Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Invisible Man (1933)

NipkowDisc

Someone recently mentioned to me how you see the invisible man running through the snow - invisible, so he's naked. But you see shoe prints appear in the snow instead of footprints. LOL. Love the movie though!

Heh!  Yeah, I noticed that too.  

Maybe it's one of those peculiarities like in movies about ghosts,  which are supposedly spirits and believed to be ectoplasm entities of once living matter, but somehow manage to be WEARING CLOTHES!

Sepiatone

I'd seen this flick numerous times over the years, but it was only within the last couple of viewings that I eventually noticed WALTER BRENNAN was in it!

Sepiatone

You can also spot Dwight Frye as a reporter and John Carridine as someone calling in with a tip on how to capture the invisible man.

Henry Travers has a great line, he tells someone to tell the police "only that we haven't seen Griffin lately" even though he's in the house.

• Like 1

Someone recently mentioned to me how you see the invisible man running through the snow - invisible, so he's naked. But you see shoe prints appear in the snow instead of footprints. LOL. Love the movie though!

Holy cow. You're right. I never noticed that before. Maybe he found a pair of flip flops in the barn?

One of my faves too. Watched it last night, again. I noticed several little nuances that I hadn't in the past. Una O'Connor is hilarious. She really went off during this movie a lot more than when she meets Frankenstein's Monster, we only got to see a little bit of her "freak out" this movie she's over the top. Laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. I wish the movie was about 15 min. longer though. I recently purchased the Universal Studio "Classic Monters" collection on DVD which has 30 of THE most classic old sci-fi/horror movies, which is my favorite genre. I've been so pleased the last few days with the amount of my favorites they've been showing on TCM.

• Like 3

Una O'Connor is hilarious. She really went off during this movie a lot more than when she meets Frankenstein's Monster, we only got to see a little bit of her "freak out" this movie she's over the top. Laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes.

I love Claude Rains' laugh, too. So fiendish and sinister. He really gives the sense that he's getting a huge kick out of sending everybody scrambling.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings