Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Triumph of Donald Trump

38 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

As we celebrate the inauguration of Joe Biden as the nation's 46th president,

let us also celebrate the end of immunity from federal criminal prosecution for the nation's 45th president

<_<

He could easily be indicted today for obstruction of justice based on the evidence complied in the Mueller Report.  Some of it was slam dunk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, hamradio said:

Trump discussing forming new political outfit called the Patriot Party, report says

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-political-party-patriot-b1789816.html

Say he'll have the same problem the Independent Party has....not possible in this 2 party dominate system.

Leo Terrell just now said he will join it.

NINTCHDBPICT000600776113.jpg

Teddy Roosevelt tried to do the same thing with the Bull Moose Party when he wanted to run for a 3rd term.

But that didn't work out for TR.

13 hours ago, hamradio said:

Trump discussing forming new political outfit called the Patriot Party, report says

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-political-party-patriot-b1789816.html

Say he'll have the same problem the Independent Party has....not possible in this 2 party dominate system.

George Wallace tried to do something similar with the American Independent Party, which lasted a few years.

16 hours ago, hamradio said:

ATTENTION! ATTENTION ALL SCOUNDRELS! YOUR LAST REFUGE SOON AWAITS!

(...ah, if only Samuel Johnson were still around to see how true his words would still be after all these years)

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Dargo said:

ATTENTION! ATTENTION ALL SCOUNDRELS! YOUR LAST REFUGE SOON AWAITS!

(...ah, if only Samuel Johnson were still around to see how true his words would still be after all these years)

My Renaissance teacher in 1975, who abhorred crass modernism, was fond of claiming that the world ended in 1784, the year that Samuel Johnson died. The world lost its way from then on. I always thought the world ended in 1958, when the Braves lost the World Series to the Yankees. I guess we all have our end of days.

• Haha 2
16 hours ago, mr6666 said:

<_<

Trump is still the most influential person in the Republican Party and that probably will not change for next few years.  God help America.

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, ElCid said:

Trump is still the most influential person in the Republican Party and that probably will not change for next few years.  God help America.

Maybe one day soon we will see campsites full of his supporters doing vigil outside the prison walls where Trump is being held.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
21 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Maybe one day soon we will see campsites full of his supporters doing vigil outside the prison walls where Trump is being held.

I seriously doubt that Trump will spend one day inside a prison.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Awful news to wake up to of Myanmar's coup. A friend who lives in Yangon texted me saying that the generals were likely emboldened by Trump's playbook, as they used false claims of widespread election fraud as a pretext to seize power.

(This wouldn't be the first time, by the way, as Myanmar's government committed mass atrocities against the Rohingya minority and then denounced the press while calling reports of those atrocities "fake news").

To clarify: Trump is obviously not to blame for the coup. But as I found in my PhD research studying coups after contested elections, there *is* a diffusion effect for pretexts used when militaries seize power. In both tweets above, I'm talking about the justifications used.

:unsure:
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
On 1/29/2021 at 3:56 PM, ElCid said:

I seriously doubt that Trump will spend one day inside a prison.

If he leaves the country that will be ok, too.

• Like 3