Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favorite Snack

drdoolittle

I was wondering what is your favorite snack when you sit down and watch a movie on tcm or what other channel a movie that you've been wanting to catch .Is the favorite pastime snacks a bowl of popcorn or chips? what kind of popcorn do you like or chips? a certain candy bar?or something a little different like trail mix or carrots with dip or a yogurt or a piece of fruit or what quenche's your thirst?

Mine depends I like carrots or sometimes a bowl of ice cream once in awhile I love a glass of chocolate milk or cold glass of pepsi.

Assuming that the majority of us are NOT able to tap a keg of Guinness at home, I'm going to recommend the following amazingly delicious combination:

M&M's mashed down into a room-temp block of Philadelphia-brand cream cheese (consume by forkfuls), alternated with a freshly opened bag of spicey pork rinds ("chicharones mui pico").

If you must pair a wine with this, I'd recommend a hearty red, perhaps a South African malbek or a Chilean syrah.

Mr. Brando, put that phone down! I'm NOT crazy, I swear!

Message was edited by:

klondike

Okay, I'm starting a new thread poll: median weight of average TCM viewer???

I should've specified "lite" beer; I try not to pack on the pounds while knoshing during movies; it'd be all too easy to do!!! Another favorite is a "lite" cheese with crackers and wine or else penny candy, which tends to be at least low in fat...

> There is a place: it's called your bedroom!!! I

> bought a manual treadmill (quieter than electric);

> stationery bike works just as well... But sometimes

> you just want to veg out in front of the fire with

> something sinful... Just not TOO often (I hope).

I think it would depend on the size of the room... it'd be nice to have a room big enough so that you could either watch it from a couch or futon -- but also switch to a treadmill/elliptical cross-trainer/stationary bike for a good chunk of the movie.

But generally speaking when I said I wish there was such a place, I meant more like a big place like a gym or something, where maybe several people could share the same movie while they exercise. It could also be a great place to meet other movie buffs!

True... I guess most gyms show sporting events or mindless talk shows???

One thing I've noticed (to my dismay) is the proliferation of TVs EVERYWHERE; not just in the oil-change place, but in McDs and even libraries; eeeeeeeeeeek...

We can't go five minutes w/o our cell phones, iPods, and now Montell Williams!!!

I've always thought TVs should actually be powered by treadmill/cycle action; now that would keep us honest (and slim). Why not open the first Fitness Cinema???

Coffee (decaf) and almost anything, but especially pastries! Or dry cereal. Or chocolate.

The Super Wally-World has 40%-off pastries/pies/cookies marked down almost every day. I check at least every three days. That's been my dietary downfall. Then, every so often I go cold-turkey - for about 4 days! Still well under 200, though.... (And almost 6')

Bill

Do Marlboros count as a snack? Just kidding!

I'm a real chocoholic, so I like to nibble on a few Dove darks (or any other dark chocolates). By going for straight chocolate, I skip the calories and fat in the cookie surrounding it. Because I can't stop eating chocolate if it's in a cookie! I also like to sip a little Coke from a small glass (to fool myself into thinking I have more.) I sometimes like popcorn but tend to avoid it because I can't control the Coke intake with it! Water just doesn't seem to wash it down! I have an exercise machine that could be moved in front of a tv - or a tv in front of it. I'll have to work on that!

One of my big regrets as a movie buff is that I could never eat popcorn; don't know why, but those kernels always get stuck in my throat, stuck in my teeth, stuck in my gums... LOVE the smell and would be happy as a clam to eat a big bowl of buttered popcorn every time I watch a movie (some are even low fat???), but just can't do it without ending up in distress, hawking and disturbing the others, etc....

Now have bags of "popcorn" that is reconstituted w/o kernals, but that's a remake.

I have two snacks which are easy to make and are great. First, I take a block of Velveeta cheese with a jar of Newman's Own salsa. and cook in the microwave for 2 minutes, stir and cook for two minutes more or until creamy, dip with chips. Second, I buy the Armor meatballs, and take one jar of grape jelly, and one jar of Heinz chili sauce, mix all contents together in a crock pot and let it cook for an hour. Both are favs of mine.

klondike, that's hysterical! Seriously????????

Now, since I love to bake cheesecakes, I may take you seriously and surprise everyone with an M&M version (male or female :) ).

Cool, I have never heard of this and I thought I had tried just about everything!

But you're kidding, right?

Then again, M&Ms are good, and cream cheese is one of the four food groups, so I have to think they just might go together! :)

otterhere, I can't share, but I will say I lost 45 pounds 6 years ago and it's been torture ever since. I related wholeheartedly to stories on television of people who are overweight.

Lite stuff sucks. You'll do better going for the heavyweight stuff and cutting back on the portions.

Those fat-free cookies? They're loaded with sugar in place of the fat and by eating more of them, you get just as many calories. AND, they taste like sawdust.

So, go for the full fat cheese and crackers and beer et al, just eat less of it.

Trust me, lite ice cream isn't even worth flushing down the toilet. :) It's all a scam.

The Super Wally-World has 40%-off pastries/pies/cookies marked down almost every day.

Good thing Super Wally World here has only seen fit to open a location in a building where people have to pay the owner of the parking garage to park.

Yes. Can you imagine? Paying someone to PARK in order to shop at Walmart?

No, I don't do it and from the sound of it, Bill, it's a good thing I don't.