Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Triumph of Donald Trump

Trump actually has the capacity to do some good. He wants to take credit for the vaccines, which should be approved soon. His deplorables, who are lovers of conspiracy theories, are the most likely to resist being vaccinated, either because they are anti-vaxxers or because they don't believe the disease exists in the first place. A word from Trump might encourage them to take the vaccine.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Swithin said:

Trump actually has the capacity to do some good. He wants to take credit for the vaccines, which should be approved soon. His deplorables, who are lovers of conspiracy theories, are the most likely to resist being vaccinated, either because they are anti-vaxxers or because they don't believe the disease exists in the first place. A word from Trump might encourage them to take the vaccine.

They should call it the Biden vaccine.  Just for the hell of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
18 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

They should call it the Biden vaccine.  Just for the hell of it.

They should name it after my nephew who did a lot more to make the vaccine a reality then either Trump or Biden (or any politician).

• Like 2
1 minute ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

They should name it after my nephew who did a lot more to make the vaccine a reality then either Trump or Biden (or any politician).

Though I don't know your nephew or his work I'm sure this is true.

Of course, I suggested it be called the Biden vaccine because I know what that would do to Donald Trump.

32 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Though I don't know your nephew or his work I'm sure this is true.

Of course, I suggested it be called the Biden vaccine because I know what that would do to Donald Trump.

In one of the Covid-19 threads I posted about the Pfizer vaccine a few days before the press release to the general public based on a phone call I had with my nephew.

While I had know he was working on a vaccine project since May,  he never told me he was working on the Pfizer vaccine (since that was something he couldn't disclose to avoid inside trading).     On November 1st he called and provide me the details about the vaccine and an overall timeline for release (which for this one was more logistical since it must be keep at sub-zero temperature shortly before being administered).       

I did wonder why I didn't get any replies to that post back in early November,   since it was real-time news.     My nephew's contribution was providing revised mathematical equations that could run on high powered PC servers versus super-computers (in a very similar amount of elapse time).    This really speeded up the testing.     He has a PHD in math and a masters in biology.   

So yea,  he is just one of the many players.     As for naming it;  during election week I was staying with my Trump supporting sister and bro-in-law (my nephew was calling mom and dad and I just happened to be there).      We watched the election results and I said something like "well your 3 sons agree with me with regards to Trump".   Bro-in-law kind of pushed back,  but after a while said "well he was never for Biden,  since he liked Warren's economic plans".        Since I didn't wish to rub it into to "dad" I just said,  that I suspect he is much more pro-Biden than Trump.     Mom (my sister),  reluctantly had to agree.  

<_<

“Mr. President, it looks like you likely lost the state of Georgia ... Stop inspiring people to commit potential acts of violence. Someone’s gonna get hurt, someone’s gonna get shot, someone’s gonna get killed.”.....

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

In one of the Covid-19 threads I posted about the Pfizer vaccine a few days before the press release to the general public based on a phone call I had with my nephew.

While I had know he was working on a vaccine project since May,  he never told me he was working on the Pfizer vaccine (since that was something he couldn't disclose to avoid inside trading).     On November 1st he called and provide me the details about the vaccine and an overall timeline for release (which for this one was more logistical since it must be keep at sub-zero temperature shortly before being administered).       

I did wonder why I didn't get any replies to that post back in early November,   since it was real-time news.     My nephew's contribution was providing revised mathematical equations that could run on high powered PC servers versus super-computers (in a very similar amount of elapse time).    This really speeded up the testing.     He has a PHD in math and a masters in biology.   

So yea,  he is just one of the many players.     As for naming it;  during election week I was staying with my Trump supporting sister and bro-in-law (my nephew was calling mom and dad and I just happened to be there).      We watched the election results and I said something like "well your 3 sons agree with me with regards to Trump".   Bro-in-law kind of pushed back,  but after a while said "well he was never for Biden,  since he liked Warren's economic plans".        Since I didn't wish to rub it into to "dad" I just said,  that I suspect he is much more pro-Biden than Trump.     Mom (my sister),  reluctantly had to agree.  

A bit off topic but I've held Pfizer stock for some years now mainly because it is a health stock that pays a dividend.  Though it has gone up a little in the past month it it still not nearly as high as it was in the summer of 2019.  It actually tanked in March of this year.  I find that curious.

13 hours ago, mr6666 said:

<_<

“Mr. President, it looks like you likely lost the state of Georgia ... Stop inspiring people to commit potential acts of violence. Someone’s gonna get hurt, someone’s gonna get shot, someone’s gonna get killed.”.....

Like DUMP CARES????

• Haha 1

Statement by Donald J. Trump, The President of the United States
This may be the most important speech I've ever made....

(ironic that this video from POTUS isn't even on POTUS twitter account,

the moron actually talked for 45 minutes)

• Haha 1

Are self-pardons OK?
How about unlimited preemptive pardons?

The 2 Qs may seem distinct, but they’re not.

Presidents who know they can pardon any & all federal crimes they may have committed while in office

will know FROM THE MOMENT THEY TAKE THE OATH that they’re above the law.

==========================================================

There are lots of reasons a self-pardon isn’t permitted by the Constitution,

but a key question nobody seems to have asked is
why pardoning someone in return for a bribe must be forbidden.

It’s because the only legal pardon is one granted solely to benefit another,

not yourself!

<_<
  • Like 1

QcgK2k4V_bigger.jpg

December 2, 2020. Day of peak US death toll from the COVID-19 epidemic. Nine Trump tweets (and counting) about what's on TV.

QcgK2k4V_bigger.jpg

If you want to know why Trump was personally crushed under by 46% of the vote - 7 million vote margin - in an otherwise solid Republican year ... his behavior tonight is the whole story. The deadliest epidemic in half a century, and he cannot even pretend to care about it
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, mr6666 said:
·
5h

it's as though he's in the bunker, his days numbered,

directing ministers to destroy bridges and factories,

and ordering generals to attack with armies that no longer exist

:rolleyes:

Unfortunately for America and the world, the armies do still exist.  And he has placed incompetents in control of them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
9 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Are self-pardons OK?
How about unlimited preemptive pardons?

The 2 Qs may seem distinct, but they’re not.

Presidents who know they can pardon any & all federal crimes they may have committed while in office

will know FROM THE MOMENT THEY TAKE THE OATH that they’re above the law.

==========================================================

There are lots of reasons a self-pardon isn’t permitted by the Constitution,

but a key question nobody seems to have asked is
why pardoning someone in return for a bribe must be forbidden.

It’s because the only legal pardon is one granted solely to benefit another,

not yourself!

<_<

I have a copy of The Constitution and I cannot find anywhere where it says self-pardoning is prohibited.  There are no limitations on who can be pardoned.  Watched one of the MSNBC or CNN shows last night and a guest expert stated that self-pardoning has never been addressed.  There is the often vague reference to some DOJ or other advisory opinion from 1974 that Nixon probably could not self-pardon himself.

The philosophy that someone cannot be their own judge is a legal position which is totally unrelated to presidential pardoning authority.

Until Trump does it and it goes before the Supreme Court, it is undecided.

As for "above the law," that is what impeachment is for.  

4 hours ago, ElCid said:

I have a copy of The Constitution and I cannot find anywhere where it says self-pardoning is prohibited.  There are no limitations on who can be pardoned.  Watched one of the MSNBC or CNN shows last night and a guest expert stated that self-pardoning has never been addressed.  There is the often vague reference to some DOJ or other advisory opinion from 1974 that Nixon probably could not self-pardon himself.

The philosophy that someone cannot be their own judge is a legal position which is totally unrelated to presidential pardoning authority.

Until Trump does it and it goes before the Supreme Court, it is undecided.

As for "above the law," that is what impeachment is for.  

Maybe you watch CNN who had Alberto Gonazles,  former US AG:   With regards to crimes committed by a President while in office: He said "that is what is impeachment is for".   

This is clearly a very mucky issue.    I still take the POV that the Biden Admin and the US Congress should just ignore what Trump did while in office.    I.e. move-on with running the nation.    The Economist had a very good article laying out the pros-and-cons of the various options:  go-full-on-to-nail-Trump,   or move-on,  or a muddled middle approached.    They appears to recommend moving-on and letting states like NY proceed with trying to put Trump behind bars.    I.e. that overall this was the best thing for the nation and the only way to reduce the hyper partisanship in DC. 

• Like 1