Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dark Shadows Fans

Hibi

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/10/dark-shadows-celebrates-50-years

Decades also had another marathon this past wknd. Unfortunately, instead of starting where they left off last year, they just showed the same episodes again this time. Still, it was fun to watch some of them.

I like the eps right after willie finds barnabas in the mausoleum. he's all weak and sick and he really gets on Roger's nerves. :D

Decades also had another marathon this past wknd. Unfortunately, instead of starting where they left off last year, they just showed the same episodes again this time. Still, it was fun to watch some of them.

On Halloween weekend I watched the DARK SHADOWS series from the early 1990s with Jean Simmons as Elizabeth Collins Stoddard and Joseph Gordon-Levitt as David Collins.

You know how much I love David Collins, Hibi.

I think he's my favorite character.

9f01b4f2e498b7473559bf9a2fa32d16.jpg

• Like 1

I confess to watching them again. Weird tho that Charter's menu listed a bunch of Quentin episodes.

I usually see something new when watching these episodes. This weekend I pondered over how Sam Evans paid for Maggie's care at Wyndcliffe. I mean being under Dr. Hoffman's care couldn't have been cheap.

Some trivia about Alexandra Isles ( played Victoria Winters). for those of you who remember the Claus Von Bulow trial, he was charged with killing Sunny. Alexandra Isles testified she was his mistress and that he had attempted to kill Sunny a couple of times so he could be with her.

I remember when seeing the film Reversal of Fortune thinking about Dark Shadows and the character Victoria Winters.

Yes. She was a reluctant witness the 2nd time around, but she did appear. It was her ultimatum to get a divorce that the prosecution speculated started the wheels turning in the attempted murder case. Although he was found not guilty the 2nd time, I've always thought he was guilty. Nothing beats money (in this case Sunny's) in beating a murder rap in court.

Isles/Moltke  (her name on the show, I think she got married after the show and Isles was her married name) has never been one to take part in Dark Shadows nostaligia/fan shows. The only major cast member who didnt.

I confess to watching them again. Weird tho that Charter's menu listed a bunch of Quentin episodes.

I usually see something new when watching these episodes. This weekend I pondered over how Sam Evans paid for Maggie's care at Wyndcliffe. I mean being under Dr. Hoffman's care couldn't have been cheap.

LOL. Yeah, I noticed a lot of gaffes this time around. I was hoping to see the Quentin storyline this time or at least Barnabas' in the past, but it was just the same ones from last year (in the present) from when he first appeared.

On Halloween weekend I watched the DARK SHADOWS series from the early 1990s with Jean Simmons as Elizabeth Collins Stoddard and Joseph Gordon-Levitt as David Collins.

You know how much I love David Collins, Hibi.

I think he's my favorite character.

9f01b4f2e498b7473559bf9a2fa32d16.jpg

NOT MINE. LOL.

I was disappointed as soon as I discovered they were showing all the same episodes as the last marathon.   Guess those are the only ones they have leased.    I was looking forward to some of the later ones.

There was some problem with the color as well. Although the episodes were shown in order, it kept jumping back and forth from color to B&W. Annoying. Once the show switched to color it didnt go back to B&W!

There was some problem with the color as well. Although the episodes were shown in order, it kept jumping back and forth from color to B&W. Annoying. Once the show switched to color it didnt go back to B&W!

The same thing occurred during the last marathon.   I wasn't sure if that was how these episodes were filmed OR jus some goof on Decades parts (e.g. what they leased),  but now I know it was the latter.

The same thing occurred during the last marathon.   I wasn't sure if that was how these episodes were filmed OR jus some goof on Decades parts (e.g. what they leased),  but now I know it was the latter.

Wasn't Decades Channel. It was the way the shows were taped at the time. Once the show went to color, there were some episodes that were taped in kinescope. I've never understood the process in full, but that's the gist of it.

Wasn't Decades Channel. It was the way the shows were taped at the time. Once the show went to color, there were some episodes that were taped in kinescope. I've never understood the process in full, but that's the gist of it.

So many of the color episodes turned out in B&W?? I didnt realize some were kinescope, I thought they had the original tapes. Interesting.

So many of the color episodes turned out in B&W?? I didnt realize some were kinescope, I thought they had the original tapes. Interesting.

I think the reason is that for some episodes only kinescope copies exist.

When DARK SHADOWS aired most of the daytime network programming was recorded on tapes that were usually erased and re-used so it's amazing that every episode of DARK SHADOWS is available although for some episodes only the kinescope copies exist.

I think the reason is that for some episodes only kinescope copies exist.

When DARK SHADOWS aired most of the daytime network programming was recorded on tapes that were usually erased and re-used so it's amazing that every episode of DARK SHADOWS is available although for some episodes only the kinescope copies exist.

Thanks to all for the info about kinescope.  I'm no long in a dark shadow as it relates to why episodes went from color and back to B&W. 

Isles/Moltke  (her name on the show, I think she got married after the show and Isles was her married name) has never been one to take part in Dark Shadows nostaligia/fan shows. The only major cast member who didnt.

I don't think David Henesy has ever appeared at any of the festivals.  He became a businessman and spends much of his time in Panama.

I don't think David Henesy has ever appeared at any of the festivals.  He became a businessman and spends much of his time in Panama.

Yes, he owns and runs a restaurant down there. (I looked him up when D.S. was run last year).

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings