Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recent Classic Film dvd purchase(s)

OBJ

I've recently purchased several Classic Movie Collections which include: Universals Classic Monster's, Charlie Chan vol 1-5 (already had vol 6) which is over 35 CC movies, also,The Lathe of Heaven and The Ultimate Three Stooges Collection (I know, I know, now you know who I am, a Stooges fan).

Anyone else recently purchase a favorite classic or two? My favorite of the above is The Lathe of Heaven as I saw this when it came out on Public TV when I lived near Chicago in the late 70's on WTTW. I also just purchased the book last week and read it in less than two days.

OBJ

There's a thread about this over in the "Classic Film DVD Reviews" section. The thread can be found here:

http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/119241-recent-buys/

Was that Charlie Chan set the one Amazon had as a deal a few months back? If so, i got it as well.

Just got it last week. It has five volumes of four to five dvd's in each volume. I think I paid $124.00 for it at Amazon with free shipping. If it was a lot less when you purchased it I'll be bummed, but not too bummed as I really like the set. I have a sixth volume from years ago that nearly completes the whole CC collection. I think I need just six more movies to complete it. Thanks for the link!

Just got it last week. It has five volumes of four to five dvd's in each volume. I think I paid $124.00 for it at Amazon with free shipping. If it was a lot less when you purchased it I'll be bummed, but not too bummed as I really like the set. I have a sixth volume from years ago that nearly completes the whole CC collection. I think I need just six more movies to complete it. Thanks for the link!

It was the same set: Charlie Chan Collection Vol. 1-5. It was $55.99. It was a "Lightning Deal" back in July. I'm glad I got it!

This is my first post so please be gentle. I think this is the correct section to post this: I have found a 2014 restoration of Lost Horizon on blu-ray. It was done by Sony. I did an A - B comparison between the old dvd and this blu-ray and it is truly night and day. All the scratches and dirt are gone,  the 16 mm print sections appear sharper to me, the scene where Robert Conway first meets the High Lama is now fully intact, and the sound has been remastered. The disk is an Australian import, but it plays on U.S. players. If i am allowed to post the source for this disk let me know here. I just checked and there are about 10 left at a decent price of 13.99 pounds.

Archived