Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The cockamamie thread

Cinemascope - I knew I had heard 'teched' in some 30's comedy/musical type movies - and just noticed one this weekend when re-watching Ready, Willing, and Able, spoken by Ruby Keeler. Thought you'd get a kick out of that!

Cinemascope - I knew I had heard 'teched' in some 30's comedy/musical type movies - and just noticed one this weekend when re-watching Ready, Willing, and Able, spoken by Ruby Keeler. Thought you'd get a kick out of that!

In what context was it used? Was it pronounced TEK'd? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, couple of real doozies:

Remember my mentioning my Mom's use of "gallavanting"?

Well just t'other day I recalled the opposite: when you're trying to stall for time while going somewhere to do something, you're guilty of:

"Lollygagging"!

And just now, in my new DVD of the Busby Berkely musical "The Gang's All Here" (a real treat for all you Carmen Miranda fans!), I just heard Eugene Pallette caution Edward Everett Horton, upon barging into a NYC nightclub:

"Don't be a square from Delaware!"

That's just too cool for school!

And just now, in my new DVD of the Busby Berkely musical "The Gang's All Here" (a real treat for all you Carmen Miranda fans!), I just heard Eugene Pallette caution Edward Everett Horton, upon barging into a NYC nightclub:

What did you think of the transfer, btw?

I heard this nicely turned phrase out of the side of William Demarest's mouth in Whispering Smith(1949) last week, expressing his joy at seeing two boyhood pals Alan Ladd & Robert Preston together again:

"I'm so happy...that I could spit nickels!"