Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If You Had A Choice Between ...

Palmerin

... Kate Beckinsale and Kate Winslet, which one would you choose?

I myself am entranced by the sultriness of brunettes such as Elizabeth Taylor and Jean Simmons--but only the damndest of fools would refuse someone like Winslet!

So Tab Hunter is a damned fool?

Choice--I always wanted a choice between Tab Hunter and Troy Donahue, but I never got it.

As far as the Kates go, they look like kids that I see coming out of the high school every day--

There are many more young girls that I've seen there and working at McDonalds who are more beautiful than those two. But maybe they've got some kind of special talent?

Choice--I always wanted a choice between Tab Hunter and Troy Donahue, but I never got it.

As far as the Kates go, they look like kids that I see coming out of the high school every day--

There are many more young girls that I've seen there and working at McDonalds who are more beautiful than those two. But maybe they've got some kind of special talent?

Didn't know it took any "special talent" to ask people if they'd like to super-size their order, Princess?!!!

Oh...wait. You weren't talkin' about those beautiful young girls you say you see workin' at McDonalds. You were talkin' about these two actresses Palmerin brought up here, weren't ya. Sorry, never mind then.

;)

(...btw, I know of what you speak, err, type here I suppose...during my many years at LAX boarding passengers on flights, I'd occasionally have what would be considered a "glamorous and beautiful" female celeb walk past me and/or interact with, and trust me here, without all the makeup and nicely coiffed hair and flashy clothes you'd see 'em sportin' in the movies and on TV, for the most part they really weren't "such-a-much" in the real and everyday world...at least in most cases I found them to be fairly average looking, anyway) 

Edited by Dargo
  • Like 1

It took me a minute to figure out you meant in REAL LIFE.  Otherwise, you've ALWAYS had the choice.

And as for the two Kates, I could be a pig and use the old line, "I wouldn't kick either one out of bed."  But, reality tells me neither one would ever get the chance!  :D

Sepiatone

I have never  had trouble recognizing Kate Winslet.  But I have trouble telling Beckinsale, Knightley and Hathaway apart.  Now that I've been looking them up in Wikipedia, I can remember Beckinsale because she was in Love and Friendship, Hathaway was in Rachel Getting Married, and Knightley is in a number of movies, most notably the Pirate of the Caribbean series.  Knightley was also in Atonement, which I did not like, Hathaway won an oscar for Les Miserables, which I loathed, and Beckinsale has been in a number of forgettable blockbusters such as the Underworld series, which I've never bothered to watch.

Some years back, I remember watching Kate Winslet run around naked for half the movie in 'Holy Smoke' (1999). I was sold after that - wanted to marry that babe.

But Kate Beckinsale is so statuesque and classy. Saw her on Conan once and nearly fainted from love of her. She's also funny and charming beyond belief.

I suspect that Beckinsale's body will hold up better than Winslet's body. Already Winslet is not the nubile young babe she was in 'Holy Smoke'. It's easier to imagine her going to fat eventually, harder to imagine Beckinsale going there.

But Winslet does have such a strong, fascinating face. I can't take my eyes off it when she's on screen - and I always want it back when it's gone. She is the better actress - at least in terms of projecting nuance.

Winslet is also a year or two younger than Beckinsale - a plus for Winslet. But, she is Australian- where Beckinsale is British - and that's a plus for Beckinsale. Australians are just so coarse, if you know what I mean.

So my answer is - I'd marry Beckinsale, even though I'd secretly lust for Winslet.

I so much want to be like the Jewish kings of old - have 'em all.

...Winslet is also a year or two younger than Beckinsale - a plus for Winslet. But, she is Australian- where Beckinsale is British - and that's a plus for Beckinsale. Australians are just so coarse, if you know what I mean.

Hmmmm...well, it could be WORSE for Winslet, ya know dark. Uh-huh, she COULD have been...oh my gosh...an AMERICAN!!!

(...and from past experience around here, I have a feelin' you might think THAT would probably make her even MORE "coarse", huh!) ;)

LOL

Hmmmm...well, it could be WORSE for Winslet, ya know dark. Uh-huh, she COULD have been...oh my gosh...an AMERICAN!!!

(...and from past experience around here, I have a feelin' you might think THAT would probably make her even MORE "coarse", huh!)

"Coarse" is not the first word that comes to mind for Americans.

Think I'll just leave it there.

• Like 1

"Coarse" is not the first word that comes to mind for Americans.

Think I'll just leave it there.

Well, OF COURSE you're gonna "leave it there", dude!

'CAUSE "of course", you Canadians are known far and wide as being exceptionally "POLITE"!

(...well, with a few exceptions here and there, of course) ;)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings