the courts his many conspiracy-crazy paranoid followers will still believe Trump got a raw deal anyway because, well, he will still say so and facts don't mean anything to them.

This is Trump setting himself up for his post White House life as the continuing leading power broker of the Republicans, decrying Biden every time he sneezes, making the usual baseless accusations and personal attacks. Certainly Fox will give him coverage even if much of the mainstream media will try to avoid him (if possible) . My only hope is that, with four years being a long time and civil/criminal lawsuits awaiting him, Trump might be distracted with the business of trying to stay out of jail.

Bottom line, though, Trump will continue to try to divide the nation as best he can because he thinks it's good for him politically (and he can't stand losing the limelight, of course). Even though he will be out of office, with his massive influence upon those craven no spine Republicans, he will make it very difficult for bi-partisanship in Congress, as currently envisioned by Biden. This is all the more reason to hope that the Democrats win both senate seats in Georgia.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

BS! and here is another example. Biden says no need at present to take legal action against Trump for refusing to concede....

pardon me but do any stinkin' democrats remember the 2000 election?

after the florida debacle it was many many weeks before mister Antarctica algore would finally concede to george w. bush...

at one point the gore campaign kept trying to goad the bush campaign into agreeing to a statewide florida recount.

so trump is fine because the real chronic bellyaching losers have always been democrats.

 

It's not up to any one individual to decide Justice in this country.

No one is above the law.

trump will have to face his fate in court just like anyone else if the evidence so warrants.

After all, federal law is one thing, but state law is another.

And then there's New York State Law. LOL

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Frank Figliuzzi calls Trump ‘a barricaded subject’ in the White House

Former FBI assistant director for counterintelligence, Frank Figliuzzi, reacts to Trump and his allies refusing to acknowledge Joe Biden’s win

 

https://www.msnbc.com/deadline-white-house/watch/frank-figliuzzi-calls-trump-a-barricaded-subject-in-the-white-house-95668805880?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma

:huh:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Robert De Niro Issues Warning About The Person Donald Trump May Have Inspired-

........“Somebody’s going to come along who’s a lot smarter, more sensitive, more mercurial and not so boorish and will be able to pull the wool over the eyes of the public,” he continued.

:(

Not sure how of an authority De Niro is on American politics, but regardless the people he references have already come along - Reagan and Nixon.

12 hours ago, TomJH said:

Bottom line, though, Trump will continue to try to divide the nation as best he can because he thinks it's good for him politically (and he can't stand losing the limelight, of course). Even though he will be out of office, with his massive influence upon those craven no spine Republicans, he will make it very difficult for bi-partisanship in Congress, as currently envisioned by Biden. This is all the more reason to hope that the Democrats win both senate seats in Georgia.

You can already see this by the refusal of Republicans to concede Biden's win.  They are fearful of Trump's ability to sway many of the people who vote in Republican primaries.  Not all by any means, but a significant number.

As for the two seats in GA, I don't see a path to Dems winning either seat.  There whole campaign for US House and Senate seats was a shambles.  The predictions were they would have significant increases in both and instead lost in House and probably will not control the Senate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Not sure how of an authority De Niro is on American politics, but regardless the people he references have already come along - Reagan and Nixon.

Sorry Cid, but neither Nixon nor Reagan were men who rebuffed the societal and political norms of their day even near to the degree with which Trump has.

Sure, Nixon had his Enemies List, but overall even he stuck to those norms, and Reagan's abilities to sway public opinion by his folksy and affable manner would precluse any comparisons to Trump and his constant use of demagoguery.

(...in fact, one could say the concept of "political norms" was the very reason for Nixon's ultimate decision to resign)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Sorry Cid, but neither Nixon nor Reagan were men who rebuffed the societal and political norms of their day even near to the degree with which Trump has.

Sure, Nixon had his Enemies List, but overall even he stuck to those norms, and Reagan's abilities to sway public opinion by his folksy and affable manner would precluse any comparisons to Trump and his constant use of demagoguery.

(...in fact, one could say the concept of "political norms" was the very reason for Nixon's ultimate decision to resign)

 

.......“Somebody’s going to come along who’s a lot smarter, more sensitive, more mercurial and not so boorish and will be able to pull the wool over the eyes of the public,” [De Niro] continued.

I was responding to this comment by De Niro, not comparing them to Trump.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, ElCid said:

.......“Somebody’s going to come along who’s a lot smarter, more sensitive, more mercurial and not so boorish and will be able to pull the wool over the eyes of the public,” [De Niro] continued.

I was responding to this comment by De Niro, not comparing them to Trump.

Okay, I suppose in these regards, your mentioning of Nixon and Reagan might be somewhat appropriate.

I suppose it could be said those personality traits could've been found in both the aforementioned, but other than Nixon's tendency of being much more "mercurial" than Reagan, I still find it a bit hard to agree with your suggestion that either of them "fits the bill" in regard to what De Niro's prediction of the next and even more dangerous to the norms type of President is waiting in the wings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ElCid said:

.......“Somebody’s going to come along who’s a lot smarter, more sensitive, more mercurial and not so boorish and will be able to pull the wool over the eyes of the public,” [De Niro] continued.

I was responding to this comment by De Niro, not comparing them to Trump.

De Niro is talking about a smoother totalitarian who might succeed in galvanizing a real majority in America and that will undo its democracy.  Lots of people have warned about this and said if Trump was not so crude and easy to read he would have been even more dangerous.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

De Niro is talking about a smoother totalitarian who might succeed in galvanizing a real majority in America and that will undo its democracy.

Yep, somebody who's more photogenic, more charismatic, younger and in better shape, AND of course possesses the ability to utilize the English language for their ulterior goals at higher than at an eighth grade level.

Well, I certainly don't see anyone out there in the wings with any of THOSE attritribures at the moment! 

Well, okay, maybe THIS woman perhaps...

kristi-noem-kb-main-200729_7ce6f5876e021

...South Dakota's present Repblican Governor Kristi Noem, and who's just taken up Trump's fight to keep his fat butt in the White House.

(...but I've never heard this hot babe talk, and so can't confirm her abilities to possess a vocubary larger than Fat Boy Trump's)

LOL

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...